Flo Rider Freedom of Seas

They can be bad at times, depends on what else is going on. I was on FOS October 4th last year and did the Flowrider multiple times (both boogie and standing) and don't think I ever waited more than 10-15 minutes per go.

The best part is when you fall flat on your face and a bunch of people are watching :D

For stand up surfing, mornings are usually much better than afternoon when lines can get long. Port days are usually good too.

The shortest lines are during the advanced sessions that are usually the first hour of the day. The only requirement to participate in the advanced session is to be able to load yourself without assistance. Learning to load yourself is the best way to avoid lines.

I have done the flowrider both on FOS and Indy (as well as Allure which has two!).

As other posts mention, the lines are bit longer for the boogie boarding in the afternoon than surfing. Even the beginners surfing lines were short as people seem scared to try it-FYI self included!

If you know how to surf, than the advanced sessions will be very open. Especially early in the cruise. I tend to find people do not use the sports deck much until later in the cruise. Perhaps they are trying to work off all that food!

Considering Oct 5,2014 FOS cruise! 17yo son loves the Flo Rider. Are the lines really long?

It's been awhile since I've been on Freedom, but I have been on Allure twice. The lines will be a little longer on Freedom with only one Flowrider and at least they use to divide time between stand up surfing and boogie boarding. Sea Days the lines are frequently long and embarkation day they typically aren't that long as people explore the ship. Sometimes there are sessions when you are at dinner if he wants to go his own thing.

Perhaps they are trying to work off all that food!

I think some people, my self included, don't want to risk getting hurt early in the cruise and missing some of the cruise activities they have waited so long for. i know my first time on Freedom I waited till the last Sea day while noticing the walking wounded all week. Sure the lines were long, but it was fun to watch while waiting.

We are boarding this Sunday and both of my boys will be there as soon as the flowrider opens after embarkation. Usually this is the absolute lowest wait time, as many others are not aware, or don't have their suits, or did not do the waivers online.

The next will be the advanced stand up sessions in the early mornings. Early in the cruise, it's populated by hard core riders and as the week progresses, more people as they learn to self load.

The busiest times are when it's mid to late cruise, sea day, and the boogie board lines are really long. Stand up can only be done on a complete flowrider, so they only have one line loading, as opposed to putting up the barrier and having boogie boarding on both sides.

My older son is there every day, as long as possible. And this time, we're bringing our own board, which I just bought used and refinished. Hoping I did it right (Thanks Frank and Edna!!!) and they enjoy it.

I think some people, my self included, don't want to risk getting hurt early in the cruise and missing some of the cruise activities they have waited so long for. i know my first time on Freedom I waited till the last Sea day while noticing the walking wounded all week. Sure the lines were long, but it was fun to watch while waiting.

I have seen in about 25 days standing in the flowrider line almost the entire time it is open for stand-up and I have seen two injuries that we bad enough to cause the person to quit surfing. 1 was a woman who twisted her knee. I think she was looking for a reason to quit because her new husband was a flowrider savant. Another was a very strong athletic guy who had the board hit his ankle and it was bruised so bad the pain kept him off.

I think the chances of getting hurt are far less than a day in any port. My wife broke her foot walking back from Carlos and Charlies in Aruba in 2002. It was the first port of the trip. In 1996 she got her foot stuck in between two rocks while climbing the falls at Dunn River in Jamaica. She didn't break anything, but she severely twisted her ankle and bruised her foot. Again it was the first port stop.

Just sayin, the flowrider is safer than walking the streets in port.

jc