Breeze 8/10-8/16: A death, a lost kid, and a Whole Lotta People....

I didn't care for Jimmy's C-side BBQ either, but I wanted to try it, so had to wait 30 minutes in line. Was so so. Both in what was available and in quality.

B.t.w there is nothing to drink, forcing you to buy soda. So if you are on the Breeze, the best thing is, that while 1 is standing in line, the other goes to the Lido to grab some drinks, if you don't want to buy soda. There was not even water. Don't know if it has changed.

Edited by Topo Gigio

After dinner, we passed by The Taste Bar (yes we just ate) and DH and DS simply couldn't pass up a good meatball!!! It was good advertising though, we wound up eating at the Italian place twice thanks to that little free meatball!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10628278_10152460079418113_6969250238755063857_n.jpg?oh=20db79815a1f949a60e6b84ba717ad0b&oe=54611CFB&__gda__=1416481668_4cc91b68d5f8b8898f9004a27b38a619

I'm a big dummy when it comes to this stuff, I can't figure it out. You wouldn't wanna do it for me would you...I'll be your best friend???:D:D:o:rolleyes:

Nice start to your review. I am a big dummy when it comes to computers myself at times;)

If I have a problem, I usually ask my kids to help me. Lol!

SECTION 4, BBQ and SUSHI:

The BBQ is just ok, nothing to write home about. We got there right at 12 when it opened because I had heard how long the lines can be. I didn't mind waiting 5 minutes, but I wouldn't wait much more for what they had. I make way better BBQ myself at home!!:p

Sushi: GREAT!! Worth the money, if you like sushi, go!!! AND FYI, one night they give it away for free at The Taste Bar, so if you aren't sure, try some for free!!;)

Day 3: Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I should start by saying I used to live there, and it really irks me when I hear SOOOO many people talk about how scary Jamaica is so they stay on the ship. You are missing the best port in the world, IMHO.

Jamaica is like any place else, if you go looking for trouble, you may find it. Use your head and you'll enjoy a beautiful island with amazing people and great food!! And if someone tries to hand you some weed (it happens), just say no thanks and hand it back, no big thing.

I should probably mention I don't do ship excursions, I book myself. You see better places that way, for way less money. Our stop this day was the beautiful Beaches Ocho Rios Resort which features Pirate Island Waterpark (one of only 3 waterparks on the island, the only one near Ocho Rios). For those of you that know Jamaica, this resort used to be called Boscobel Beach, and it is 100% made for you if you have kids!!

I booked by phone, they took my name, and I paid when I arrived, nothing up front. I should say that Day Passes are not common here, they do not advertise them, so you have to call, but it is so worth it. We were the only day pass that day, and they treated us like any other hotel guest. It was all inclusive, which means you can eat an drink til you pass out of that's your thing!! Your kids will love the waterpark, and so will you!!

Day passes were $100 per adult, $50 for kids. The taxi ride from port took about 15 minutes each way, for $60 plus tip round trip. I will give you more info about how to get a taxi in a bit.

I'm going to wrap up the Jamaica portion, then that will probably be it until tomorrow.

SECTION 5 or 6 NOT SURE, OCHO RIOS, JAMAICA:

Our favorite day of the cruise. Beaches is beautiful, everyone had a blast. I highly recommend this place to anyone with kids, you won't be sorry.

A tip on taxis in Jamaica: do not pay what they ask of you in the port. When you first exit the ship, you will see a bunch of uniformed ladies with clipboards hiring cars. They will tell you a set price; for where we went, they said $75 EACH WAY for three, that's $150 round trip. I paid $60 plus tip. How you ask...I will tell you.:cool:

Only a few companies are allowed inside the port gate, and then those companies corner the market and jack up the prices. Just walk outside the port gate about 10 feet, and on your left you will see a parking lot. Inside that lot are freelance taxi drivers that will give you a way lower rate, because they work for themselves, not the big port company.

My driver was named Garfield "The Cat" (his words, not mine). He quoted us $60 RT, and only asked for $20 up front, just so I'd know he was really coming back. He dropped us off, I told him to be back at 2:30 (that's 1:30 to him, remember the time difference!!). He was back at 2:15 btw!!:)

He then asked if we wanted to do some shopping, we did, so he took us to a little spot, then back to the port. He is pretty well known, so if you need a driver in Ocho Rios that won't rob you blind (and is VERY entertaining, especially around The Ladies), just walk to the gate and ask for Garfield "The Cat".

And if you tip him, he'll kiss you, yay!

Day 3: Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I should start by saying I used to live there, and it really irks me when I hear SOOOO many people talk about how scary Jamaica is so they stay on the ship. You are missing the best port in the world, IMHO. AGREED

Jamaica is like any place else, if you go looking for trouble, you may find it. Use your head and you'll enjoy a beautiful island with amazing people and great food!! And if someone tries to hand you some weed (it happens), just say no thanks and hand it back, no big thing.

I should probably mention I don't do ship excursions, I book myself. You see better places that way, for way less money. Our stop this day was the beautiful Beaches Ocho Rios Resort which features Pirate Island Waterpark (one of only 3 waterparks on the island, the only one near Ocho Rios). For those of you that know Jamaica, this resort used to be called Boscobel Beach, and it is 100% made for you if you have kids!!Went to Boscobel back in 1979 when I was 22. What a great trip. FYI,,, before it was Boscobel,, it was a Playboy Club.

I booked by phone, they took my name, and I paid when I arrived, nothing up front. I should say that Day Passes are not common here, they do not advertise them, so you have to call, but it is so worth it. We were the only day pass that day, and they treated us like any other hotel guest. It was all inclusive, which means you can eat an drink til you pass out of that's your thing!! Your kids will love the waterpark, and so will you!!

Day passes were $100 per adult, $50 for kids. The taxi ride from port took about 15 minutes each way, for $60 plus tip round trip. I will give you more info about how to get a taxi in a bit.

Enjoying the review so far

Edited by klfrodo

SECTION 6: POOLSIDE MOVIES

That night we went to the movie by the pool, they were showing Divergent. We like to sit one level above the pool on the big couches or soft, squishy chairs. They give you free popcorn, it's a good time!! The next night we went back and watched Captain America Winter Soldier. The other movies during the week were Grown Ups 2, Monument Men, Gravity, Frozen (a sing along, god help us), and Rio 2.

These movies got VERY crowded (especially Captain America), so if you are going and you want a good seat, I'd get there at least 30 minutes early to save your spot.