!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

We then headed inside and checked out the Black and White Lounge. This was the first time I went there. It was a spectacular space! There was a crew member there setting up for a jewelry event. He tried to persuade my mom to stay there for it.

This lounge is utilized for most events at night, and it is a perfect setting for pretty much anything. But here is the problem with this space, well actually the problem is not with the space itself. Unlike every other cruise I have been on. MSC only has one event each night. You can check the Daily I posted to verify what I am saying. By doing this MSC creates 1 very chaotic event! Let's take for example Karaoke night… It was packed to the gills! Even if you manage to find a nice spot, like my family did once, there are so many people there than most of them have to stand. The people standing block the view for the ones who went there early and took all nice seats. And then there are the children, this is at 10:45 pm, you think that most kids would be sleeping by then. However, now they are screaming and running everywhere, on the dance floor jumping and whatnot. This was not an enjoyable event, each night we attempted to attend an event there, we ended up leaving within 10 minutes.

I think this all falls on the cruise director. How is it that there is only one event per night? Every other cruise line has multiple events, thinning out the masses and making the ship comfortable for everyone. Events like this make the ship feel very crowded! There was also only on karaoke event during the entire cruise and we could not even enjoy it.

So yeah, this lounge is absolutely phenomenal, but it is not being utilized in the best manner.

Day3MSCDivina-64_zps270044d3.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-65_zps42153778.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-66_zps8d3a82d1.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-67_zps3ed5f350.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-68_zpse3b04906.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-69_zpsf93fb1d5.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-77_zpsa079f3a8.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-78_zps7af3865e.jpg

My uncle is so funny, whenever he goes to take a picture, he starts dancing or singing. We all yell at him telling him that it is not video, and if he moves the pictures come out blurry, lol. He does not care. He keeps on doing it anyway and then he finds himself deleting a bunch of blurry pictures. He was just having a great time :D.

We kept on walking toward the MSC Logo Shop. My mom had her eyes set on those shoes and since the day before they did not have her size she was hoping that they brought more shoes out. Plus, she was hoping that the shoes had anti-slip material in the sole... Ummm, yeah that was not the case :D

Here are a few of the pictures I took on the way to the logo shop

Day3MSCDivina-80_zpsa0e0afff.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-80_zpsa0e0afff.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-105_zpsc40bfb86.jpg

I ended up getting a Baileys coffee, it was a little bit too sweet for me, but my aunt loved it so I gave it to her.

Day3MSCDivina-106_zpse56737d7.jpg

After some time my mom managed to find a pair of shoes from the logo shop. The employee there was not the easiest to work with. He had a rough personality. But finally he agreed to check back inventory and found a pair in the back room that fits my mom. She was really happy with her purchase, if I recall correctly, they were $35, but don’t quote me on that.

Day3MSCDivina-107_zps4f156848.jpg

They gave her a really nice bag. I wonder what happened to that bag.

Day3MSCDivina-108_zps62b648a1.jpg

We then went up to the room and got changed into our bathing suits. While we were there they dropped off another set of fruits, I kind of wished they dropped off another bottle of Asti instead :D

Day3MSCDivina-113_zps4c1e7e82.jpg

We left the room and headed towards our designated Jacuzzi area.

Day3MSCDivina-114_zpsa530e8e4.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-115_zpsec8feb52.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-116_zps858d78e4.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-117_zpsbb3c6b5e.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-118_zpscab7ce66.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-119_zpsfad752d9.jpg

The view from up there is not the best because of the high dark glass, but it is a really nice quiet area.

Day3MSCDivina-120_zps7abb744d.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-121_zps960b3cc2.jpg

Mom’s new shoes. I hope they are not slippery, for our next cruise I am going to order anti-slip shoes and flip-flops for her.

Day3MSCDivina-122_zpsf1dd3df0.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-125_zps919c4aed.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-126_zps0d843cab.jpg

We spent some time there, my uncle left on one of his journeys. Since we had failed to see the gold by the inch the day before, my mom just wanted to give it another try. After the fiasco the day before, I was not going to let her go there alone. So I went with them.

Day3MSCDivina-127_zpsa2b4b89c.jpg

I am not entirely sure were my uncle was, lol.

Day3MSCDivina-128_zps0a2867ea.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-129_zps6b9313f6.jpg

It was around lunchtime so we decided to head to the room and wait for my uncle to go eat lunch.

Notice all the wet floor signs! How about you address the root of the problem instead!

Day3MSCDivina-142_zpsfa3fca25.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-143_zps1c9e3ac7.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-146_zps119eb5a3.jpg

That pool was packed!!! Lots of people having a great time!

Day3MSCDivina-147_zps4142b2a0.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-149_zpsb3b969b9.jpg

On the first day in the spa I asked for the price list for the spa, I was told that it would be in my room. But I never found it there, maybe I was not looking in the right place?

But I found it in a little setup area outside the indoor pool.

Day3MSCDivina-150_zpseba9010e.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-151_zps05ad5668.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-152_zps73b1acf2.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-153_zpsdcb8e304.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-154_zpseac7c67a.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-168_zpsf6eab209.jpg

We got to the room and my uncle was not there, but he had brought a big plate with what he called “Sobre Vuelo”. Allow me to explain, that term is the Spanish meaning of a Fly by. I cannot tell you how many “sobre vuelos” my uncle did on that cruise. I think he knew that buffet inside out. As a matter of fact, I missed the last day brunch but he did not :D. I guess it pays to do sobre vuelos as often as possible :D

I was starving so I took one of the croissant.

Day3MSCDivina-173_zps4c0b5b68.jpg

I was also sporting my new hat.

Day3MSCDivina-170_zps9b545425.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-175_zpsb3038425.jpg

We waited for sometime, but I was starving so we decided to leave him a note on the door and head out for lunch. So I wrote a note and placed it in the door, I went back into the room to pick up my stuff and went to head out when I saw that the note was missing. We all immediately assumed that maybe one kid took the note, it never crossed our minds that maybe he had taken it. So I wrote another note and placed it on the bed.

Day3MSCDivina-176_zps6bf4d081.jpg

On the way to the main dining room, I stopped at the steakhouse and took some pictures.

Day3MSCDivina-178_zpsc2fe8151.jpg

Day3MSCDivina-179_zpsd1f0ca76.jpg

I loved the artwork in that area.

Day3MSCDivina-180_zpsc689a851.jpg

That is a very nice gesture that you do with your mom's picture, God bless you :)

I am actually very interested in reading the safety issues about Divina that you're going to post. Do you know around when you plan on posting them?

In regards to your Mom's fall, the area should be looked at, but lets be honest we all have, or have had elderly parents, and they do trip/fall! Thankfully your Mom wasn't hurt seriously, and we are happy to hear she is doing well!:)

The Divina and MSC are the only cruise line in the America's that haven't had any serious outbreaks of disease,(clean ships) and any serious reported crimes, while 'all' the other major cruise lines have! This is from the Coast Guard and CDC which both cover cruise lines in America!

That being said, improvements can always be made!

Edited by American Bear

Thank you following me and I am glad you're enjoying the review. I am a strong believer that we all cruise for different reasons. The world would be one boring place if we were all the same, not to mention that we would have very crowded areas on the ship. Don't you think so?

As far as specifics? I can think of over 50, right off the bat. But I guess all my other reviews have details on what I enjoy the most ;)

Yep thats very true.