Must Eat Foods

abr5000

We never order room service... where else can I find this! Sounds SO good!!!

I order 2 shrimp salads, bread on the side. They buttered and toasted the French bread when I asked for it like that. Yummy!

I opt for potato salad instead of chips which usually are stale. With a side salad you've got a great lunch! The salad is so fresh!

Love the escargot in the MDR, not the Steakhouse version.

Crème brulee!

Fried Chicken in the MDR. We ordered separate items off the menu and then decided the chicken sounded good so we ordered it and put in the middle of the table for everybody to share. It was awesome. The burritos were excellent. I had both the shrimp and beef for lunch and loved them. Did them most everyday for lunch.

The Chicken Fajita from room service is pretty darn good too

Yes it is! I am sometimes wanting to try something else, but yet don't want to give up the great chicken Fajita! Uhhh what to do? I know I couldn't eat both sandwiches. Don't want to waste food...no fridges in OV's are there?? Maybe one could stay in there or in the ice bucket for a later snack. The shrimp roll and steak sandwich sound good too and I am not even a steak eater. I'm doing something different next time!

Yes it is! I am sometimes wanting to try something else, but yet don't want to give up the great chicken Fajita! Uhhh what to do? I know I couldn't eat both sandwiches. Don't want to waste food...no fridges in OV's are there?? Maybe one could stay in there or in the ice bucket for a later snack. The shrimp roll and steak sandwich sound good too and I am not even a steak eater. I'm doing something different next time!

I'm the same way. I always say that I am going to try something else but I always go back to the Chicken Fajita. We had a mini fridge in our ocean view cabin on the Pride

Love the cookies too, even the ones that maybe are called sugar. Question -where at night are the cookies located -main buffet, or some other service area. Thanks

Back of the lido by the aft pool & pizza area during the late night snack hours (11/11:30pm).

Oh! Almost forgot...

Pretty much the entire Indian Buffet. Killer!

Lindsey, what ship had an Indian Buffet? I will be Carnival Conquest in September and I love Indian food. Usually order the the first night in the dining room.

Chicken Diavolo at the seaday brunch - so good! A little spicy and very tasty.

Tuna sandwich on an english buffet from room service.

The cheesecake or chocolate cake from room service.

Most of the vegetarian options in the MDR (even though I'm not a vegetarian, I've found these to be pretty exceptional).

Just off Paradise, 17 of us, here are some of the favorites:

Hands down across the board for all ages: Bacon Mac and Cheese!

Close runner up: Chocolate Melting cake

Personal favorites:

Thai Marinated chicken fingers (son loved them!)

Short Ribs

Pork Chop

Fried Chicken from the everyday menu

Onion soup

Beef Barley

Veal Parmigiana

Pasta with seafood

Bitter and Blanc

Carrot Cake

Cheesecake.

On the buffet: Mongolian Wok, (but the lines were soooooo long)

Cheeseburgers

Reubens

There are a lot of people listing escargot as a must have dish/food, and I would like to try it but in my head I feel like I'm eating slugs...

Did anyone ever have such a mental block about a certain kind of food? What helped you to go ahead and try it even though you were kind of grossed out?

Can someone tell me what other food might be comparable (taste wise) to escargot? That might help me to get over this silly mental block about escargot.

Thanks for any and all replies!

There are a lot of people listing escargot as a must have dish/food, and I would like to try it but in my head I feel like I'm eating slugs...

Did anyone ever have such a mental block about a certain kind of food? What helped you to go ahead and try it even though you were kind of grossed out?

Can someone tell me what other food might be comparable (taste wise) to escargot? That might help me to get over this silly mental block about escargot.

You eat mushrooms? Closely related to the itchy crud between your toes or the black stuff that grows in the shower.

How about cheese? A pretty gross bacterial process. Especially blue cheese!

Escargot is to slugs what Morels are to athletes foot. LOL

Pop one in your mouth, you can always pop it out into your napkin. Don't die without having tried something so yummy. :)

You eat mushrooms? Closely related to the itchy crud between your toes or the black stuff that grows in the shower.

How about cheese? A pretty gross bacterial process. Especially blue cheese!

Escargot is to slugs what Morels are to athletes foot. LOL

Pop one in your mouth, you can always pop it out into your napkin. Don't die without having tried something so yummy. :)

:eek: Thanks for the comparisons! ...turning green, head is spinning, stomach is churning....I'll be fine in just a few minutes...where are those Tums? I just need to get the mental image outta my head..lol

I love mushrooms, and cheese, especially blue cheese! I can do this (escargot). But what are Morels?:D

They remind me of eating mushrooms (same consistancy) in butter and garlic. On the last few cruises Hubby shared one from his with someone at the table that wanted to try it and then they ordered it themselves. :)