Bermuda.... From Port Canaveral

spencercoop

Just curious, never been to Bermuda only Caribbean and Europe, is first of October safe to do then? Have vacation property at Myrtle Beach and its always subject to hurricanes during that timeframe. Love to cruise in middle of fall when crowds are lower, but have never cruised to this destination. The 8-day trip sounds great with plenty of rest on the return trip. The price on the Sunshine sounds very reasonable also compared to the Splendor pricing (which is almost sold out anyway). Would you expect any price reductions booking this far out? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

Just curious, never been to Bermuda only Caribbean and Europe, is first of October safe to do then? Have vacation property at Myrtle Beach and its always subject to hurricanes during that timeframe. Love to cruise in middle of fall when crowds are lower, but have never cruised to this destination. The 8-day trip sounds great with plenty of rest on the return trip. The price on the Sunshine sounds very reasonable also compared to the Splendor pricing (which is almost sold out anyway). Would you expect any price reductions booking this far out? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

It is pretty much as safe of the rest of hurricane season and CAN be absolutely glorious!! We have cruised to Bermuda a dozen times or so with several being in Oct. Weather is still wonderful but not as HOT, water is warm, etc. One time we made the run when a hurricane passed by Bermuda (Ophelia I believe, see my Miracle review) it was still pretty wonderful. October cruising to Bermuda?? Absolutely YES!

We have a place near Holden Beach about 35 miles North of Myrtle...October is a wonderful wonderful month in NC/SC...but there is always the threat of a hurricane...but as the month progresses and you get into November the threat lessens...I think Bermuda...sans any hurricane will be wonderful...and if there is one...well they will just take us somewhere else...after 20 years having a second property on the coast...I have learned to just try not to worry about it...and we have been very lucky so far....

For those who say "No way will I go to Bermuda in October!" what is the down side in your opinion? Is it the threat of a hurricane, is the water too cold? Are the shops locked up for the year?

I've only been there once (on Celebrity) and that was in late May and we loved it. What would be the difference between May and October?

We have a place near Holden Beach about 35 miles North of Myrtle...October is a wonderful wonderful month in NC/SC...but there is always the threat of a hurricane...but as the month progresses and you get into November the threat lessens...I think Bermuda...sans any hurricane will be wonderful...and if there is one...well they will just take us somewhere else...after 20 years having a second property on the coast...I have learned to just try not to worry about it...and we have been very lucky so far....

Yes I totally agree about the beaches that time of the year. I guess when you own the property you don't worry about the weather so much because you can come and go as you please. I just have a little more concern when I'm spending close to 3K for a vacation lol. But have put a balcony on hold for this trip, just making sure the husband can clear it with work. For anyone out there that has done this particular itinerary, did you experience any price drops along the way?

Thanks for the Miracle review (from cruisingnanny?) it was wonderful and helped in making my decision.:D

Thanks for the Miracle review (from cruisingnanny?) it was wonderful and helped in making my decision.:D

My Pleasure so glad you liked it! Bermuda is an incredibly beautiful island, you will love it!

Price drops on Bermuda cruises are far less likely than other itineraries but still check often, you never know.

As noted, I sailed to Bermuda on Glory on 10/16/12. The weather for the entire cruise was beautiful, warm and sunny. I spent my sea days parked in one of the big, round loungers in the front of the Serenity deck.

I think we had some fairly high swells on the first day returning, but it didn't bother me at all (on Conquest-class ships, I can't tell they're even moving; and I take Ginger Root capsules just in case).

The Splendor sailing is 10/23/15. I'm hoping for the same weather. My crystal ball can't quite see that far into the weather future. :p

Do some reading on the Bermuda board. People talk about the weather and water temps there, but, like other ports, it is going to vary. Yes, fall will probably be somewhat cooler than mid-summer!

As noted, I sailed to Bermuda on Glory on 10/16/12. The weather for the entire cruise was beautiful, warm and sunny. I spent my sea days parked in one of the big, round loungers in the front of the Serenity deck.

I think we had some fairly high swells on the first day returning, but it didn't bother me at all (on Conquest-class ships, I can't tell they're even moving; and I take Ginger Root capsules just in case).

The Splendor sailing is 10/23/15. I'm hoping for the same weather. My crystal ball can't quite see that far into the weather future. :p

Do some reading on the Bermuda board. People talk about the weather and water temps there, but, like other ports, it is going to vary. Yes, fall will probably be somewhat cooler than mid-summer!

Hello, fellow NC resident, just wondered if you booked your Bermuda cruise recently or further out? I had looked within the last months at that cruise but rooms were already booked up in the category we usually like (the L-shaped aft balcony). So when I read about the Sunshine doing this same itinerary ( 3-day Bermuda) I was excited to grab the cabin. I think weather will be fine like you stated but you never know. The price seemed really reasonable and we were on the Sunshine in Europe and loved it. Driving to Port Canaveral is something we have done repeatedly over the last 10 years (very doable for us). But I'm still curious about pricing for this itinerary, wondered if you noticed price increasing since you booked or any price drops? Thanks for any info., and I'm sure we will both have a great fall vacation in Bermuda :D