Conquest vs oasis

eileenfa

I can go on for about the same money either conquest or oasis - eastern caribbean . Carnival would be a spa balcony and royal would be a reg ocean baloney. What would u do. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can go on for about the same money either conquest or oasis - eastern caribbean . Carnival would be a spa balcony and royal would be a reg ocean baloney. What would u do. Thank you in advance.

If they were the same price, I'd go on Oasis.

Having sailed on Oasis, and also many Carnival ships, I feel that Carnival is a good cruise for a great price, while Royal Caribbean charges proportionately more dollars for proportionately more features on the ship.

If you have found a lucky situation where Oasis is the same price as Carnival, then by all means go on the ship with more features! That is, unless you are in a specific situation where you make such heavy use of the spa that the spa cabin amenities make an appreciable difference in the entire cruise.

Edited by Aoumd

Wow what week are you looking at going?

I always see the Conquest priced really cheaply as compared to the Oasis.

If you can go on Oasis for the same price I'd do that in a heartbeat.

If you get the ocean baloney on RCI make sure you have lots of extra mustard.:p

Gotta love Siri. lol

Bill

I've never been on Oasis but if they're the same price it would be Oasis without a doubt. I've never seen the Oasis close to the same price as Carnival Conquest class. What dates are you looking at?

• 3 months later...

Wow! What week were the prices the same, any time I have looked at the Oasis pricing it is always at least double anything Carnival has.... I looked for April and an interior was about $900... I paid $270 on Conquest interior...huge difference....would love to try Oasis but cannot justify the huge price difference.

When did Conquest get spa balconies?

Just to clarify, "Spa" balconies on the Conquest only mean that they are located on the Spa deck, not that they have any Cloud 9 privileges, like on ships that do have a Cloud 9 spa, correct?

I'd be livid if I booked a "Spa" balcony on the Conquest, only to realize that my stateroom is the same as one on any other deck and with zero perks, and most importantly, if that was my deciding factor to forego the Oasis! :mad:

...while the price may seem the same, be prepared to pay on board for many more things... Food... Activities... Many are at an additional cost on Oasis

To clarify, the Oasis does have many "for fee" places to eat, but you also have MORE free places to eat than on the Conquest. You can go the entire week and not spend an extra dime on food and still have more variety than on any Carnival ship.

And about "extra fees" for activities, let's clarify that too. Yes, Oasis has things like the flowrider, the rock climbing wall, the zip line, the carousel, ice skating, full Broadway shows, and water shows. All of them are FREE. Extra fee activities on Royal are similar to the ones on Carnival.

Edited by Tapi

OH MY! Oasis in a heartbeat. I keep looking at the new big RCCL ships but it's over twice the cost for Breeze.

Unless you are looking for a really, really low key vacation the Oasis has soooooo much more to offer.

Having cruised many times on Oasis/Allure, a lot of what is offered isn't for everyone!

We will never rock climb, never use the flow rider, never use the zip line, never use the carousel kids theme area, never ice skate!

Our comparison is a little different then what most might think!

Free food=Carnival's better (pizza, Guy's burgers, buritto stand, sandwich window, fish and chips, Carnival's far superior!)

Late free food=Carnival's better by far!

Extra pay food=RCL's better slightly

Entertainment=RCL's better (RCL's Broadway shows, Aqua show, Ice skating show are all very good, and much better the Carnival's)

Cruise cost=Carnival's less (usually a 'lot' less)

Itinerary=Carnival's better (7 day western Caribbean on Fl. based Carnival has 4 ports vs 3 on Oasis/Allure) Eastern Caribbean equal!

So unless you really want to cruise on a floating indoor shopping mall filled with 5,000 plus people, we'd pick the Conquest class for the much lower price, much better free food, and the better itinerary out of Florida!:D

So unless you really want to cruise on a floating indoor shopping mall filled with 5,000 plus people...

One of the most amazing things about the Allure and Oasis is how well they handle the crowds. Let's start with them having a much more favorable space to passenger ratio than any ship in the Carnival fleet. Yes, more passengers, but A LOT more space. In addition, the engineers did an amazing job, not only creating very efficient passenger flow aboard these ships, but also at the cruise terminal in Ft. Lauderdale. The result is that sailing on these ships feels much less crowded than on ships a fraction of their size. In fact, there are many places that feel absolutely deserted. The "neighborhood" concept helps tremendously in spreading passengers around.

And about these ships being "a shopping mall", that observation is as tired as Carnival ships being "the Walmart of the seas". True, the Royal Promenade may have a resemblance to an indoor mall, but that is only one of many places around the ship. Central Park, the Boardwalk, the Entertainment District, the multiple pool decks, etc are far from being "mall-like".

I've had a WONDERFUL time on Carnival's Conquest class ships (Liberty ranks as my favorite Carnival ship), but let's be honest, the experience paled in comparison to our sailing on the Allure. If the price difference is considerable and I want cheap, of course Carnival is the logical option, but both costing the same (even a bit more), then the Oasis/Allure would be the logical option.

Edited by Tapi

One of the most amazing things about the Allure and Oasis is how well they handle the crowds. Let's start with them having a much more favorable space to passenger ratio than any ship in the Carnival fleet. Yes, more passengers, but A LOT more space. In addition, the engineers did an amazing job, not only creating very efficient passenger flow aboard these ships, but also at the cruise terminal in Ft. Lauderdale. The result is that sailing on these ships feels much less crowded than on ships a fraction of their size. In fact, there are many places that feel absolutely deserted. The "neighborhood" concept helps tremendously in spreading passengers around.

And about these ships being "a shopping mall", that observation is as tired as Carnival ships being "the Walmart of the seas". True, the Royal Promenade may have a resemblance to an indoor mall, but that is only one of many places around the ship. Central Park, the Boardwalk, the Entertainment District, the multiple pool decks, etc are far from being "mall-like".

I've had a WONDERFUL time on Carnival's Conquest class ships (Liberty ranks as my favorite Carnival ship), but let's be honest, the experience paled in comparison to our sailing on the Allure. If the price difference is considerable and I want cheap, of course Carnival is the logical option, but both costing the same (even a bit more), then the Oasis/Allure would be the logical option.

Like and have to try one of these ships.

We see it differently!:)

A lot of the space on Oasis/Allure is wasted space you can't/won't use!

The Carousel/Boardwalk area is nothing more then a walkway to the aqua theater, and Central Park is nothing more then a walkway through a green area you can look at, but can't use! 2 large areas that drive up space ratio, but are nothing more then walkways!

Want to do anything on these ships, and you'll wait in a line! You need reservations to get in the showroom cause there aren't enough seats, and too many people!:eek:

And price,,,you can always find a Conquest ship at close to 50% of the price of Oasis/Allure, you may see that as cheap, we see it as value for your money!:D

Want to do anything on these ships, and you'll wait in a line!

5,800 passengers when we sailed. Literally, we didn't stand in line once. Not a single time. Once again, a big part of it is because of ship and terminal design. Multiple boarding areas, use of electric stairs inside the ship, unobstructed flow, no "can't get from here to there without going up or down one deck", etc. Another one is because of the use of technology. The electronic signage (both around the ship and accessible in cabin) was very helpful in determining what crowded areas to avoid. If we saw that the Windjammer was red (which it was a lot for breakfast), we'd go to the Park Cafe instead, grab a table overlooking Central Park and eat in pretty much solitude. If you're standing in line for anything, you simply don't know how to use the multiple resources available to you.

You need reservations to get in the showroom cause there aren't enough seats, and too many people!:eek:

Let's start by being objective. There's not a single theater or venue on ANY ship, Carnival, Royal or any major cruise line, that accommodates ALL passengers on the ship, so that statement applies to Conquest class ships as well.

I was very skeptical about the whole "making reservations" to go see a show. After experiencing it, now I see that it's a (to quote John Heald's favorite word) BRILLIANT idea! Think about it, how many times have you entered a theater or lounge on any other ship to watch a show, comedian, etc, only to find every seat taken, people standing in the back or along the sides? It's bound to happen, on Royal, Carnival or ANY cruise line. With a reservation, you know that you can walk up until the last minute, and there's a guaranteed seat waiting for you. No crowds to fight, no arriving half an hour prior to the show to secure a seat, no bottlenecks of people trying to get in simply because people without reservations are not going to be there.

Are the Oasis/Allure perfect, or are they for everyone? Absolutely not. On my review, I wrote a comparison where I list where Carnival excels so I can see the good of each cruise line. But there's no denying that these ships are an absolute engineering and creativity marvels, and worthy of consideration, specially if price is the same as a regular sailing on another ship.

Edited by Tapi