Diamond Asian Itinerary - Can anyone confirm there is no Anytime Dining?

Duck Duck Cruise

We are on a B2B2B on Diamond leaving from Yokahama on September 27th. The first 2 cruises, which both start in and return to Yokohama, only have the traditional 2 sitting format for evening dinner. There is the buffet and the speciality restaurant options too. The 3rd cruise leaves from Yokohama and we disembark in Hong Kong and the 'anytime' option is, once again, available. We much prefer to do 'anytime' even though I am sure we will have delightful table companions on the initial cruises.

Maybe there is a cultural reason behind the reasoning to discontinue AT while in mainly Japanese waters.

I had been meaning to ask that same question. We are on the Oct.15 sailing, which has us choosing anytime or traditional dining. After reading reviews we also wondered. I do notice most other cruises are Japan round trip, ours is not. I tried a new booking choosing traditional and it was waitlisted.... As you know calling Princess doesn't always get you the right answer. :)

Have a great day, Lauri

I read 6 reviews from this year on the Review page that there is no Anytime Dining on the Japanese/Asian sailings on the Diamond. Can someone that has returned confirm this for me please?

Thanks,

Lin

We were on Diamond last July, a round Japan cruise and were on traditional. We, as late bookers, just accept whichever, never having had a problem with either type of dining, although traditional has led to the most fun with our table companions.

However, why not contact Princess and ask with reference to your specific cruise?

We were on the Sun Princess during the inaugural Japan season (2013). Except for one night when we stayed in port very late, there was only traditional set times. In addition to any cultural preference, anytime/open seating is a bit of a nightmare for the maitre d' who is trying to seat people speaking the same language together. We ended up at a large table all by our lonesome selves since only Japanese-speakers came into the dining room after us that one evening when there was open seating.