Behind the scenes tour on Divina?

dogchopper

I am leaving next Saturday for our awesome cruise!!! But I did see on here someone mention a behind the scenes tour. Is there one on the divina and how much does it cost? Oh, and can you take pictures on the tour???

They did this tour today as we were having breakfast up in the Yacht Club Dogchopper. Lot's of people taking pictures!!! I believe the price is $94.00, but I'd have to find the advertisement in my stack of papers I'm bringing home.

They did this tour today as we were having breakfast up in the Yacht Club Dogchopper. Lot's of people taking pictures!!! I believe the price is $94.00, but I'd have to find the advertisement in my stack of papers I'm bringing home.

Thanks Mike! That is very helpful.. We may do it.

Thanks Mike! That is very helpful.. We may do it.

This tour is €39.90 (approx $53) in the Med. You'll get the price at the excursion desk so, if Mike can't find it among his stack perhaps if he gets a chance, he might swing by there and check it out.

They did this tour today as we were having breakfast up in the Yacht Club Dogchopper. Lot's of people taking pictures!!!

Seriously? That's a bit off :/

When I did the tour on the Preziosa we were told we could take photos on the tour in all areas EXCEPT the Yacht Club - and it was reiterated before we went in - as it would be a breach of guests privacy.

Seriously? That's a bit off :/

When I did the tour on the Preziosa we were told we could take photos on the tour in all areas EXCEPT the Yacht Club - and it was reiterated before we went in - as it would be a breach of guests privacy.

Ahhhhhhh,,you are probably correct Kat!!! We were at the One Bar having breakfast and noticed a group of about 10 people taking pictures of everything!! Never even gave it a thought about the kitchen, crew, laundry areas. You managed to get some pics though right Kat???

I am leaving next Saturday for our awesome cruise!!! But I did see on here someone mention a behind the scenes tour. Is there one on the divina and how much does it cost? Oh, and can you take pictures on the tour???

It costs some $40 +

From those who took this tour on our cruise: you'll walk through Yacht Club area, stop at the Galley (cold storage only - not a complete tour), Theater (operator's post, rooms behind the stage), Laundry (all the equipment in operation).

No Bridge tour, no Engine Control Room.

You can take pictures.

Ahhhhhhh,,you are probably correct Kat!!! We were at the One Bar having breakfast and noticed a group of about 10 people taking pictures of everything!! Never even gave it a thought about the kitchen, crew, laundry areas. You managed to get some pics though right Kat???

From those who took this tour on our cruise: you'll walk through Yacht Club area, stop at the Galley (cold storage only - not a complete tour), Theater (operator's post, rooms behind the stage), Laundry (all the equipment in operation).

You can take pictures.

I got pictures of everywhere EXCEPT the Yacht Club where we were specifically told NOT to take photos. They are on my blog and thread. :) I took lots of photos in the Yacht Club - just not during this tour!

And on the Preziosa, we had an extensive tour of the kitchens including washing stations, food preparation areas, bakery, desserts kitchen, meat prep area, dry goods, refuse sorting, freezers and cold storage.

And the order, just to clarify on cruisetrail's post, is theatre, laundry, kitchen, then yacht club.

It costs some $40 +

You can take pictures.

Bummer that you can't go to the bridge or engine tour!!

I got pictures of everywhere EXCEPT the Yacht Club where we were specifically told NOT to take photos. They are on my blog and thread. :) I took lots of photos in the Yacht Club - just not during this tour!

And on the Preziosa, we had an extensive tour of the kitchens including washing stations, food preparation areas, bakery, desserts kitchen, meat prep area, dry goods, refuse sorting, freezers and cold storage.

And the order, just to clarify on cruisetrail's post, is theatre, laundry, kitchen, then yacht club.

Sounds like a better tour on the Preziosa... I'm gonna have to talk it over with the husband and see if we will do the tour?? Humm:confused:

Bummer that you can't go to the bridge or engine tour!!

Sounds like a better tour on the Preziosa... I'm gonna have to talk it over with the husband and see if we will do the tour?? Humm:confused:

I'd check with someone who has actually been on the Divina and been on this tour before concluding that the tours are drastically different. I simply can't see how you could possibly visit cold storage only - we spent ages in the kitchens and went through them to get to the massive refrigerated rooms.

And yes, I was a little disappointed at not being able to go on the bridge or engine rooms too - I know some other lines have offered that - but it was nonetheless a fascinating tour and since we love seeing how things work behind the scenes we enjoyed it a lot anyway.

Also, I imagine it's is the same on the Divina, we finished the tour in the restaurant Eataly where were were given a gift (MSC apron), vouchers and a small dish of food. It was tasty.

I'd check with someone who has actually been on the Divina and been on this tour before concluding that the tours are drastically different. I simply can't see how you could possibly visit cold storage only - we spent ages in the kitchens and went through them to get to the massive refrigerated rooms.

And yes, I was a little disappointed at not being able to go on the bridge or engine rooms too - I know some other lines have offered that - but it was nonetheless a fascinating tour and since we love seeing how things work behind the scenes we enjoyed it a lot anyway.

Also, I imagine it's is the same on the Divina, we finished the tour in the restaurant Eataly where were were given a gift (MSC apron), vouchers and a small dish of food. It was tasty.

Good point.. I will talk to msc when on onboard and see what they say about it!

Cold storage - all those refrigerated rooms.

No activity in the kitchen was demonstrated other than a short lecture and Q-A.

They knew there would not be the bridge and ECR.

The only disappoinment was the galley - nothing interesting was shown.

They had my camera.

Edited by cruisetrail

I guess it depends on your definition of interesting.

I for one didn't expect to be meandering through the kitchen in the midst of massive food preparation. Interesting through that would have been, I can't see how that would have been logistically possible or even very safe and hygienic. But I found enough there to be quite fascinating - we saw meat being prepared, pasta being made, bread being cooked and sliced, pastries being baked. It wasn't a hive of activity but you could hardly run a tour through when it is.

I guess it depends on your definition of interesting.

I for one didn't expect to be meandering through the kitchen in the midst of massive food preparation. Interesting through that would have been, I can't see how that would have been logistically possible or even very safe and hygienic. But I found enough there to be quite fascinating - we saw meat being prepared, pasta being made, bread being cooked and sliced, pastries being baked. It wasn't a hive of activity but you could hardly run a tour through when it is.

I believe your were on a different ship, not on the Divina?

I am just telling what was on our cruise on the Divina.

Cold storage - all those refrigerated rooms.

No activity in the kitchen was demonstrated other than a short lecture and Q-A.

They knew there would not be the bridge and ECR.

The only disappoinment was the galley - nothing interesting was shown.

They had my camera.

"They had my camera." What does that mean?

I believe your were on a different ship, not on the Divina?

I am just telling what was on our cruise on the Divina.

Maybe there is a difference and it is down to different food hygiene laws in different countries? I know on my first TA, we got jugs of fresh milk on the table at dinner for our tea and coffee until we reached US waters then those horrible little UHT mini tubs. We joked with our wIter that they'd run out of milk and he said the change was for Uses inspectors and regulations. There were a few other changes made, can't exactly recall what they were.

"They had my camera." What does that mean?
I was wondering the same thing :)

Maybe there is a difference and it is down to different food hygiene laws in different countries? I know on my first TA, we got jugs of fresh milk on the table at dinner for our tea and coffee until we reached US waters then those horrible little UHT mini tubs. We joked with our wIter that they'd run out of milk and he said the change was for Uses inspectors and regulations. There were a few other changes made, can't exactly recall what they were.
. I bet your right. Seems to be many differences like that with US ships.

It means I have pictures from the tour.

But nothing specific to share - quite a regular cruise ships' routine.

I wouldn't be thrilled by the bridge tour or Engine control room either - I have been there on other ships.

What I find realy exciting is Engine room tour (not Engine control room that is merely an office with displays and controls).

It means I have pictures from the tour.

But nothing specific to share - quite a regular cruise ships' routine.

I wouldn't be thrilled by the bridge tour or Engine control room either - I have been there on other ships.

What I find realy exciting is Engine room tour (not Engine control room that is merely an office with displays and controls).

Strange. What I thought you found exiting was photos of soap holders, the bsck of televisions, blocked off balconies. . . I could go on, but why bother.

I did a behind the scenes tour for free with NCL on a couple of ships for free. I got to see a kitchen, an incinerator/ waste compactor, theatre dressing room, corridor, carpet storage area, carpenters workshop and a crew bedroom.

Basically imagine all of above on land with slightly less space than needed, with walls made of steel. I wouldn't spend my money on it. Use your imagination!

I did a behind the scenes tour for free with NCL on a couple of ships for free. I got to see a kitchen, an incinerator/ waste compactor, theatre dressing room, corridor, carpet storage area, carpenters workshop and a crew bedroom.

Basically imagine all of above on land with slightly less space than needed, with walls made of steel. I wouldn't spend my money on it. Use your imagination!

My partner has just pointed out that I had seen all of the above before on land, but others may not have done... And gave me a telling off for being condescending. If you haven't seen these things I agree you may find it interesting.

Just don't expect what you see to be drastically different to the same thing on land. Consider me put in my place.

My partner has just pointed out that I had seen all of the above before on land, but others may not have done... And gave me a telling off for being condescending. If you haven't seen these things I agree you may find it interesting.

Just don't expect what you see to be drastically different to the same thing on land. Consider me put in my place.

I'm sorry you got in trouble? :) your opinion is valid! If I could see the engine room, the bridge, it would be way more worth it to me. As it is now I'm still on the fence as to of its worth 50 bucks. Although on other cruise lines that tour seems to be more the. 50 bucks so at least it's a better price.

I did get to see the back stage of the theater for free on a royal Caribbean cruise, that was interesting, and it was free!!