How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

Yikes! I hope this is not the norm. I am less than 3 weeks out and no assignment yet. Not hoping for an upgrade, but just want to know where we'll be.

Rule of thumb, the closer it gets to sailing date the better your chances at a decent cabin. But of couse we all nothing is written in stone, so I hope you did get a good cabin. We are booked gty for our Oct sailing.

We booked our Getaway cruise for January 2016 at 11 months out. We got our cabin assignment at 10 months out. The cabin location is fine with us and we have no intention of rebooking. The cabin price has gone up $450 for an unassigned cabin since we booked.

We booked our Getaway cruise for January 2016 at 11 months out. We got our cabin assignment at 10 months out. The cabin location is fine with us and we have no intention of rebooking. The cabin price has gone up $450 for an unassigned cabin since we booked.

Had you paid in full before your assignment?

Had you paid in full before your assignment?

No, final payment is not due until October. We just got an unbelievable good deal, and don't see me changing my booking to lose the deal.

No, final payment is not due until October. We just got an unbelievable good deal, and don't see me changing my booking to lose the deal.

Do you mind my asking what you booked and what you got? I've never gone the GTY route, and I'm starting to second guess giving up our BA mid-ship balcony for an MB mid-ship mini suite GTY. Paid a little more, but hoping to get lucky.

Do you mind my asking what you booked and what you got? I've never gone the GTY route, and I'm starting to second guess giving up our BA mid-ship balcony for an MB mid-ship mini suite GTY. Paid a little more, but hoping to get lucky.

Sure: We booked a Balcony BX and received a category BD on deck 10 forward. Our cabin is on the port side (can view the fireworks show from balcony) and we have cabins below and above our cabin. We have cruise many times in forward cabins and they are fine by us.

We started out with IE. When I noticed a price drop for our category after the final deadline period hit, I got the TA to call and we got bumped up to IA. After (a very small) second price drop the TA called again and we were given the offer of upgrading to OX for $44 per person, which we took. So far it's been a good deal for us because we qualified for the Freestyle promotion and opted for the UBP and UDP. Until today we didn't qualify for either with our Inside Cabin. It's only 24 days to the cruise and there's actually very little left in the OV category. Hopefully things will turn out ok with the room assignment. Either way it feels very nice that are finally able to qualify the Freestyle promotion.

True to form NCL assigned our OX stateroom for our cruise which is 24 days away between 24-48hrs of us upselling to OX. We ended up getting a Deck 5 Category OC stateroom with a picture window. It's slightly forward just by a handful of stateroom (was hoping for midship). Overall we're very happy with this. We started off in IE and with a combo of upgrades and 1 upsell (initiated by us) we ended up in an OC room and with the freestyle package for pretty much the same price we paid for the initial IE. But is there anyway to figure out if the picture window is obstructed?

In doing a mock booking for our Thanksgiving Escape cruise, I saw that all of the mini-suite categories above our MB GTY(M1-M6, MA-MB)are sold out. M9 isn't an option as we are four in our cabin and they supposedly only hold 3. I'm guessing the Family suites are all booked by families, since it will be Thanksgiving week. Does anyone on here have any thoughts as to where NCL might assign us? :confused:

In doing a mock booking for our Thanksgiving Escape cruise, I saw that all of the mini-suite categories above our MB GTY(M1-M6, MA-MB)are sold out. M9 isn't an option as we are four in our cabin and they supposedly only hold 3. I'm guessing the Family suites are all booked by families, since it will be Thanksgiving week. Does anyone on here have any thoughts as to where NCL might assign us? :confused:

Logged into MyNCL today and was pleasantly surprised to have been assigned mid-ship mini-suite 12202...and we are 193 days out :D. Can NCL still change it, or are we good to go now? Also final payment not due until late August.

Edited by kismet618

Things change every day in this industry, with people and travel agents canceling or rescheduling or changing cabins. Also, missed payment deadlines free up numerous cabins in all categories. Keep checking. There's really no way to know where you'll be assigned. I learned that sometimes the cruiseline reps are creative and if you find the right one, schmooze a little in a friendly inquisitive way, you could end up with a winner of a cabin assignment.

• 3 weeks later...

We got our assignment 120 days out for our September getaway cruise (BX to BD aft). Fine by me!