2 Cribs/Pack N Plays in OV

luv2vacation12

Hello.

We've booked a cruise in October and it will be our first time cruising with our 16 month old triplets. In addition to the 5 of us, we are also bringing a nanny along to help us.

We've booked 2 OV cabins with a request for adjoining. The TA put in the request to have 1 crib in one room and the other would have 2 and said it would be no problem.

I noticed in looking at our reservation online on the Disney website that it didn't show a request for 2 cribs in the second room, so I called Disney. I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that they would put 2 in as she thought their wouldn't be space. She put me on hold and asked her supervisor who said Disney would put 1 in the room and we could bring one of our own.

Does anyone have experience with having 2 cribs in 1 room and pictures if possible?

Thank you for your time!

Hello.

We've booked a cruise in October and it will be our first time cruising with our 16 month old triplets. In addition to the 5 of us, we are also bringing a nanny along to help us.

We've booked 2 OV cabins with a request for adjoining. The TA put in the request to have 1 crib in one room and the other would have 2 and said it would be no problem.

I noticed in looking at our reservation online on the Disney website that it didn't show a request for 2 cribs in the second room, so I called Disney. I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that they would put 2 in as she thought their wouldn't be space. She put me on hold and asked her supervisor who said Disney would put 1 in the room and we could bring one of our own.

Does anyone have experience with having 2 cribs in 1 room and pictures if possible?

Thank you for your time!

I'm quite surprised that you were told that. I would think, with two infants, you would get two pack n plays. I'd suggest either you or your TA should call again and confirm this information. And ask to speak to the supervisor yourself, don't take the CM on the phone's word that they got the information from the supervisor. Sorry, but it's been demonstrated many times, if you call and ask 3 different CMs on the phone the same question, you'll likely get 3 different answers.

Personally, I'd have the TA call. They should be assisting you with travel issues, you shouldn't have to fight your battles yourself.

Just as a side note, it will be pretty cramped with 2 pack n plays, but I think they would fit. You will probably have to ask the room host to remove the table in front of the sofa and the stool from the desk. Alternatively, you could have bed rails put on the sofa bed, with one pack n play in front of it.

Edited by Shmoo here

I found a picture on the internet of 2 pack n plays in an cat 9 (oceanview) room:

5pq0zd.jpg

I didn't get to see this picture, but I used Google and Bing and only found a picture of an oceanview with two pack n plays, a father feeding twins....but it was on HAL. :confused:

I have to guess then, that it's not an issue with the number of people (babies are included in that number) booked in the room......

I have to agree though, that if you call DCL's info line, you're going to get many different answers.

But also, the number of Pack N Plays are limited, so it's good to be getting this settled far ahead of time.

You might want to change your reservation to book two connecting cabins as opposed to adjacent cabins.

You may have to switch categories. I would rather have connecting cabins with assigned cabin numbers from the beginning. That should be possible.

It seems right now that you have booked two guarantee cabins that may or may not be adjacent or connecting. That leaves a lot up to chance.

Getting confirmed connecting cabins at the time of your reservation would probably make your life, planning and the cruise a lot easier.

Maybe Shmoo here can chime in on this as she has a lot of good knowledge about Disney Cruise Line and is always very helpful.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful cruise.

soccer

If you have booked 2 OGT cabins, there is no assurance that they will be connecting, or even anywhere near each other. Unfortunately, an OCT is a final transaction--you can't change anything. I hope this booking works out for you. On the other hand, they DO make an effort to put parties with 2 cabins somewhere near each other because when they failed to do this in 2009, they had a ship full of complaints and people on the boards in advance arranging to trade cabins with each other. It was a total mess.

Just realize that you have agreed to accept any cabin on the ship of any oceanview or nicer category and you have absolutely no recourse if you don't like what you get.

If you have booked something like an 8GTY, be on the phone daily to ask if you can be placed in connecting cabins.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a picture but on our last Celebrity cruise, we had our nanny and three small children in an inside stateroom with two pack and plays. Our nanny and our son each had one of the twin beds and our twins slept in the pack and plays. In order to do this, we had to have one of our twins booked into our room. But no one cared where she actually slept. It wasn't really even all that cramped in the room.

They may be telling you to bring your own pack and play because of an official limit. Some hotels only officially allow one pack and play, too.