Shame on you Chip Romero!

Not with NCL reading this thread :)

I'm not sure if they have the time, it's gotten rather lengthy. But I hope they do. If they can weed through all the nonsense, personal agendas, etc., they will see that there are enough people who agree with me, that they should be alarmed. And they definitely are. But the rest is between myself, NCL and Mr. Romero. Thanks all for the input.

I'm not sure if they have the time, it's gotten rather lengthy. But I hope they do. If they can weed through all the nonsense, personal agendas, etc., they will see that there are enough people who agree with me, that they should be alarmed. And they definitely are. But the rest is between myself, NCL and Mr. Romero. Thanks all for the input.

In case they're reading... + 1 who does not agree with you.

Very silly

I have been reading this thread throughout it's long entirety and can see both sides.

I have reread the OP and the following line caught my eye:

There were not many kids in the audience and my son (usually quite shy) actually put his hand up. Mr. Romero asked him how old he was and he said 8 excitedly and attempted to go to the stage.

It does appear that your son may have misunderstood and attempted to go on stage when the magician asked him how old he was as the post does not state that he was actually invited to go on stage.

There does not appear to be any malice on the part of the magician, however, misunderstandings can inadvertently cause hurt.

As for the fun Forrest run, I had quote that line to my son in reference to him playing football. Simply put, Forrest ran fast. When I quoted it to my son, it was not meant in any terms related to the character's cognitive abilities. I just wanted him to run fast like Forrest.

Life is not black and white. How one person see's things may not be how another person sees it. Just because you're right doesn't automatically mean I'm wrong.

What is important is to be able to see things through other people's eyes.

Oh - somehow I think it's quite accurate. God help any school team coach who doesn't pick little tommy for their team, or play him, or play him long enough. Oh, and let's not forget the trophy ... "just because" :rolleyes:

Poor kid doesn't stand a chance.

Perfectly said!

A little confused here...at the beginning of this thread you say that your son is 8 yrs old and your nephew who is also 8 is the one who is autistic.

Yet..on a previous thread you state that your son has autism and is sensitive to noise.

#5 report.gif

post_old.gif April 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM

Cruisingwithtommy user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiseat50 viewpost.gif

Does your son have difficulty with crowds or noise? If so, I would highly recommend this if it's in your budget. I work at a school where one of the classes there are 8 autistic students and two of them are very sensitive to noise. This is a nice tranquil place that I'm sure he would love.

Yes, he can be overwhelmed with too much stimuli. The difference is a lot but the cruise is expensive anyway. Might be worth it to spend more and make it a great trip for everyone. His enjoyment is priceless! Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm swayed toward just going for it.

quote.gif

We saw Chip's show in May, and he actually had to send the child that he picked back to his seat. The kid was not doing anything that Chip had asked of him. I will try putting it nicely, the child was not very well behaved. He did do it tastefully though.

A little confused here...at the beginning of this thread you say that your son is 8 yrs old and your nephew who is also 8 is the one who is autistic.

Yet..on a previous thread you state that your son has autism and is sensitive to noise.

#5 report.gif

post_old.gif April 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM

Cruisingwithtommy user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiseat50 viewpost.gif

Does your son have difficulty with crowds or noise? If so, I would highly recommend this if it's in your budget. I work at a school where one of the classes there are 8 autistic students and two of them are very sensitive to noise. This is a nice tranquil place that I'm sure he would love.

Yes, he can be overwhelmed with too much stimuli. The difference is a lot but the cruise is expensive anyway. Might be worth it to spend more and make it a great trip for everyone. His enjoyment is priceless! Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm swayed toward just going for it.

quote.gif

I posted that on behalf of my cousin who is not on cruise critic.

You need to stop threatening people, ("he's gonna need one", why?) especially dangerous to do so in public and on a board that those involved have access to read.

Agreed. :rolleyes:

I sincerely apologize if that read as a threat. My meaning was just that sometimes when people have a bad day they need a drink. I don't see how that's dangerous or threatening but if that's how you perceived, then thank you for bringing it to my attention so I can clarify.

I can't imagine that happening. Maybe the butler just asked people to make room for the kid.

Apparently you didn't see the post. According to mom, the butler cleared everyone out of the elevator for little Tommy, and mom thought it was great! What Tommy wants, Tommy gets. If not, NCL gets a letter and someone better apologize. Under no circumstances can Tommy not get his way. Giant inflatable balls in the tiny pool? You bet! *SMH*

Edited by LrgPizza

I sincerely apologize if that read as a threat. My meaning was just that sometimes when people have a bad day they need a drink. I don't see how that's dangerous or threatening but if that's how you perceived, then thank you for bringing it to my attention so I can clarify.

I understood that to be your meaning. Why would he be having a bad day, if not for the inference that you had, or were going to, cause it?