Celebrity Xciting Deals - not so Xciting for solos?

ChiGal1962

I know single supplements tend to be a sore spot. I hear ya, I'm not a fan. Especially when they're at 200%. But this one just threw me.

The Xciting deals posted this week include two 14 night Holy Land cruises. Both showing $1,099 for a veranda, with a 200% supplement. Hate the supplement, but the price still isn't wretched. So for grins, I thought I'd explore a bit more. When you go into Celebrity to book, it shows the $1,099 for a veranda. When you change the # of people to 1, all of a sudden the price goes to $3,998.

Now, I work numbers for a living. And $3,998 is a 363% increase over $1,099 any which way you look at it. I've never seen this before. Could be a glitch, I suppose. I could call, but not a fan of their customer service.

Thoughts?

I know single supplements tend to be a sore spot. I hear ya, I'm not a fan. Especially when they're at 200%. But this one just threw me.

The Xciting deals posted this week include two 14 night Holy Land cruises. Both showing $1,099 for a veranda, with a 200% supplement. Hate the supplement, but the price still isn't wretched. So for grins, I thought I'd explore a bit more. When you go into Celebrity to book, it shows the $1,099 for a veranda. When you change the # of people to 1, all of a sudden the price goes to $3,998.

Now, I work numbers for a living. And $3,998 is a 363% increase over $1,099 any which way you look at it. I've never seen this before. Could be a glitch, I suppose. I could call, but not a fan of their customer service.

Thoughts?

I have seen this many times on Royal Caribbean, when I put one person, it was more then doubled.

Yes, that happens a lot on Celebrity. They don't make the best rates available to solos a lot of the time. BUT if there is a Tuesday Special on it that shows a 200% rate on a $1099 price, they should darn well honor it. I would try calling in if that happened and ask them to give you the advertised rate.

Thoughts?

I have seen this with pricing on Princess many times in the past. It has generally been 280% - 300% for solos. I no longer even bother to look at their itineraries. I can live with 200% if I have to as I understand the reasoning for it - their bottom line is based on double occupancy. However, I will not sail a line that tries to take advantage of solos and makes them pay more for a cabin than a couple in the same category.

I generally stick with Hal, which is my favorite line. I know it's not for everyone, but ss runs 150% - 200% and as I said, I can live with 200% if I have to.

Hope you find a good deal somewhere.......happy cruising!

Kate

Thoughts?

I would call Capt's Club..rather than the regular csr.....

Try this 800 760 0654.......see if someone there will help you.

Which cruise are you looking at? (date)?

I would call Capt's Club..rather than the regular csr.....

Try this 800 760 0654.......see if someone there will help you.

Which cruise are you looking at? (date)?

There were two cruises - both with October dates (4th and 18th, I think)? Wasn't actually ready to book, but wanted to start looking at what the options would be. Haven't had great luck when I've called before (inconsistent answers), but maybe going through the Captain's Club # would work out better. I'll try that next time I get into a quandary like this. Thanks.