Attire on Pride of America

dresterj

Hello, I'm preparing for my first NCL cruise (Ignore signature. I need to update it as that NCL cruise was canceled, but forget how...lol). It's on Pride of America and departs this Saturday...cannot wait!

I am starting to think about packing. Should I pack anything other than casual clothes (like a suit)? I understand that NCL is freestyle so I didn't think there would be a formal night but then I read the following in an NCL link from an email that they sent:

"DRESS FOR THE EVENT

Our newest event, Norwegian's Night Out, is the perfect opportunity to get dressed up for an evening of cocktails, fine dining and great entertainment. You may also want to pack an all-white ensemble for our iconic White Hot Party."

What are Night Out and White Hot Party? Are these events during dinner (so I'll need a suit and white outfit for dinner on these nights)? If so, do most people participate?

I'd greatly appreciate your observations/experiences, especially from those of you who have recently sailed POA.

Thanks, in advance.

Hawaii is a very casual environment. It is not unusual to see shorts/Hawaiian shirt combinations in some of the better restaurants in Waikiki. This carries over to the POA as well. Dressing up in Hawaii can mean replacing your shorts with linen pants. Bring a suit if you feel you must, but you will be in the minority.

Hello, I'm preparing for my first NCL cruise (Ignore signature. I need to update it as that NCL cruise was canceled, but forget how...lol). It's on Pride of America and departs this Saturday...cannot wait!

I am starting to think about packing. Should I pack anything other than casual clothes (like a suit)? I understand that NCL is freestyle so I didn't think there would be a formal night but then I read the following in an NCL link from an email that they sent:

"DRESS FOR THE EVENT

Our newest event, Norwegian's Night Out, is the perfect opportunity to get dressed up for an evening of cocktails, fine dining and great entertainment. You may also want to pack an all-white ensemble for our iconic White Hot Party."

What are Night Out and White Hot Party? Are these events during dinner (so I'll need a suit and white outfit for dinner on these nights)? If so, do most people participate?

I'd greatly appreciate your observations/experiences, especially from those of you who have recently sailed POA.

Thanks, in advance.

The Night Out and the White Hot Party are usually held mid to late evening. No special clothing is required. Just a chance to dance or watch people dance. There are usually as many people on the sidelines watching as there are on the dance. It is a fun time.

Hawaii has a DRESS CODE - well I'll be - Don't tell the natives the grass skirts are out and the penguin suits are in ! LOL !

Aloha shirts-Bermuda length shorts (pants) for guys and mumus- skirts and blouses

for women in just about everywhere on the POA except the most formal

dinning room (check with a Maitre d' or Concierge in advance). Typical like on

the ship NO Beach attire in any dinning room but cover up using the buffet.

Really pack light and don't pay the airlines extra for your excess !

Just remember to apply lots of (anti) sun tan lotion at this time of the year

when the sun is at its worst for burning. September prime month!

Norwegian's Night Out is the opportunity to dress up if you want to for dinner and the evening. The Captain was available for photos in the atruim if you want to do that. My DH and three twenty-something kids all wanted to get a little more dressed up so we did. No tuxes, just sports jackets for the men and dresses and skirts for us ladies. There was certainly a mix of dress on that evening.

One of my daughters brought a white outfit to wear to the white hot party. The social staff started wearing white tshirts in the evening to advertise the event. My DH and I ducked in for a few minutes, but my kids stayed and they said they had fun.

We dressed up a bit for the Chef's Table (khakis and a collared shirt for DH, a dress for me) but otherwise found ourselves far too tired in the evening to partake in other entertainment & events. Instead, we spent our energy fully enjoying the islands - with zero regrets! As others have said, Hawaii is very laid back so the only need for dressing up is if YOU want to. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Dresterj. We must be on the same cruise, but I haven't seen you on the roll call. Please consider coming to the meet and greet at 3:45 on Saturday in the Library.

Anyway, you asked a question I was wondering about, so thanks!

Cheryl

Hi Dresterj. We must be on the same cruise, but I haven't seen you on the roll call. Please consider coming to the meet and greet at 3:45 on Saturday in the Library.

Anyway, you asked a question I was wondering about, so thanks!

Cheryl

Thanks, I noticed the roll call when I first booked a year ago and intended to post but kept forgetting. I will try to show up for meet and greet. I need to check with the others in my party.