Just got cabin assignment, have question

CricketCruiser

I couldn't believe it, I just read this chap's review of the Getaway, he paid for an Aft Balcony cabin and estimates it cost $800 more than the regular balcony? I know pricing for cabins isn't an exact science because so many variables go into it, when you purchase, what deck, etc., but $800?? Wow. I did get a really good deal. It also helps to cruise this time of year when the demand is lower.

Here's his review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2077644

I couldn't believe it, I just read this chap's review of the Getaway, he paid for an Aft Balcony cabin and estimates it cost $800 more than the regular balcony? I know pricing for cabins isn't an exact science because so many variables go into it, when you purchase, what deck, etc., but $800?? Wow. I did get a really good deal. It also helps to cruise this time of year when the demand is lower.

Here's his review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2077644

Have a nice trip. We'll wave to you hopefully unless Invest causes problems - still trying to figure out if we will get any impact but it should be past the Virgin Islands but wondering if it will affect our route out - I'm guessing to some extent. Safe sailing.

Oh, and glad to hear you will hopefully get a better price for the resort.

Have a nice trip. We'll wave to you hopefully unless Invest causes problems - still trying to figure out if we will get any impact but it should be past the Virgin Islands but wondering if it will affect our route out - I'm guessing to some extent. Safe sailing.

Oh, and glad to hear you will hopefully get a better price for the resort.

We're keeping an eye on Cristobal, I'm sure it will at least churn things up a bit, but I don't mind a rocky ride. Hopefully we'll still be able to stop at all our ports. I've been on 2 cruises scheduled to stop in Grand Cayman...I still haven't been there (maybe someday).

Now if I could just get to sleep...too excited about tomorrow, day 1 on the Getaway. :)

We're keeping an eye on Cristobal, I'm sure it will at least churn things up a bit, but I don't mind a rocky ride. Hopefully we'll still be able to stop at all our ports. I've been on 2 cruises scheduled to stop in Grand Cayman...I still haven't been there (maybe someday).

Now if I could just get to sleep...too excited about tomorrow, day 1 on the Getaway. :)

Bon Voyage!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...
Hello,

I purchased a guarantee balcony cabin about 3 weeks prior to 8/23 cruise on Getaway. I noticed today that my cabin assignment was showing up in my reservation - cabin #10314, it's an Aft lg. balcony. Considering I paid for an ocean view and got an upgrade, I think I did really well! The balcony looks amazing because of the clear glass. On our last cruise on the Constellation, we were in an Aft family type balcony with 2 rooms, but the balcony had solid material, so you had to stand up at the balcony to see the water. You couldn't just sit in a chair on the balcony and see the water. So, this will be really nice, I'm happy with our cabin assignment.

My question is this, our room looks a little smaller compared to other balcony cabins on the deck plans. Do they take space out of the room and then give it back to you on the balcony? Considering the small balconies on the Getaway, I think is this actually a good idea. It's a "B1". It also looks like the bed is closer to the balcony vs. having the desk/couch closer to the balcony, another perk in my opinion. I'm lov'n NCL so far!!

Does anyone have any comments regarding this aft balcony cabin and the regular balcony cabins? I appreciate your time.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-getaway-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=651&deck=10

Hi CricketCruiser were you happy with your aft balcony 10314 and were there loungers or were you able to get them?

Hi CricketCruiser were you happy with your aft balcony 10314 and were there loungers or were you able to get them?

This post is from last year & a quick click on the CricketCruiser's name shows they have not posted since then so you probably won't get an answer from them but maybe someone else can help.

This post is from last year & a quick click on the CricketCruiser's name shows they have not posted since then so you probably won't get an answer from them but maybe someone else can help.

I did research all of that and hoping someone else would have the answer.