Mercury Inside Cabins

wittichk

I am thinking about going on the Mercury for a Mexican Riviera cruise next April. I am looking at an inside cabin categories 9 & 10. There are 4 inside cabins that are vertical inside of horizontal. Cabins 8074, 8082, 8088, & 8096. Has anyone ever stayed or been in any of these cabins before? I was just wondering how they are set up since they are laid out differently.

We were on the Mercury in May, in Cabin #1143 and 1137, and previously in Cabin 1049, My husband really loves the "sideways" cabins. Some posters here feel they are nosier, but we were up by the suites and never had a problem. Also, my BIL had 1137 and was much larger than ours.

It's nice, you walk in and your bed is on one side and the closets and bathroom on the other.

We almost always look for those types of cabins.

Hope this helps.

Some of the area is for crew only. There is one area that is somewhat like a kitchen for the suites. The Butlers prepare and arrange all the "extras" for all the suites on that floor. I know there is a crew elevator somewhere in that space, but we never were disturbed at all.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the info. Does anyone have any pics of these cabins...the layouts etc? I would be interested to see them if anyone has some!

I am interested in this cabin also. Does anyone have a picture of a sideways inside cabin on the Mercury?

My brother (wittichk) ended up booking one of this cabins for our Mercury cruise this past April. He was on deck 10 across from the penthouse suite I believe. I will have to check to see if we have pictures, but there was a lot of space, just missing a couch. There was also an extra closet. He really liked the cabin.

We've sailed on the Mercury a couple of times, the first time we chose cabin 8096, about which you were inquiring. The set up in the cabin is better than the other inside cabins, however, the room was extremely noisy beginning at about 4 AM every day. We finally found out that it is located right above the room service pantry (although we were not supposed to know this...one of the room service stewards finally told us...the hotel manager said he just couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from). It was so bad it actually shook the floor with every cupboard door that seemed to be slammed shut ...not just regular ship movement which usually quite soothing. They eventually moved us, appropriately. We liked the set up of the room as it made the room feel bigger, but couldn't bear the noise any longer. If you are a very sound sleeper, this room is for you. Midship...great location, great room set up. The headboard of the bed is against the wall to the left as you enter, the tv and shelving right as you come in the door. The dressing table or desk is against the wall directly in front of you as you walk in the door. The hallway to the closet and bathroom is to your right, a little tight with two people in this area, but remember the bathroom being of ample size. Sorry to make this so long...but wanted to describe it as fully as possible.

If you can spring for one of the family sized oceanview rooms located aft on the same deck, what a fabulous location. No need to pay the extra for a balcony as the entire back deck is always yours and yours alone.

We sailed in cabin 8074 for the 2004 New Year's cruise on the Mercury. Here is a link to the pictures I took of the cabin. Sorry, there aren't more, but I think you can get an idea of the layout as has been described.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QbNnDVy2aNew

It appears that you may have to paste this into your browser as for some reason it looks clickable bit isn't. Sorry

Archived