Just got email our cruise has been canceled

bunchesofun

Were you offered any kind of compensation?

I am not sure what year it was, but we were booked on Celebration out of Jacksonville and the cruise was cancelled.

We were already packing, so it was last minute.

But the good part was we were offered a cruise at half price.

It was not half off the fees, but it was half off the cruise itself.

I don't know if they still do that or if it is just for last minute cancellations.

We are getting $50pp on board credit. But the cruise is $100 more than what we were booked on.

We are getting $50pp on board credit. But the cruise is $100 more than what we were booked on.

When my Splendor cruise was canceled we also got the OBC, but the also offered to honor our rate for the same category on another cruise of the same length.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

When my Splendor cruise was canceled we also got the OBC, but the also offered to honor our rate for the same category on another cruise of the same length.

I thought that was how it was done. Carnival cancelled, so there should not be an increase, unless it was a category change.

There have been two ships in Baltimore at the same time in the past. I think it was due to weather or mechanical failure, not a regular schedule.

There has never, in the last six years at least, been two ships in Baltimore on the same day--the terminal and staff simply cannot accommodate that. RCI booked their dates while CCL was pitching a fit and Baltimore asked/made/required CCL to move their dates since they booked second.

I'm glad this is getting sorted out, but Baltimore has known about this problem for weeks (I messaged them two weeks ago and they said they were already working on it). I'm excited for the new schedules, I hope I can work out the vacation days for next Thanksgiving--I'd love to stop in Charleston instead of driving there.

Just rebooked on the October 4 sailing. They did not honour my original price.... Onboard credit covers the cost increase, and I guess I cover the airport change fee.

Bad luck for my first cruise, but I will make the best of it :)

There have been two ships in Baltimore at the same time in the past. I think it was due to weather or mechanical failure, not a regular schedule.

The cruise terminal in Baltimore can only accomodate one ship at a time. There is not enough pier space for two cruise ships at one time. If two cruise ships were in Baltimore at the same time in the past they were using another pier somewhere in the area but not the one at the cruise terminal.

So is there an explanation on this? We're sailing September 2015 and Carnival's website still has Sept available. As well as Oct 4

It's been posted a few times, but the terminal in Baltimore was double booked. Carnival normally does Sunday-Sunday, but RCI took a few Sundays when CCL wasn't sure they were coming back. Many of the double bookings are occurring in the fall, with a few others scattered in. Carnival had to make a few of their 7 day cruises, 8 days in order to accommodate the change.

I'm excited to see what the "big news for Baltimore" is tomorrow. I'm sure it's nothing, but new itineraries would be nice.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Just rebooked on the October 4 sailing. They did not honour my original price.... Onboard credit covers the cost increase, and I guess I cover the airport change fee.

You bought airfare already? I didnt know they sold it this far in advance?

Bill

Ask them about reimbursement for non-refundable expenses.

What airline takes reservations for over 400 days out?

You bought airfare already? I didnt know they sold it this far in advance?

Bill

My wife got home from work, I told her what happened, then asked her to call to fix the flights.

Her response..... “You can’t book a flight over a year in advance ill book them in October”, while giving me the you are dumb look.

Seems i'm the only person who did not know that.......

Good news no change fee :)

Bad news look dumb.....

Edited by CDNATSEA

We were supposed to cruise Oct 25, 2015 on the Pride and they are changing the itineraries so our cruise has been canceled. I just booked a Cabana last night too. This is the pits. Trying to get hold of my PVP and rebook.

Wow, really sorry this happened to you. I know I would be disappointed if my cruise was cancelled.

I hope you can find another cruise that fits your schedule.

My wife got home from work, I told her what happened, then asked her to call to fix the flights.

Her response..... “You can’t book a flight over a year in advance ill book them in October”, while giving me the you are dumb look.

Good news no change fee :) Bad news look dumb.....

Well at least you got the cruise part straightened out by yourself.

In my house, my lady is pretty hands-on when it comes to scheduling social events and vacation times. Of course I always get the last word......

"Yes, dear."

Edited by AdGuyMG

Good news no change fee :)

Bad news look dumb.....

As long as it didn't cost you any money. I usually look dumb and it cost me money so you are one up on me.:p

Bill

Some of the itineraries are already on the Carnival website

6 Day Bahamas

5 Day Bermuda

11 Day Southern Caribbean (Baltimore to San Juan)

10 Day Southern Caribbean (San Juan to Baltimore)

14 Day Eastern Caribbean

8 Day Eastern Caribbean

Edited by spencercoop

Just looked on the website. Looks like random 10 or so day ones plus 5 day ones coming to Baltimore. Saw a 14 day one for March 2016. Done a 10 day to PR with ac11 day leaving PR to come back to Bmore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some of the itineraries are already on the Carnival website

6 Day Bahamas

5 Day Bermuda

11 Day Southern Caribbean (Baltimore to San Juan)

10 Day Southern Caribbean (San Juan to Baltimore)

14 Day Eastern Caribbean

8 Day Eastern Caribbean

I like these options:).

They would not honor the rate. It's $100 more.

I just started a roll call for our cruise. Come join me!