Victory cruise price

Cruisin 4 Ever

I just got another price drop for my cruise. Final payment is due on Thursday. I can't believe I have a balcony cruise 8B 5 nights going to great ports for 329 pp. Wow, what a great deal.

I just made final payment so I will check again over hte next 2 days and maybe I"ll even get some OBC!

We're on the same ship and itinerary with balcony at $329 and couldn't believe it either. We made final payment a couple of weeks ago and have had 2 price drops since then. Hoping the drops continue up until our cruise date...

Yea, I saw the price drops too. I booked Early Saver and was told I couldn't get any OBCs due to booking Early Saver and already having made my final payment. Ive called twice.....Pissed!!! I will never book Early Saver again!

Yea, I saw the price drops too. I booked Early Saver and was told I couldn't get any OBCs due to booking Early Saver and already having made my final payment. Ive called twice.....Pissed!!! I will never book Early Saver again!

We're Early Saver too, we were told we could get price drops after final payment up to 2 days before we cruise... You may need to call back and speak with another representative.

Call again, we always get OBC when booked Early Saver.

Maybe the rep that you spoke with was new?

Or try online yourself http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Barry

I just got another price drop for my cruise. Final payment is due on Thursday. I can't believe I have a balcony cruise 8B 5 nights going to great ports for 329 pp. Wow, what a great deal.

I just made final payment so I will check again over hte next 2 days and maybe I"ll even get some OBC!

How do you get a price drop?

Does it just happen or you have to call?

I've had my final payment done for a month now.

that is wrong info. The whole reason for booking early saver is to get the price drops right up to a few days before the cruise. We booked a different rate so we only get the price drops until final payment. If you have paid in full then you get the $$ difference in OBC

How do you get a price drop?

Does it just happen or you have to call?

I've had my final payment done for a month now.

TO get price drops the timing depends on the fare type you purchased. All fares honour price drops until final payment is due. If you booked Early saver, you are entitled to price drops until 2 days before sailing. If you have paid in full you get the difference in an on board credit.

You have to check yourself for price drops. I usually check every day or two by doing a mock booking to see what the price is. As soon as you notice the price go down on your same category, call and they will credit your account the difference.

That makes absolutely no sense. Early Saver gets price drops until 2 days before sailing. Either you're not booked Early Saver, or you've been given some very wrong info.

Edited by irishnyc

Ok, so I called back for clarification. I was told that I am eligible for OBCs. However, I would have to give up my cabin that I selected, which is on the Empress deck and be assigned a cabin when I arrive. I don't think im willing to risk ending up in a crappy location for the credits. Is this the case with you all as well???

Ok, so I called back for clarification. I was told that I am eligible for OBCs. However, I would have to give up my cabin that I selected, which is on the Empress deck and be assigned a cabin when I arrive. I don't think im willing to risk ending up in a crappy location for the credits. Is this the case with you all as well???

That's wrong too unless you booked the category that has carnival choose your balcony. If I were you I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor as you are getting staff who really don't know what they are talking about.

That's wrong too unless you booked the category that has carnival choose your balcony. If I were you I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor as you are getting staff who really don't know what they are talking about.

The rate for a balcony where you pick what cabin you are in is $529. There is a super saver rate of $329 and a resident rate of $309 which are both guarantees where Carnival picks your room.

Sounds like the info she was given is correct.

Previously CCL would not even let you price match to guarantees. i have seen numerous post the last month or so where they have been allowing it.

Bill

Good for you! We are booked on the Victory in January and haven't seen a single price drop since we booked in February. With the Victory being one of the ships that hasn't been upgraded yet, I honestly thought we might get an ES price drop.... but now not so sure.