Irritated by the Valor/Liberty swap

topspin1267

Oh Yes. It has been a wild 24 hours. A Carnival customer service representative even told me it was my responsibility to find out how they were going to refund the gift card I used to make a payment on this cruise. She said she didn't know, and it was my problem to figure out. Can you feel the Love? :p:D:eek:

Sharon

I cancelled my cruise on Glory for February 2015. I used a gift card for part of payment and also excursions. The gift cards are non refundable. All Carnival will do is put credit back on original gift card.

My TA just told me the Valor is going into drydock in Sept. (Next month) and will get the 2.0 upgrades!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Around a year ago Carnival had originally planned for the Valor to go into drydock in September. Earlier this year they cancelled it and have not scheduled a new one.

Around a year ago Carnival had originally planned for the Valor to go into drydock in September. Earlier this year they cancelled it and have not scheduled a new one.

And they are still selling cruises for those dates. You think that with all these changes that Carnival would have announced a dry dock for Valor if it was indeed happening

I cancelled my cruise on Glory for February 2015. I used a gift card for part of payment and also excursions. The gift cards are non refundable. All Carnival will do is put credit back on original gift card.

I have an update. I actually got to talk to someone in accounting a little while ago. They do not put it back on the original gift card, since my gift card has $0 balance. They put the money on a new gift card which is mailed to you. The woman told me she was processing it for me right now while I was on the phone. She said my deposit should be back on my credit card within 10 business days and the payment made with the gift card would be put on a new gift card which I should receive within 2 weeks. I hope so because I will use it for my S&S card on the Splendor in November.

I guess you just have to be persistent. Nobody at the regular number could answer my question. They kept giving different answers, so they transferred me to Accounting-Refunds. Hopefully what the woman there told me is true.

Sharon

My TA just told me the Valor is going into drydock in Sept. (Next month) and will get the 2.0 upgrades!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's news and would go a long way to making folks feel better about the switch!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

And they are still selling cruises for those dates. You think that with all these changes that Carnival would have announced a dry dock for Valor if it was indeed happening

Agreed. Even if the dry dock is 2016 I think they should go ahead and announce it just to stop answering the question of when is it going to be. I mean they can always change it right?

I was told by Carnival today that there is no drydock for the Valor on the schedule. And if you look at the sailing dates available on the website, it has available sailings every week from September thru March out of SJ and then straight into PC through April. Someone else posted that they researched thru June and saw sailing all the way thru June.

I cancelled my Valor trip for next feb because I wanted to switch to an inside. I used the gift cards to pay it off. I also booked my shore excursions with them as well. So I got 5 fedex packages about a week later with and now am rebooked in an inside portal view for 800 cheaper. I used the extra funds to add a miracle trip in May and a Dream trip next November.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

And as you know this happens to be Spring Break and you can't wait to the last minute to book your flight or it will cost you a fortune or even worse may not be available. We only booked our airfare 10 days ago and has already gone up $100.

I know Carnival isn't responsible for how we get to the ship but they are responsible for not having a ship to get to now. It's not like we can drive to another port like in Florida. We are on a bloomin' island.

We have done some research and for about $200 more we are going to be going on the Celebrity Summit. It sails 1 day before the Valor was supposed to sail. All the same ports except instead of St Kitts it goes to Antigua. And since we were coming in a couple days early we can make. Now we just have a extra day after the cruise before the flight home.

Some others are doing the same and some are going on RCCL Adventure of the Seas sailing the same days as the Valor was supposed to. It would cost us $500 more on RCCL than the Valor. But that's OK. We have been wanting to try another line and now Carnival has pushed us into it.

Sharon

Sometimes things happen for a reason and come out with a positive resolve;)

I was booked on the March 27th Liberty and was switched to the Valor. This is my 23rd cruise on Carnival.

I switched over to the Sunshine which I had no desire to sail on but the dates worked and it cost me an additional $200 per person.

The Liberty just moved to Port Canaveral in April and now it's moving again?

I believe with the Liberty in the same port with the Sunshine was problematic for sales on the Sunshine. They both have the 2.0 but the Liberty being larger and having a better layout was probably outselling the Sunshine.

So how do they solve that? They replace the Liberty with a generic Valor in hopes that they can raise sales on the Sunshine and people who don't know the difference will book the Valor. Trying out Royal Caribbean is looking better and better.

Sorry. These are just my thoughts.

Edited by Anjanu

I won't book the Valor til it gets updated. Needs it bad.

While the 2.0 additions would be nice, I wouldn't say it "needs it bad". Ship is in good condition.

How about the Glory? We haven't been on it yet, but it appears to have most if not all of the same amenities as the Liberty.
Glory does. Unfortunately, it also has Playlist Productions, which is not good at all IMHO. I tried three of those shows - only one was "passable.":(

Glory does. Unfortunately, it also has Playlist Productions, which is not good at all IMHO. I tried three of those shows - only one was "passable.":(

Another difference between the Glory and the Liberty would be the Glory's Mongolian Wok had been removed and replaced by Guy's Burger Joint. The Carnival Liberty still has both dining accommodations.

Edited by Disconnections

Just curious on the logic of it being 100% downgrade (the non-2.0 ship). Listen I know there is emotion involved in having cruise plans uprooted. 100% downgrade?

Update.....after thinking about it and putting emotions aside, we are going to keep our reservations and sail the Valor! This will be our 14 carnival cruise and I will admit to over reacting! April 25......Valor here we come!!!!

I was booked on the March 27th Liberty and was switched to the Valor. This is my 23rd cruise on Carnival.

I switched over to the Sunshine which I had no desire to sail on but the dates worked and it cost me an additional $200 per person.

The Liberty just moved to Port Canaveral in April and now it's moving again?

I believe with the Liberty in the same port with the Sunshine was problematic for sales on the Sunshine. They both have the 2.0 but the Liberty being larger and having a better layout was probably outselling the Sunshine.

So how do they solve that? They replace the Liberty with a generic Valor in hopes that they can raise sales on the Sunshine and people who don't know the difference will book the Valor. Trying out Royal Caribbean is looking better and better.

Sorry. These are just my thoughts.

Nailed it.

Whats up with Carnival. First they screw us in Tampa, now Port Canaveral

Seems lime they want to force us to other ports.

Really! I almost booked a Liberty cruise last week for April on Liberty and now it's moved!

Now it's FtL or Miami. Might as well start checking out NCL and RCI.