Spa Sales Push

karatemom2

You must've answered the pre-massage questionaire differently than I did.

I read on another thread about someone writing on the bottom of the form that they don't want to be sold anything. That's a great idea!

That was me and that is why they don't bother asking us.

Just write in, that you are not interested in purchasing any products.

Their pricing isn't too far out of line with what they charge around here. Maybe 10 percent higher for the same quality, which makes sense when you have a floating facility to haul around.

I agree the pricing is reasonable, but it's the pushy sales pitch that is unreasonable.

I usually told them before the treatment started that I came to enjoy a nice relaxing massage and that my budget allowed for the cost of the treatment and a tip, so I would not be purchasing any products. That usually prevented the sales pitch at the end and - I think - also ensured good a good massage since the tip was in question. Sometimes the treatment was even longer because they didn't have to allow time at the end for the product pitch. Now that the tip is included, I don't know how effective that approach will be.

I used to do two, sometimes three massages a cruise when they were much lower priced and without the sales pitches. The prices have now gone so high as to price me completely out of the market, and the push for ancillary product sales at the end is such a turn off, that I no longer use the spa services at all. I can get better priced massages locally, without the sales pitch, so why give the cruise lines the money!

Who's the loser here? Not me, as I still have plenty of things on a ship to help me relax and rejuvenate.

I have never gotten any spa services on a cruise. I have a wonderful massage therapist at home who is reasonably priced & is AMAZING at what she does. The prices on the ship are so high & I fear I'd be disappointed in the result.

Edited by patches05