Irritated by the Valor/Liberty swap

topspin1267

I found this official reply over on the Official Carnival Facebook page, where somebody complained to them about the change,..:

<p>

"Carnival Cruise Lines - I'm sorry you're disappointed with the ship change. While I understand you were looking forward to the Fun Ship 2.0 features, The Carnival Valor is a terrific ship with a large number of balcony staterooms and a variety of other exciting features that we believe will be extremely popular on our five to eight-day program from Port Canaveral."

<p>

"The Carnival Valor will go into dry dock during the first quarter of 2016 and is scheduled to receive a number of FS 2.0 features which will be announced when finalized."

<p>

"- Mischelle Like · Reply · 3 hrs"

Awful response from Carnival imho

I found this official reply over on the Official Carnival Facebook page, where somebody complained to them about the change,..:

"Carnival Cruise Lines - I'm sorry you're disappointed with the ship change. While I understand you were looking forward to the Fun Ship 2.0 features, The Carnival Valor is a terrific ship with a large number of balcony staterooms and a variety of other exciting features that we believe will be extremely popular on our five to eight-day program from Port Canaveral."

"The Carnival Valor will go into dry dock during the first quarter of 2016 and is scheduled to receive a number of FS 2.0 features which will be announced when finalized."

"- Mischelle Like · Reply · 3 hrs"

Awful response from Carnival imho

What are you talking about? The Carnival Valor has a large number of balcony staterooms.

I think it's an excellent response! It definitely highlights what Carnival considers to be the selling point of the Carnival Valor.

Edited by Disconnections

Southwest can't be booked via those sites. go to their site directly

Good to know. I hadn't realized kayak does not show Southwest--although I swear I saw some MDW flights on there. A moot point for me now because I'm using my original airfare to San Juan, but hopefully others in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas will see it.

I'm honestly surprised at the number of people here that think the Valor is a rundown dump because it does not have a Guy's Burgers. :rolleyes:

I'm honestly surprised at the number of people here that think the Valor is a rundown dump because it does not have a Guy's Burgers. :rolleyes:

I am also surprised that people are questioning other people booking flights ahead of time. I book my flights as soon as they become available. I get the best price and get the flight times that i prefer.

I have no issue with the valor and do not plan to change my vacation. What I don't like is that I paid what I feel to be a very high price based on other voyages with the expectation of guy's, blue iguana, alchemy, ea sports bar and Seuss at Sea. Sorry but not the same bang for my buck.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have no issue with the valor and do not plan to change my vacation. What I don't like is that I paid what I feel to be a very high price based on other voyages with the expectation of guy's, blue iguana, alchemy, ea sports bar and Seuss at Sea. Sorry but not the same bang for my buck.

I don't think you paid any higher price because it was the Liberty. My Liberty (was valor) price hasn't gone up. Have you check prices for your sailing? Has it gone down? Im thinking not...

EXACTLY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think you paid any higher price because it was the Liberty. My Liberty (was valor) price hasn't gone up. Have you check prices for your sailing? Has it gone down? Im thinking not...

You probably won't because on YOUR cruise you won't see that boat much at all! I did it two years ago. It's soooo super port intensive that it becomes a cruise for dinner and quick early breakfast only. There's only one sea day. Not many burgers or burritos having to be made, nor fancy martinis all day long. So, your cruise rate should remain the same. Believe me, they know good and well how much folks will be eating during the day all week on that cruise. There's sooo much to see on your cruise, hardly anyone can be found onboard during the day.

I am also surprised that people are questioning other people booking flights ahead of time. I book my flights as soon as they become available. I get the best price and get the flight times that i prefer.

I do too until the airline decides to make my nonstop flight a connecting flight.

Not notified either but oh well I could have much bigger problems in life to deal with.:)

Bill

You probably won't because on YOUR cruise you won't see that boat much at all! I did it two years ago. It's soooo super port intensive that it becomes a cruise for dinner and quick early breakfast only. There's only one sea day. Not many burgers or burritos having to be made, nor fancy martinis all day long. So, your cruise rate should remain the same. Believe me, they know good and well how much folks will be eating during the day all week on that cruise. There's sooo much to see on your cruise, hardly anyone can be found onboard during the day.

Exactly. We have 4 sea days. And I have 2 kids. Our last cruise was Disney. I have been pumping up Seuss at Sea. And this cruise was ABSOLUTELY a premium. Almost 2x the price of a 7 day Eastern on carnival in 2013.

Edited by amyh13

Exactly. We have 4 sea days. And I have 2 kids. Our last cruise was Disney. I have been pumping up Seuss at Sea. And this cruise was ABSOLUTELY a premium. Almost 2x the price of a 7 day Eastern on carnival in 2013.

Just wondering...did you check rates the day before the change and now to see if there is a difference?

What are you talking about? The Carnival Valor has a large number of balcony staterooms.

I think it's an excellent response! It definitely highlights what Carnival considers to be the selling point of the Carnival Valor.

But not selling it to me for May 2015! She may get upgrades but that's 2016!

100% agree, especially with 4 sea days to enjoy the facilities onboard.

For those who had the Scenic OV cabins booked on Valor and were looking for the extra room that they provide, have you seen OV 2470 and 2473 on Liberty? There's a pic of 2473 on cruiselinerooms and it looks pretty big on the deck plan. These rooms are aft. No scenic windows or Lido deck but if the extra space was your goal... Anyone have any experience with these rooms?

2470 and 2473 are good rooms. I try and get them on most of our cruises! This time I went for balcony and the swap didn't affect my room-extra long balcony and bed faces sea -7439! Yippee! Am thinking of bringing one of our ENO hammocks to hang on balcony!

Sorry to go off topic but I can't figure out how to send a private message. Was 7439 bookable online? If so then it is not available for our sailing. Or maybe not available for 3 guests?

For those who had the Scenic OV cabins booked on Valor and were looking for the extra room that they provide, have you seen OV 2470 and 2473 on Liberty? There's a pic of 2473 on cruiselinerooms and it looks pretty big on the deck plan. These rooms are aft. No scenic windows or Lido deck but if the extra space was your goal... Anyone have any experience with these rooms?

I think people chose that room for a number of reasons. ..extra room 2 huge wimdows...etc

Just wondering...did you check rates the day before the change and now to see if there is a difference?

Yes. I check the fares every day. That is how I found out about the switch. The cruise wouldn't show up. Then saw posts about the valor on the boards.

I think they're going to homeport the Vista at PC, move the Sunshine and dry dock the Valor all around the same time.

Carnival Liberty - 4/14/12 - 4/21/12 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Breeze - 3/16/13 - 3/24/13 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Ecstasy - 3/31/14 - 4/4/14 (Key West & Cozumel)

Carnival Sunshine - 4/17/14 - 4/19/14 (Freeport, BS)

I think they're going to homeport the Vista at PC, move the Sunshine and dry dock the Valor all around the same time.

Carnival Liberty - 4/14/12 - 4/21/12 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Breeze - 3/16/13 - 3/24/13 (Eastern Caribbean)

Carnival Ecstasy - 3/31/14 - 4/4/14 (Key West & Cozumel)

Carnival Sunshine - 4/17/14 - 4/19/14 (Freeport, BS)

Don't they usually send the new ships to Miami or NYC?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app