What to do in Dominica?

keelann0604

Hi,

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to do in Dominica? Out of all the islands that we visited last time and is on the agenda this year this was our least favourite island and we have no current excursions booked.

There is nothing on the PO excursion list that ticks our box so I wondered if anyone has done any trips outside of p&o that you might recommend?

Any thoughts/suggestions most welcome ;)

Thanks

We booked a trip with a company called Bumpiing Tours, it was brilliant. Our guide was Levi a super bloke, we snorkeled on the champagne reef, sat in hot pools, visited the botanical gardens and more, all for about $50 each.

Molly

You really need to do a tour to see how beautiful Dominica is. My husband recommends the Champagne Reef snorkel - he's done it twice now and says it's really good. I've done a tour of the island with various stops - it really is very luscious and green once you get away from the port. It's not a place for beaches. So either go with one of the P&O trips or go with the recommendation above for an independent tour, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Hi,

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what to do in Dominica? Out of all the islands that we visited last time and is on the agenda this year this was our least favourite island and we have no current excursions booked.

There is nothing on the PO excursion list that ticks our box so I wondered if anyone has done any trips outside of p&o that you might recommend?

Thanks

Good morning Keeley

I would also suggest the Champagne Reef snorkel trip it is really good.

You will always be able to pick up a tour just as you disembark ship.

Hope you find something that suits you.

Pat Azura Nov 2014

Edited by HELEN HENRY

Hi,

Thanks

For an ad-rush and a grew day out http://www.extremedominica.com

Consider canyoning

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I agree you must do a tour as there isn't much going on at the port(whichever one you dock at) We also used Bumpling tours and had a great guide in Keenan who really knew his stuff. The Island is very green and thats not surprising as it has rained every time we have been!