Premium Water package?

tangerinebunny

I want to do the Premium Water package with OBC on our upcoming cruise, but I can't find an explanation of the package. Is the water in cans or bottles? Can I take an unopened container back to my balcony? or ashore?

I have an extreme sodium intolerance and this is the only way that I can avoid swelling up! Not a pretty sight! ; ) So I really need some available in my room most of the time.

I want to do the Premium Water package with OBC on our upcoming cruise, but I can't find an explanation of the package. Is the water in cans or bottles? Can I take an unopened container back to my balcony? or ashore?

I have an extreme sodium intolerance and this is the only way that I can avoid swelling up! Not a pretty sight! ; ) So I really need some available in my room most of the time.

Premium Water Pkg includes all the bottled waters offered on the Ship...

So Still (Domestic & Imported) - Spring - Carbonated - and Flavoured. Something for everyone.

Water is in bottles and a lot of names you are familiar with... Dasani - Evian - San Peligrino etc

Like all Bevvy Pkgs you can take your drinks anywhere on the ship

And lastly, on Shore days as you exit the ship there will be someone at a table offering bottled water (mostly Cold Spring Water*). If you have a Bevvy Pkg you just show your card. This is one spot that usually s a bit later with the rules as to quantity, usually no problems here to take more than one bottle at once.

* If you prefer something else you might want to stock up elsewhere

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

You should also know that there are no restrictions on the amount of bottled water you can bring aboard with you. You can buy cases of water, wrap them firmly in packaging tape, affix your luggage tag to them, and they can be brought aboard and delivered to your room along with your suitcases.

I drink soda water only, is that available on the water package? Also why are there no posts with an up to date bar menu so that I can work out whether it is worth while buying a drinks package on Solstice. I like wine with my meals and so does my husband, but it appears to be to be a really high price for the wine package each. I would drink 3 glasses to my husbands one, so it would be a waste for him to have a drinks package, but an odd beer would suffice... Anyone give me some advice?

Edited by picture taker
didn't sday this was my first cruise

Do you mean "club soda" or carbonated water like San Pelligrino? Club soda is not included in the water package

There are posts with drinks menus, but you will need to do a search to find them. Put the terms "beverage" and "prices" into the search box and you will probably find what you need

Edited by WestLakeGirl

I drink soda water only, is that available on the water package? Also why are there no posts with an up to date bar menu so that I can work out whether it is worth while buying a drinks package on Solstice. I like wine with my meals and so does my husband, but it appears to be to be a really high price for the wine package each. I would drink 3 glasses to my husbands one, so it would be a waste for him to have a drinks package, but an odd beer would suffice... Anyone give me some advice?

Try this.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039973

Thank you for your reply. It is club soda. I have searched for bar menus and found a couple but they were out dated, i.e. 2009 and 2010. I have however, found some very interesting advice from other cruisers which I will take into consideration on taking drinks on board. We will be staying prior to the cruise, 2 weeks in Kauai. We have to fly from there to Honolulu to get the cruise ship, so we will have to stock up on "club Soda" once we get off the flight. I have found out that I can take as many sodas as I can carry on board. I will buy the wine by the bottle and have it marked for another night.

I take it I can carry my own soda around the ship?

once again, many thanks,

Hi PICTURE TAKER,

I just replied to you on another older Bevvy Topic, here is what I wrote:

Drink Prices / Bevvy Pkgs changed in May 2014 (this post originated in April 2014)

New max limits are $ 9 for the Classic Pkg, and $ 13 for the Premium Pkg.

You can find out more here... Where there is a photo / scan of what is included in each package (by brand name), as well as further details on the price of Beers & Wine Pours in each

Ie... Beers in the Classic are primarily Domestics... And only covered up to $ 6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2092509 ... See Reply # 9

--- --- ---

Soda Water I believe falls in the Pop / Soda category (not water)

Celebrity has excellent Bevvy Pkgs and a very liberal attitude towards what a Pax can bring aboard...

Unlimited Bottled Water, Pop and Juice.

As well as 2 Bottles (750 ml each) of any type of Wine... Include Champagne / Sparkling

For the wine No Corkage if you open it in your cabin... A fee if you bring the Bottle to a Dining Venue

If you have any other Questions, just ask

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I am impressed sloop John B. I am just trying to find my way around this site.. and you caught me trying to check out who was talking to me..

Don't know where to press to respond so quickly ...

I think I have decided to buy as I go. I like my vino but don't really think I would drink as much as they are asking for on a daily basis. I am still unsure about that as well. I would perhaps drink in a day a bottle of wine on holiday but $50+ bucks a day sounds a lot to me. I saw something about the wine package which gave you about 3 - 5 bottles and if my hubby wanted a glass I could give him one because it was not disallowed? saw it, but this site is so big, I don't remember where. I also cannot find the place where Celebrity post their packages. I booked through RCI travel and not Celebrity

Ok let's go thru the various options in Bevvy Pkgs

YES you can share a wine pkg

NO you cannot share a Bevvy pkg (alcohol or not)

Where will you and your Hubby find the best value ?

Personally... We find it in the Bevvy Pkgs.

If you drink alcohol, you don't have to drink much to break even or come out ahead, because their are so many non-alcohol items also included... Bottled Waters - Pop - Fresh Squeezed Juices - Smoothies - Premium Teas & Coffees (both Hot & Iced).

We find that we drink a lot more liquids when we are on vacation... Not just alcohol... But everything especially if it is Summer, or we are in a warmer climate

For us we break even at just 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks per day

(so which pkg... Classic or Premium comes down to what you drink, such as personal preferences in Beers / Wine / Spirits)

An added nice thing about the Bevvy Pkgs is you order wine by the glass... So you can not get stuck with a whole bottle... But drink based on the food you are eating (and Celebrity's Sommeliers are great on making food match recommendations)... So Bubbles to start, and then maybe a crisp white with the Salad / Soup, and a Red with the Entree

Far more versatility... And IMHO... Better value than a wine pkg unless you are a total wine affectionado (Mr Sloop is very wine knowledgeable... Taking courses for his Sommelier papers... And even he agrees that a Bevvy Pkg s the way to go)

Read some more... Lots of great posts

Including this classic by SARAHFINADH who did a Bevvy Pkg analysis back in 2012, after I got a hold of / transcribed the Celebrity Wine List (also included therein)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32407998#post32407998

NOTE - There has been a price change since then (May 2014)... But the overall info remains the same

Hope ths helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB