Disney Magic 12 days Panama Canal vs Disney Fantasy 7 days WestCarribean?

sabvo

We were amazingly touched by our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy last year in September routing the Eastern Carribean. So this year we really want to go again!!!

We can't decide which cruise to take - any suggestions/pro-cons/recommandations?

1. Disney Fantasy - 7 days Western Carribean

Or

2. Disney Magic - 14 days Panama Canal route

I am just concearned, that after experiencing the Fantasy - I would be disappointed with the Magic (and that for 14 days) because it's not that big and new as the fantasy.. Any experiences???

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums

I'm a bit confused. Since the "duck tail" was added to the Magic, she is too big to go thru the Panama Canal--at least until the canal enlargement is completed.

That said, we did the canal on the Magic msny years ago; it was one of our favorite cruise vacations ever. We added a few days at Disneyland; our first time there after having been to the world many times.

I THINK you are looking at the Wonder. She is the only ship on the line still in much of the original configuration (yes, some areas have been enclosed in preparation for Alaska. She is the only ship where the beds can still divide--a plus for us. SHe is a grand lady and a lovely ship. No slick slide rides, no great high tech, no midship detective agency, but a grand ship. She is smaller, more intimate. And on 14 nights, you'll be blessed with fewer school age children.

14 night Wonder vs. 7 night Fantasy--I'd be on the Wonder.

We did the PC on the Wonder in 2012. It was a perfect vacation to me! We have only sailed on the Wonder and love her. I would love to do it again. It will be different than the Fantasy but that doesn't mean it has to be worse.;)

We've done 4 Disney cruises and I must say that the longer the cruise, the better!! Some like the 3, 4 or 7 day trips but with Disney in particular, it's just not long enough. I've done and 11 and 12 day--and had a much better time.

I vote PC on the Wonder. Totally different experience. After sailing the Dream and the Wonder, I prefer the Wonder for the smaller size. Even though I took my kids, less of everyone else's kids is better! I also like being on the ship so I would love the sea days.

If I could take that much time for work, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Not only is the Panama Canal absolutely fascinating, but the ports are better than the Western.

When we went on the Panama Canal cruise (with Disney), it was like being at home. I honestly don't like the Dream and Fantasy. I don't like the adult club area's layout as well as on the Magic and Wonder (and I especially LOVE the Wonder), everything seemed too crowded, too hectic and too long a walk to the room and back, lines were too long......being back on the Wonder or Magic is like heaven. Perfect size. And with a cruise as long as the PC cruises, you really get to feel as though you are a part of the whole experience, like a member of the DCL family. It really is awesome.

Not only is the Panama Canal absolutely fascinating, but the ports are better than the Western.

When we went on the Panama Canal cruise (with Disney), it was like being at home. I honestly don't like the Dream and Fantasy. I don't like the adult club area's layout as well as on the Magic and Wonder (and I especially LOVE the Wonder), everything seemed too crowded, too hectic and too long a walk to the room and back, lines were too long......being back on the Wonder or Magic is like heaven. Perfect size. And with a cruise as long as the PC cruises, you really get to feel as though you are a part of the whole experience, like a member of the DCL family. It really is awesome.

well said

Thanks so much for all your answers - really appreciate it! UnfortunAtely I waited too long and all the verandah rooms on the wonder are booked.. So fantasy it will be! Hopefully next year!!

Thanks so much for all your answers - really appreciate it! UnfortunAtely I waited too long and all the verandah rooms on the wonder are booked.. So fantasy it will be! Hopefully next year!!

So sorry about that, but you're right, you would definitely want a balcony room for a Panama Canal cruise.