Noordam's threadbare carpet.

steve ch

For those who may be wondering, after an extensive search on Noordam last week, I can reveal that the threadbare carpet is on the edge of a tread on the forward stairs on the flight between between decks 2 and 3. It took some finding, believe me!

What a shame that you were subjected to that horror!;) The worst part of it is, that left unchecked, it will probably soon spread to the next step.:p

Apart from the aforementioned carpet, the ship was in a good state throughout, as far as I could tell. It's not new. It has thousands of passengers tramping through it on a daily basis, but everything worked (OK, there was a small fire at one point). Everything was clean and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

The decor might not be to everyone's taste, a preponderance of reds and browns make it a bit dark. Sections of carpet, which presumably had worn out, have been replaced in plain blue. New carpets everywhere would be a priority if I was planning the next dry-dock.

Seriously?? Good grief. We were on the Noordam last fall. I don't recall any tripping hazards, etc.

I DID notice that there were no more days of the week carpets in the elevators!! Shocking. LOL.:eek: It caused quite a kerfuffel...

OH NOOOOO how will I know what day it is but more importantly - will I care??? Always liked it when my 'pill container day' matched the elevator's mat day. Do hate to see one of my favorite things go away - will have to comment on the survey after our upcoming cruise.

Will have to search out the dreaded, hazardous carpet when we sail the Noordam in Nov.

OH NOOOOO how will I know what day it is but more importantly - will I care??? Always liked it when my 'pill container day' matched the elevator's mat day. Do hate to see one of my favorite things go away - will have to comment on the survey after our upcoming cruise.

Will have to search out the dreaded, hazardous carpet when we sail the Noordam in Nov.

I would seriously hope that someone at HAL reads this forum and that the offending carpet is being replaced next changeover day. If they have any idea how to run a business, that is.

Small fire? So maybe the carpets are scorched, not worn? Now I understand why Copper10-8 suggested you take the thermal imaging equipments, so you can avoid the hotspots! :D

According to the Captain,the fire was in an electrical panel while in port. The damaged equipment was replaced before we sailed.

Cannot believe the number of posters who really seem to believe that the OP was serious :rolleyes: The obvious lack of sense of humour on the part of that many posters makes us thankful that HAL still offers tables for 2 in the MDR :D

I'm actually pretty good with a needle and thread, and have a friend who weaves . . . do you think we would get a serious price reduction if we brought along our supplies and fixed the offending piece? It shouldn't take us more than, oh, I don't know, about 7 days . . . . .

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I hope you reported it to the proper authorities and were promptly rewarded with a free cruise ;)

Thanks for the laugh!!! Sort of reminds me of some of the reviews we read before cruising on The Oosterdam last June stating that the ship was in less than stellar condition. Ship was perfect and the one place on a stairway where carpet had worn was replaced during our cruise. Beautiful ship, beautiful cruise.

For those who may be wondering, after an extensive search on Noordam last week, I can reveal that the threadbare carpet is on the edge of a tread on the forward stairs on the flight between between decks 2 and 3. It took some finding, believe me!

Wonderful! Please tell us what else you found!

Must be really bored on a cruise if you are taking the time and money to try and prove an anonymous CC poster wrong. :confused:

I can find hundreds of other things to do with my valuable cruise time that I have spent thousands on.

facetious

flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous; witty, amusing, funny, droll, comic, comical, lighthearted, jocose.

facetious

flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous; witty, amusing, funny, droll, comic, comical, lighthearted, jocose.

And your post too will fly right over certain people's heads! :)

LOL.....we'll see if the Eurodam has done the same. I don't care either but it was kind of cute and always elicited comments from the elevator passengers.

It's kind of weird that the original poster started a thread like this.

What was your point?

To be a nice person?

Or did you post it for another reason?

soccer

Those who have read many reviews recently of the Noordam understand the "point." Not to worry - all is well.