Feeling Stalked

After the first time I ever visited the Carnival site I got a phone call from a PVP. I WAS ready to book so did so with her. She has been my PVP since 2011 and I love her to death. She never calls, except shortly before I cruise to wish me a good trip, and when I get home to make sure everything went well. I check the site daily looking for price drops and she's never called after I do. It just depends on the PVP.

BTW, when I booked HAL recently, my PCC had all my personal information at hand from my Carnival cruises once I gave her my name and address.

That's awesome. I wonder if all Carnival Corporation subsidiaries can verify past guest status that way now. In 2012, we had to fax in our proof of Carnival past guest status to Princess to book at their VIP/PG rate.

My Carnival PVP knows that I contact him when I'm ready to book or if I have questions. He has only called me once this year with a good deal that I was unable to accept because I had been laid off from my job. However, before I was laid off, I was checking various cruise lines for Alaska itineraries. A guy from Holland set himself up as my Holland equivalent of the Carnival PVP and pestered me for weeks until I finally told him I was in no position to cruise for the next year and that I would contact him if things changed.

lol.

So Joe is real? A first and last name were given, but it could easily have been made up.

When I sailed Ecstasy, my parents paid. When I sailed Dream, we used a TA to book, so Carnival should know that I have a TA. I will see if I can update my profile on their website (but yikes, this will likely trigger another call!).

it's happened once or twice before when I visited the carnival site and I brushed it off. now it feels creepy.

Are you confusing TAs with PVPs? There I'd a difference.

With today's technology, following up on web site visits is normal. All you need to respond with is you will call Joe when you are ready to book. Having a good Carnival PVP is a great advantage. I would consider someone who is willing to follow up with a new customer might be a PVP to have in your corner

My advice:

Talk to Joe, let him know when you're looking to book, or if you even are, and let him be your PVP, if you're looking for deals, he will call when they come up. If he keeps bothering you, call carnival, and ask for a new PVP, and right off the bat explain your expectations, that you are just looking right now, and not ready to book, but would be interested in ... whatever you are interested in. Let them know you wanted a new PVP since Joe wouldn't stop calling you. Your new PVP will get the hint that you'll just request someone else if they do, and you're now set with a better pvp that listens, and no more annoying phone calls

My mother's original PVP left carnival 2 years ago, and she ended up with someone who called every time she went on the site, emailed her weekly, it was annoying, she called and got a new PVP, explained why she didn't want the old one to the new one, and has not had any issues since.

Personal Vacation Planners with Carnival do NOT work off of a commission. However, they are required to meet a quota.

Travel Agents are subjected to commission.

They don't work on commission per se, but they do make a fixed amount per each booking they make. They have a small base salary with the vast majority of their income coming directly from the bookings they make. So they do have an incentive to make those phone calls $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Any site you go into they have spyware hooked to you. They know what you looked at and how long you looked. I had 4 different cruise lines call after I was in for about 2 hrs looking around each site. When they called I told them I was looking for a free cruise.

This could be him:

stalking.jpg

Ha, ha, ha!

Today I requested they stop sending me emails as I was not booking with Carnival this year. I thought about doing a back to back. One RC & one Carnival however, my jury duty will prevent it. :(

At one time I received so many calls often a few a day from the same person I sent him an email to ask him to stop calling me well the calls continued I had to tell him it almost seemed like harassment. I finally got rid of him by telling him if I booked he would get the sale. Well, guess what he did not.....there was no way this pesty man was getting my booking. Never, heard from him since !!

Edited by Jeffrey1950

I asked my PVP and he said that when one of his people log into the site it puts a flag/notification on his computer that won't go away till he calls. So now he might call and just it ring once to get it to go away. ;)

Well, I don't believe that, either.

I'm on the website all the time.

My PVP never calls me except to either wish me Bon Voyage or to talk about a cruise I've just taken. He never calls trying to get me to book. He knows that I'll call him (and will know exactly what sailing, what cabin, and what it's going to cost).

They do NOT work on commission. Does that need to be repeated a few more times? :rolleyes:

My guy has also told me that they get a credit for each booking. Period. It makes no difference if I book a 3-night inside sailing or an 8-night suite. He gets one credit. They have no incentive to talk people into a more expensive cabin. More cruises, sure. But my guy knows I'd drop him if he started calling me.

The good ones know their clients and now which people may need help making decisions. They know which clients do 99% of the work themselves and who will call them when they're ready.

I too am looking multiple times on the Carnival site to see what prices are doing, but we still haven't settled on a date we will cruise. And I have been called many times by "my PVP" what is the advantage of using them over just booking it on my own on the web site?

Another question, we only tried Carnival once but it's enough to get the past cruiser discount. Did I read correctly that I can be considered a past cruiser with Princess too??! I've only cruised Celebrity and Holland...and the one cruise with Carnival.

I don't normally visit the Carnival boards, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

Two nights ago, I visit the Carnival site to get a price on a cruise. Yesterday, i get a call from Carnival to follow up on my visit to their site. And then last night, an I get a follow-up email. Both the call and the email are from my personal vacation planner - Joe.

I dont' know if Joe is real or some kind of computer robot :D

Does this happen to everybody, or am I just lucky?

I visit websites for many cruiselines and no other line stalks me like this.

Am I really special to Carnival or are they just desperate for my business? Some might see this as good customer management, ... I see it as stalking.

I don't think they are desperate for your business, nor are they stalking you.

Well, I don't believe that, either.

I'm on the website all the time.

My PVP never calls me except to either wish me Bon Voyage or to talk about a cruise I've just taken. He never calls trying to get me to book. He knows that I'll call him (and will know exactly what sailing, what cabin, and what it's going to cost).

They do NOT work on commission. Does that need to be repeated a few more times? :rolleyes:

My guy has also told me that they get a credit for each booking. Period. It makes no difference if I book a 3-night inside sailing or an 8-night suite. He gets one credit. They have no incentive to talk people into a more expensive cabin. More cruises, sure. But my guy knows I'd drop him if he started calling me.

The good ones know their clients and now which people may need help making decisions. They know which clients do 99% of the work themselves and who will call them when they're ready.

I agree totally.

I too am looking multiple times on the Carnival site to see what prices are doing, but we still haven't settled on a date we will cruise. And I have been called many times by "my PVP" what is the advantage of using them over just booking it on my own on the web site?

Another question, we only tried Carnival once but it's enough to get the past cruiser discount. Did I read correctly that I can be considered a past cruiser with Princess too??! I've only cruised Celebrity and Holland...and the one cruise with Carnival.

There is no financial advantage to booking on the website or via the 800# over a PVP. The difference is when you book with a PVP and you have an issue or need to make a change or have a question about your booking, your PVP will handle these service items. You will have their direct phone extension and get a better level of customer service. Book online and should you need to call Carnival, you will deal with a different CSR service agent and if the department is busy you may have long hold times.

Carnival will extend Past Guest promotional rates to past guests of Holland America, Princess and Cunard. Those 3 lines however do not reciprocate with Carnival nor amongst themselves.

:eek:

I don't normally visit the Carnival boards, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

Two nights ago, I visit the Carnival site to get a price on a cruise. Yesterday, i get a call from Carnival to follow up on my visit to their site. And then last night, an I get a follow-up email. Both the call and the email are from my personal vacation planner - Joe.

I dont' know if Joe is real or some kind of computer robot :D

Does this happen to everybody, or am I just lucky?

I visit websites for many cruiselines and no other line stalks me like this.

Am I really special to Carnival or are they just desperate for my business? Some might see this as good customer management, ... I see it as stalking.

Same thing has happened to me. I had a PVP call and say she was my vacation planner. I told her I didn't ever remember talking to her, I had used **** in the past, she said, oh yes you have (and she proceeded to tell me about a cruise I'd been on that she helped me with; but all she had to do was look up my history), she said when a PVP leaves, their contacts are distributed. I said, I think you are calling because you can see that I went on the website. Of course she said no. I told her that we were looking at a particular date but it was going to be very last minute. She said I'll call you in a few days and I said no, I will call you. She has since called me 3 times and left a message. Anyway, if I decide to go "she" will not be the one I use. I will go with my original person who sends me emails, but doesn't stalk me. Anyway, sorry for the rambling and happy cruising. Bonnie

:eek:

Same thing has happened to me. I had a PVP call and say she was my vacation planner. I told her I didn't ever remember talking to her, I had used **** in the past, ... I said, I think you are calling because you can see that I went on the website. Of course she said no. Bonnie

When that happened to me I called my regular PVP and he said he'd take care of it. Haven't had a different PVP call since then.

Jim

Happens to me all the time. I even told a new PVP that another planner drove me nuts to the point I was not going to sail CCL if he didn't knock it off. She called again the next day forgetting who I was till I reminded her about my experience. I was ready to scream. Make sure to "Log out" from the CCL homepage and then you can surf all you want and no calls.