Carnival Splendor 8/12/14 Review

cruisercathy

I tried the taste bar a couple of times on Conquest and once on Pride. Personally, I'd rather have the sushi bar, although it wasn't all that great.

I end up eating about 5 times a day! Never have any problem finding something. I might be better off it food wasn't quite so readily available. :o

LOL - me too! I'm going to miss the Sushi Bar on the Splendor. I don't really care if they do the 2.0 on the Splendor. I'd like to try a Guy's Burger, but not at the expense of the Mongolian Wok - my fav!

Well, I really liked the Pig Patty on Conquest. I think I had them 3 or 4 days. Yes, the closed at 6 (I think) and there were days when we'd return from an excursion and I'd stop in the cabin and drop my bag and run on up the stairs to get my burger.

What I really think I'll miss on Splendor is the Fish & Chips. I love them and I really love the little tuna & watermelon appetizer.

Oh well. I really doubt I'll go hungry!

OP - did you post the name of your headwaiter (I see the table #)? Did you enjoy your wait team enough that you would recommend them (pasta issue aside)?

Honestly our waiters were good, called us by name, but I could not tell you their names. The pasta issue was not the waiters fault......that was the kitchens......(chef). My other problem was......why don't they ask you if you want a drink first............

Our table was a table for 8 and they also had a table for like 12 or 14....not sure if they had smaller tables to wait on.

Oh gosh I am dying here.....I need to go on another cruise and I can't wait until January 2016 when we will be trying Celebrity.

OK, thanks. I know a lot of the service issues isn't the server's fault. I waited tables at one point in my life (personally think everyone should do that for a while so they understand how difficult it truly is to do it well!).

I've been known to request a waitstaff based on a glowing review. Unfortunately, the times I've asked, the waitstaff was either no longer on the ship or they were working YTD.