where to eat on first day after boarding

Nina2014

We are booked on the Volendam for Sep 3. Our Flight arrives in Vancouver at 12.20 pm that day. We have booked the flight and transfer to ship thru' HAL.

I was nervous about tight timelines but HAL assures us that it will be enough time between airport and ship to board for departure at 5 pm.

I guess we will reach the ship around 2.30 pm?

What is the best place to have a late lunch that day? Will the Lido or "Dive in" be open? We will be starving since there's no food on the flight. Will we miss anything by arriving so late?

Any advice is much appreciated...

We are booked on the Volendam for Sep 3. Our Flight arrives in Vancouver at 12.20 pm that day. We have booked the flight and transfer to ship thru' HAL.

I was nervous about tight timelines but HAL assures us that it will be enough time between airport and ship to board for departure at 5 pm.

I guess we will reach the ship around 2.30 pm?

What is the best place to have a late lunch that day? Will the Lido or "Dive in" be open? We will be starving since there's no food on the flight. Will we miss anything by arriving so late?

Any advice is much appreciated...

You won't starve. The MDR will be closed but the Dive IN will be open. The Lido might be open - my memory is not the best, but I seem to recall the sandwich station and some other places open on embarkation day.

I agree about buying something. You're assuming everything will go smoothly and you'll be on the ship in the early afternoon. I've seen a few times when boarding was delayed (for various reasons), and you get stuck in the terminal waiting. Even if it's just a protein bar or something, make sure you're prepared so you don't have to go too long without food (that makes me very cranky).