Is the Mediterranean seas rough in May?

Pam bam

Hello I'm going on a cruise in May 2015 on the Allure of the seas, this will be my first cruise, so I don't have a clue what to expect. But I'm wondering has anyone ever experienced rough seas in the med in May? Was is wicket Rocky or would ya even feel it coz it's a big ship,

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went last year in June and it was pretty calm. I always bring sea sick pills just incase they get rough. Location in the ship makes a difference too.

We are on the Allure in June next year.

We are up near the front on the ship on the inside rooms, our room is 7434,

We are up near the front on the ship on the inside rooms, our room is 7434,

Low and in the middle is suppose to have the least movement. We had no problems last year in a balcony suite. Just take along some Dramamine or something like that. Better safe than sorry. I get a little queasy when the ship first starts to move and after that I am ok.

Usually, and I repeat usually, it is not. Chances of rain and storms in may are low. From mid-may you can expect warmer -almost summer- weather. However, this year may was rather cooler than normal, you never know.

Anyway, it's the Allure, I wouldn't worry at all since that thing is rather big.

Low and in the middle is suppose to have the least movement. We had no problems last year in a balcony suite. Just take along some Dramamine or something like that. Better safe than sorry. I get a little queasy when the ship first starts to move and after that I am ok.

We are on deck 7, I'll take them with me to be safe lol, once the ship don't tip over is what frightens me more, lol lol thanks

Usually, and I repeat usually, it is not. Chances of rain and storms in may are low. From mid-may you can expect warmer -almost summer- weather. However, this year may was rather cooler than normal, you never know.

Anyway, it's the Allure, I wouldn't worry at all since that thing is rather big.

We are going the 31st of May start of June

Is the Mediterranean seas rough in May?

Been in the Med. many times during May/June and cannot remember a single time that the waters have been overly rough.:)

All of the ships that we were on were much smaller than the Allure. I understand that the Allure practically has no movement at all. ;)

I think you will be fine, but take some non-drowsy sea sick medicine (I take a half tablet of Meclizine) on the morning before you even set sail. That first time at sea is always a little different feeling. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

Been in the Med. many times during May/June and cannot remember a single time that the waters have been overly rough.:)

All of the ships that we were on were much smaller than the Allure. I understand that the Allure practically has no movement at all. ;)

I think you will be fine, but take some non-drowsy sea sick medicine (I take a half tablet of Meclizine) on the morning before you even set sail. That first time at sea is always a little different feeling. :rolleyes:

Thank you, god I'll be delighted if it has no movement lol but I will take some sea sickness tabs with me just incase, I'v only been on a ferry before from Ireland to uk, but it was lovely and smooth, it was in July,

No one can tell you what the seas will be in May, they can only tell you what they were in past May's. Just because someone had a trip without any motion doesn't mean you will. Also large ships are very small compared with the sea.

No one can tell you what the seas will be in May, they can only tell you what they were in past May's. Just because someone had a trip without any motion doesn't mean you will. Also large ships are very small compared with the sea.

Ah sure there's no harm in asking lol lol

We did the Med. last May and it was relatively calm, and we were on a much smaller ship (only a hundred + Pax.). I am sure on a larger vessel you should feel even less.

However, as another poster stated, it can change year to year and day to day.

Barb

Have only sailied the Med one time mid to late May and the weather was fantastic - very warm and calm seas.

It was a 12 night RT from Barcelona that included the ports of Marseilles, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Venice, Naples, Messina and Villefranche. Have a wonderful cruise!

On eight Med cruises we've only had one bad night when it got very rocky we always go in May and apart from that one time you hardly know your moving.if it's the first time you've cruised I'd start taking a pill the day before you leave and for the first couple of days until you get used to the movement. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

On eight Med cruises we've only had one bad night when it got very rocky we always go in May and apart from that one time you hardly know your moving.if it's the first time you've cruised I'd start taking a pill the day before you leave and for the first couple of days until you get used to the movement. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

Let me add that you might want to try a pill out a few weeks before you sail. Try it on a day when you will not need to drive anywhere to make sure that you have no side effects.