Question about Mexico Cruise Flight

twinkle toes

Sue,

Not sure what airport you are flying into, but if you book that 10:45 flight, also book yourself on a fully refundable afternoon flight. If it all goes well, you take the earlier flight and cancel the fully refundable one. If there is a delay and you miss the 10:45, you take the later flight and don't have to hassle the last minute scramble to find seats on a flight -any flight - going your way that day. Yes, you may end up paying more for that refundable seat, but it won't be any more than a walk up fare, and you won't be in a travel frazzle.

Edited by cherylandtk

I Well, it's the people who love out of town who take those flights, so they are the ones with actual experience to relate.:)

Yes! Real life experience. Yeah we know LA traffic sucks.

We have taken an early flight for 15 plus years. Never had a missed flight.

Where are all the people that have missed flights?

Truth is a 10:30 flight very doable if you leave the ship early enough and take a cab.

Sue,

Not sure what airport you are flying into, but if you book that 10:45 flight, also book yourself on a fully refundable afternoon flight. If it all goes well, you take the earlier flight and cancel the fully refundable one. If there is a delay and you miss the 10:45, you take the later flight and don't have to hassle the last minute scramble to find seats on a flight -any flight - going your way that day. Yes, you may end up paying more for that refundable seat, but it won't be any more than a walk up fare, and you won't be in a travel frazzle.

Very good advice!

As a southern CA resident I have to agree with the other SOCAL posters. You can do it but if just one thing goes wrong you are out of luck.

Adding to all the other possible problems, rain can also slow you down .... that is if we get any. But on the slight chance it may rain freeways slow down and there are lots of accidents. Fog as well slows things down.

I wouldn't do it. Too risky for me.

Edited by dfields1814

I live near LA and I know all the shortcuts and ways around snarled traffic I would NOT book a 10:45 departure following a cruise.

As a Southern Californian, I totally agree with that.

That said, we did make a 10:30 flight from LAX to San Diego once but our bags didn't make it. By the time we boarded (walking VERY fast to the gate), the bags were still in Never-Never Land with baggage handlers. We ended up having to wait for about 4 hrs. for them to be sent on a later flight. I would never book a flight that early again.