Crown Princess in Astoria

jamesnnb

On our upcoming CA Coastal Cruise (out of Vancouver), we stop in Astoria, Oregon. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the port to town? We know there is a small Historic Trolley -- but from its size, it looks like they would fill up fairly quickly. So we wondered if there is another means of transportation other than one's 'feet'?

I believe where you port is close to the Maritime museum and the main street is across from that..the trolley taking you all along it. It is then a short walk across to main.

I loved in Portland and went there all the time. Not sure now with cruises if they have cabs but it might be trolly or rent a car and if your legs are ok you will be close. Now I do not know what they have built for the port and it has been 7 years..so I am only one incomplete answer here keep researching. I hope you love your cruise and the NW...sarah

Edited by sjn911

I know you didn't ask :) but I highly recommend the Princess excursion to Mount St. Helens, especially if you are old enough to remember the eruption. It's a long but scenic drive to/from. Once you get there the scenery is other worldly. You just can't imagine the magnitude of the devastation until you see it with your own eyes. We were there in the May 2012 right before the 30th anniversary of the eruption and shortly after the new visitors center opened -- it too is spectacular.

On our upcoming CA Coastal Cruise (out of Vancouver), we stop in Astoria, Oregon. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the port to town? We know there is a small Historic Trolley -- but from its size, it looks like they would fill up fairly quickly. So we wondered if there is another means of transportation other than one's 'feet'?

Head over to the California Coastal/Pacific Northwest forum here on Cruise Critic (link below) and type "Astoria" in the search function. You'll see a number of great threads on Astoria including various forms of transportation and tour ideas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226

I know you didn't ask :) but I highly recommend the Princess excursion to Mount St. Helens, especially if you are old enough to remember the eruption. It's a long but scenic drive to/from. Once you get there the scenery is other worldly. You just can't imagine the magnitude of the devastation until you see it with your own eyes. We were there in the May 2012 right before the 30th anniversary of the eruption and shortly after the new visitors center opened -- it too is spectacular.

Thanks for recommending. Last year's fall coastal wine cruise on the Sapphire missed Astoria, due to rough seas. I was so disappointed to miss the tour to Mount St. Helens. I hope to go another time.

Thanks again.

I believe where you port is close to the Maritime museum and the main street is across from that..the trolley taking you all along it. It is then a short walk across to main.

I loved in Portland and went there all the time. Not sure now with cruises if they have cabs but it might be trolly or rent a car and if your legs are ok you will be close. Now I do not know what they have built for the port and it has been 7 years..so I am only one incomplete answer here keep researching. I hope you love your cruise and the NW...sarah

Now there's a quote: "I loved in Portland and went there all the time.". A great thought:). Thanks :)