!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

In regards to your Mom's fall, the area should be looked at, but lets be honest we all have, or have had elderly parents, and they do trip/fall! Thankfully your Mom wasn't hurt seriously, and we are happy to hear she is doing well!:)

The Divina and MSC are the only cruise line in the America's that haven't had any serious outbreaks of disease,(clean ships) and any serious reported crimes, while 'all' the other major cruise lines have! This is from the Coast Guard and CDC which both cover cruise lines in America!

That being said, improvements can always be made!

My guess his mother is under 60, which in my book is not elderly. A fall can happen any age, wet is wet and falls happen, it sounds like his mom is ok, thank goodness...someone should investigate the fall, but fact is his mom could and should have waited for office hours since she did not have a life threatening illness....the attitude is another issue, would Gambbe be happy with an emergency fee but a good attitude.

My guess his mother is under 60, which in my book is not elderly. A fall can happen any age, wet is wet and falls happen, it sounds like his mom is ok, thank goodness...someone should investigate the fall, but fact is his mom could and should have waited for office hours since she did not have a life threatening illness....the attitude is another issue, would Gambbe be happy with an emergency fee but a good attitude.

Well I've lost a lot of friends over the years under 60, so to each their own!

Gambbe sounds like he loves his Mom very much, and was just very concerned!

An important lesson can be learned by all cruisers, decks near pools on cruise ships are slippery!

The Divina's last CDC inspection was in January and she scored a 94. :)

That may be true, but the facts are the Divina, and MSC are the only major cruise line sailing out of the US that hasn't had an outbreak of disease (noroviruses, etc), or had any violent crimes reported!(rapes, assaults, etc.)

Just my opinion, but maybe if the other cruise lines did such a good job of 'continuous' cleaning like you see on the Divina, instead of just cleaning for an inspection, they wouldn't have repetitive outbreaks of disease!

You missed a pair of boobs on that top one, Gambee.

And now i'm seeing them everywhere...is it me, or does that light fixture look like it's made of breast implants? They should've called this ship the MSC Mammaria!

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type!

That may be true, but the facts are the Divina, and MSC are the only major cruise line sailing out of the US that hasn't had an outbreak of disease (noroviruses, etc), or had any violent crimes reported!(rapes, assaults, etc.)

Just my opinion, but maybe if the other cruise lines did such a good job of 'continuous' cleaning like you see on the Divina, instead of just cleaning for an inspection, they wouldn't have repetitive outbreaks of disease!

Exactly American!!! Divina under went a USBH inspection while we were in port in San Juan on Wednesday. Divina scored a 96 out of a possible 100!!! Every crew member does a deep cleaning of everything each night before arriving to an American port because they never know when there might be a surprise inspection. To add to this,,,there are hand sanitizers in front of every dining venue, as well as a crew member squirting some on the hands of every passenger returning back to the boat from a shore excursion.

I have always loved reading your cruise reviews! I only cruised on Carnival but after your reviews ... It makes me rethink to try others cruise lines. Thank you for your awesome dedication bringing us along on your cruises and your photos are fabulous!!

Loving your review, once again, Gambee! I am not planning another vacation for a while ( land or cruise) as our oldest is applying to college this year, but I just had to read your review and look at your pics. Thanks for all the time you put in writing these. I wrote a small bit about our trip and I never fully realized what went into it--it took days for a mere 3 pages! My daughter isn't the biggest cruise fan (too many strangers for her liking), but once she saw all of your Nutella pictures-she wanted to know when we could get on that ship! LOL

Lisa

An important lesson can be learned by all cruisers, decks near pools on cruise ships are slippery!

Exactly, I have slipped on some of Royals and Celebrity pool decks and I wasnt even drunk officer. :) . Pool decks are a parasite for slippage of any age. My Last Indy trip was a bad one by the hottubs in the solarium older lady cut her head. Anywhere there is water on the floor is dangerous, there is no way to keep up with it on the pool deck area, as everyone is going in and out of the pools walking around soaking wet and dripping even back to the elevators.

About hand sanitizers, the MSC Fantasia had just a few of them, and sometimes they were empty. Most importantly no one seemed to actually use them before entering the buffet. But then again I have never heard of MSC having important outbreaks... I though it was quite a curious fact. Maybe passengers were just cleaner per se?

In regards to your Mom's fall, the area should be looked at, but lets be honest we all have, or have had elderly parents, and they do trip/fall! Thankfully your Mom wasn't hurt seriously, and we are happy to hear she is doing well!:)

The Divina and MSC are the only cruise line in the America's that haven't had any serious outbreaks of disease,(clean ships) and any serious reported crimes, while 'all' the other major cruise lines have! This is from the Coast Guard and CDC which both cover cruise lines in America!

That being said, improvements can always be made!

The Divina's last CDC inspection was in January and she scored a 94. :)

Exactly American!!! Divina under went a USBH inspection while we were in port in San Juan on Wednesday. Divina scored a 96 out of a possible 100!!! Every crew member does a deep cleaning of everything each night before arriving to an American port because they never know when there might be a surprise inspection. To add to this,,,there are hand sanitizers in front of every dining venue, as well as a crew member squirting some on the hands of every passenger returning back to the boat from a shore excursion.

Exactly, I have slipped on some of Royals and Celebrity pool decks and I wasnt even drunk officer. :) . Pool decks are a parasite for slippage of any age. My Last Indy trip was a bad one by the hottubs in the solarium older lady cut her head. Anywhere there is water on the floor is dangerous, there is no way to keep up with it on the pool deck area, as everyone is going in and out of the pools walking around soaking wet and dripping even back to the elevators.

Please note that I have never spoken badly about Divina's cleanliness. She is right along sides with Disney Dream and Breakaway (new), in terms of being clean. If anything I have spoken great about it. If the ship got a 94 in her recent inspection, she deserves it. I have never seen so many people around the ship, working constantly to keep her sparkling!

Yes, my mom fell, I thus this did dent my cruise experience. She did not trip, she slipped. Was the area wet? Yes. Do I have a problem with that? No. It's a pool area, the floor is supposed to be wet. However, my issue is when a cruise line decides to put soap as the surface in the pool deck. I wish I had pictures/videos to back my statement up. But unfortunately I do not. If I sat there for 1 hour, I could have plenty of data to back me up.

I think this is as far as I will comment on this. It happened, it was a bad experience, but it could of been much worse. So we are grateful. There are lessons to learn from this case, and we have done so already.

Thank you for your concerns and comments :)

Edited by gambee

Enjoying seeing all the pictures!!! For the night shots...are you using a tripod? and flash?

No tripod, no flash. If anything I would recommend turning the flash off, there is very little that a flash can do here. The only time the flash fired, was for pictures with food and menus.

The pictures were at high iso and with a larger aperture. That is how I managed to keep them clear without a tripod. I did bring my tripod, but recently I found that I just rather shot by hand.

The problem is that the higher you raise the iso, the more grainy pictures get. Especially ones with smaller sensors. For those I recommend using a tripod instead.

I have always loved reading your cruise reviews! I only cruised on Carnival but after your reviews ... It makes me rethink to try others cruise lines. Thank you for your awesome dedication bringing us along on your cruises and your photos are fabulous!!

Thank you for following me and your kind comment. Carnival is a great cruise line, and one that offers great deals. Now I see why it is so hard for Carnival loyal customers to move around to other cruise lines. But you never know, there might be a cruise line out there that you would enjoy as much :)

Loving your review, once again, Gambee! I am not planning another vacation for a while ( land or cruise) as our oldest is applying to college this year, but I just had to read your review and look at your pics. Thanks for all the time you put in writing these. I wrote a small bit about our trip and I never fully realized what went into it--it took days for a mere 3 pages! My daughter isn't the biggest cruise fan (too many strangers for her liking), but once she saw all of your Nutella pictures-she wanted to know when we could get on that ship! LOL

Lisa

Thank you Lisa. Yeah, they do require a lot of time, work and dedication. I am not a big fan of nutella, but the ship did have their good share of nutella products. Thank you for following along. I hope you get to go on vacation once everything settles down again :)

However, my issue is when a cruise line decides to put soap as the surface in the pool deck. I wish I had pictures/videos to back my statement up. But unfortunately I do not. If I sat there for 1 hour, I could have plenty of data to back me up.

You don t mean this literally, do you? Was is a slippery permanent surface? Or some kind of weird area to wash your feet?

You don t mean this literally, do you? Was is a slippery permanent surface? Or some kind of weird area to wash your feet?

Lol, you know I can be sarcastic at times :D. However, it was extremely slippery. My flip flops are pretty good under slippery situations, I caught myself a couple times. On another I actually ran and then slid on purpose to see how far I could go. While it was fun, it did prove how slippery it was.

I am not sure I understand the washing your feet phrase. There are two showers there, so that does not help. But again, it is not like I did not expect for this area to be dry. Pool decks will get wet.

About hand sanitizers, the MSC Fantasia had just a few of them, and sometimes they were empty. Most importantly no one seemed to actually use them before entering the buffet. But then again I have never heard of MSC having important outbreaks... I though it was quite a curious fact. Maybe passengers were just cleaner per se?

I actually also noticed that. There was only a few sanitizers on the ship, and rarely anyone used them. But, the ship is very clean! Maybe their constant cleaning has contributed to avoiding potential outbreaks. I would not say that the passengers are cleaner.

Lol, you know I can be sarcastic at times :D. However, it was extremely slippery. My flip flops are pretty good under slippery situations, I caught myself a couple times. On another I actually ran and then slid on purpose to see how far I could go. While it was fun, it did prove how slippery it was.

I am not sure I understand the washing your feet phrase. There are two showers there, so that does not help. But again, it is not like I did not expect for this area to be dry. Pool decks will get wet.

LOL....you said it was a soap floor....so I was imagining a weirdo place to wash your feet....just my imagination.

I fall, slip and stub my toes too often....

Can you tell us specifically where this is...so I can avoid it....

Thanks

LOL....you said it was a soap floor....so I was imagining a weirdo place to wash your feet....just my imagination.

I fall, slip and stub my toes too often....

Can you tell us specifically where this is...so I can avoid it....

Thanks

MsTabby,,there is an area on deck 14 near the Le' Serene pool where the surface can be a bit slippery. It seems to be some sort of a synthetic tile rather than the pool deck material. I was able to simulate cross country skiing on it in sneakers so it is quite slippery. This is definitely an area that needs to be addressed when Divina goes into dry dock.