Self disembark or not on Allure

We usually do self disembark because we usually have early flights. This time our flight is 11:30. Allure is due back into Ft. Lauderdale at 6:15. Would we have plenty of time if we don't do self disembark or should we walk off ourselves with our luggage.

Edited by lauren0309

We usually do self disembark because we usually have early flights. This time our flight is 11:30. Allure is due back into Ft. Lauderdale at 6:15. Would we have plenty of time if we don't do self disembark or should we walk off ourselves with our luggage.

If you get an early luggage tag, no later than 9am, you should have ample time.

We did luggage valet service, free to those in suites and $20 per person for all others.

Suite cases leave the night before 11pm. Service for select airlines and flight must leave after 11:30 FLL.

We were permitted to leave at 8am with our carryons. Thru customs, cab, airport thru TSA and waiting in chair at airport waiting gate all under 45 min.:eek:

You will have ample time if you do luggage valet.

You will have a lot of time if you get an early tag.

Does your carrier have luggage valet program with RCI?

We fly United.

Sea Ya

From my experience on the Allure/Oasis, self assist is the best way to go, no matter what the time, as long as your party can handle all your luggage. The only time we've ever had a problem with collecting our luggage has been on this class of ship -- there is just an incredible amount of luggage. It's so much easier just to roll your luggage off yourself!

From my experience on the Allure/Oasis, self assist is the best way to go, no matter what the time, as long as your party can handle all your luggage. The only time we've ever had a problem with collecting our luggage has been on this class of ship -- there is just an incredible amount of luggage. It's so much easier just to roll your luggage off yourself!

Totally agree with your point, we always carry our luggage off and we know it will not be lost.

We also always carry our luggage off.

We have a 10:15 AM flight out of FLL, will we make it?

You should make it, as long as you do self-assist disembarkation and don't have any delays with arrival or customs. Take a taxi, don't wait for a shared shuttle.

klfhngr,

I can only presume that you are a seasoned cruiser and know the ins and outs of such an early flight.

You don't say which ship or which date but you should prepare a back up plan just in case.

Good luck!

The signature says Allure, which is why I thought the early flight was reasonable.

Thanks y'all! Yes, on Allure... Yes to seasoned.. but never been on Oasis class ships.... I guess we'll self debark and jump on a cab.

thanks again!

Barring anything unusual, you will be fine. We do a 10:45 flight and the only time I was worried was when we didn't get off before the first wave of people who didn't self-disembark, and that was also when the government was shut down so there weren't as many customs people clearing us.

Next time we all agreed we would make sure we get off before the first group of non-self-disembarkers. So many extra try to jump in on that group, and you get clogged in the line.

We just rolled our own luggage. Here is a tip you might want to know. We got to the airport pretty early. We were going to Detroit. We checked our luggage in I think at the curb. Then we asked if we could take an earlier flight which they had room. But because we checked in our luggage already they wouldn't let us on the plane. Otherwise, your luggage has to travel with you when flying.

Thanks y'all! Yes, on Allure... Yes to seasoned.. but never been on Oasis class ships.... I guess we'll self debark and jump on a cab.

thanks again!

Cool, sounds like the 10:40am flight I'm looking at should work well for us (Oasis, March '15). Of course, I should know this, because this will be our 4th Oasis-class sailing, and I think we've always done self-disembark, always off the ship and to the airport with waaay too much time to spare. ;)