Birthday Greetings to Aussiegal!

letsgonow

Hi Jennie,

Just wandered into HAL board, first in a long time, and see you are celebrating a birthday. Have a great one!! I'm sure you must be busy planning and researching your venture for 2006. We are doing a HAL cruise tour in Alaska in 3 weeks. Hope you and all your family are well. The picture I took of you and your husband on our Noordam cruise came out quite good.

If it had been digital I would have e-mailed it to you.

Have fun,

Carolyn

I'm sure it it is a great one!

You've been on my mind a lot lately as I've followed your recent cruise and land vacations. Sounds a though you had a wonderful trip.

Another reason you've been on my mind is that I saved all of your posts from last year about your Black Sea cruise on the Prinsendam. Our similar cruise this year on the Prinsendam begins in Athens 10/16, so we've been reviewing as much information as we can. I really appreciate your helpful comments and reports of the ship and the ports.

Your next one sounds fabulous!

Carolyn

Thanks everyone for your lovely birthday wishes. I didn't realize this posting was on the Board until a dear friend who posts occasionally sent me the direct link, he actually started the link. Thanks Steve.

I did have a happy day, spent with our lovely daughter, son in law and four beautiful grandchildren who are growing up far too quickly.

We are now busy planning our big six and a half week trip to South America which includes a 21 day cruise from Rio to Valpariso including Antarctica and a 7 day trip to the Galapagos Islands. We are also going to the Iguazzu Falls and Machu Picchu, quite a lot of planning but I think it will be well worth it. We will once again be staying a little while in the U.S. This time a weekend in Los Angeles.

Jennie

Jennie,

Slinkie and Grumpy add their wishes for a really great birthday and the start of another great year in the journey of life.

Grumpy,

I was able to transfer the photo of Slinkie and myself over to my Kodak Easy Share.

I will print it out. Thanks so much.

Jennie

Happy Birthday, Jennie. Is it true better late than never? Not for birthdays, I don't think. My only excuse is that it is near impossible for me to access these board lately and I just top trying. I'm finally on here today, but I can't access to "post reply" so I'm trying for "quick reply". I hope it takes.

I hope your Birthday was fabulous for you and I wish you a healthy, joyous year.

Serendipity and Heather,

Thanks so much for your greetings. Heather, I am not sure about birthdays these days. I still feel so young and yet when my husband reminded me on Friday how old I was going to be, I did for a moment feel depressed!! :( I cannot believe I have reached the age I am. ;)

The one good thing is that we feel youthful, still have plenty of energy and can walk miles and climb stairs without any stress. ;)

Jennie

A belated happy birthday Jennie. It was good meeting you on the Boston to Rotterdam trip.Glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

We have settled back to work and it feels like we were never away!!

Rob and I are going for a short break to Paris next weekend and Lauren is going with her grandparents on her second cruise this summer on the QE2.So I guess we have alittle something to ook forward to!!

All the best.

Debbie

Debbie,

It was lovely meeting you, Rob and Lauren also. I hope you bought some of those lovely portrain photos which were taken of you three. There was also a lovely photo of Lauren on her own.

It now seems an age since we were on board, as so much has happened since we left the ship. It is good to be home though and to catch up with everyone. You never know, we may meet up again some time in the future.

Jennie

Serendipity and Heather,

Thanks so much for your greetings. Heather, I am not sure about birthdays these days. I still feel so young and yet when my husband reminded me on Friday how old I was going to be, I did for a moment feel depressed!! I cannot believe I have reached the age I am. wink.gif

The one good thing is that we feel youthful, still have plenty of energy and can walk miles and climb stairs without any stress. wink.gif

Jennie

Join my club, Jenniesmile.gif . I can't believe how old I am anymore either. I asked my Mom, who is 93, if she ever reached a point that she felt "old". She said no, not mentally. To this day she feels inside the girl she once was and so do I. And I'm glad for that. I never want to lose that feeling.

You're very lucky. While I get around just fine on one level, I can barely do stairs or hills. But I'm used to it now ... and if that's my worst ailment I'll throw no pity party for me!!!biggrin.gif

Archived