Liberty of the Seas cabin location questions

Friends and I are looking at grand suites, but are concerned with how much noise there will be from the pool deck above. I always like to be sandwiched in between decks with cabins so I don't hear noise from deck chairs. We have not decided on which cabin numbers to book because we don't know which ones will have the least noise from above. The problem is that most of us are light sleepers and hate to wear earplugs daily. The other issue is whether the cantilevered whirlpools will block the sun. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

I searched threads and reviews on all the Freedom class ships and did find some about cabins, but they don't go into detail. All stated no problem except for one so I guess everyone is a sound sleeper. The fact that there are not many threads about Liberty is also unusual. I am happy that a newer ship will take over the Bermuda itinerary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We've never been bothered by noise from above, but an occasional thump or scrape doesn't bother me.

Each deck is covered by the deck above, so sun is only early morning or late afternoon, whichever way you're facing. Plenty of ambient light, just not direct sun on any balcony.

With a GS, you are sort of limited as to area, since they are all forward!

Thanks. An occasional scrape or such is fine. Just don't want to hear excessive dragging before 7am. I am aware about the lack of full sun which is normal, but do the whirlpools give you permanent shade? Thanks again.

Edited by sauvichick

FWIW, I was also able to sit on the ledge of the hot tub, and wave to my wife relaxing on the balcony. That was kind of fun.

Thanks cigar king. Your name reminded us of the fact that there is a dedicated lounge for cigar smokers on the Liberty. It was a bit difficult lighting up on the Allure because you are outside. My husband and I enjoy some cigars while on vacation. I appreciate the info and I should stop spending too much time deciding on my cabin. Saying hi to your wife on the balcony from the whirlpool is great. I hope she took a picture. My new question is whether the starboard side faces the water in Bermuda. The Allure's port side actually faced water during each port.

Edited by sauvichick

No way to predict which side will face the water, depends on many factors.

What happened to the time when port side meant that? I am looking at the starboard side because I prefer a water view.

What happened to the time when port side meant that? I am looking at the starboard side because I prefer a water view.

Too many factors involved, but you have a much better chance of seeing a water view on the port side of Oasis and Allure. They prefer to dock on the starboard side.

I think the way the pool deck is situated there really are no deck chairs that would be dragged over the Grand Suites, when I think about those decks most of the furniture above the cabins would be chairs and tables and some loungers that are pretty much set and in the shade. Its always in the shade so people aren't really moving the furniture around.

If that is true that would be great. I spent hours looking for videos and photos of the pool deck. You reminded me that there are areas with "fixed" seating on deck 11. We are looking at cabin 1298 which is above/right to the sports pool. There are no cabins across the hall (probably crew only area)and we are close to both elevators.

Edited by sauvichick