Legend of the Seas E1 Deck 6 No Fridge?

andi68

Good morning

We have just booked and paid deposits for 2 cabins on Deck 6 Legend of the Seas, cruising out of Singapore in August 2015.

I just happened to spot on an old thread that Deck Six balcony cabins were in fact Ocean View cabins before the refurbishment in 2013.

I read that these balcony cabins do not have a fridge? Is this true?

My concerns are that my father and I both require medication to be refrigerated.

Really ??? What balcony cabins or any cabins don't have a fridge these days?

Paying $4000 for a 10 night cruise I don't think a fridge is asking too much.

Thank goodness I saw the thread - would've hatedto get on board to discover no fridge.

Can anyone tell me more about these new (add on cabins and balconies).

Can anyone tell me that has cruised lately on Legend - do they now have fridges??

Thank you for your replies.

:):)

We alsoi gave booked a Cat E1 on deck 6, and then found out there are no refrigerators, even though the cabin description says there are. Even our TA was surprised to learn there isn't one. Fortunately, he was able to get us a medical refrigerator. If you don't have a TA, you might try ncontacting the special needs department to arrange for one. They tell me they are about the size of the room safe and fit under the desk.

Kathy

• 8 months later...

Hi we have booked balcony cabins on level 6 and we didn't think there was a fridge, but we contacted royal carraibean and they said our cabins have a dry fridge provided - hope thís helps

We disembarked Legend on the 29th & there was no fridge in our deck 6, E1 cabin. (6546) I believe you can request a fridge for medical purposes from special needs but the cabin does not have a fridge.

Edited by phoenix1181

Hi we have booked balcony cabins on level 6 and we didn't think there was a fridge, but we contacted royal carraibean and they said our cabins have a dry fridge provided - hope thís helps

We are booked for E1 cabin 6070 in August and expected to have a fridge. Can you explain what a 'dry fridge' is?

Beware these cabins are also lacking in storage space. Was on Legend April 2013 Singapore to Dubai and was booked into E1 of then newly refurbished ship. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a JS but our friends were stuck with that E1. Not having a fridge was bad enough but layout of cabin and lack of decent storage a pain.

Unfortunately, many of the reps @ Royal don't have a clue what is, or isn't, on a ship. Having recently disembarked Legend, I can assure you, there was no fridge in our deck 6 balcony cabin. Also, as stated by Scotland01, storage is very limited.

Thanks for the feedback. This will be our first cruise with RC (we usually travel Holland America) and I had expected better for a balcony cabin. Other than ask our travel agent to request a fridge, is there anything else we could do? Our final payment is due this week.

Thanks for the feedback. This will be our first cruise with RC (we usually travel Holland America) and I had expected better for a balcony cabin. Other than ask our travel agent to request a fridge, is there anything else we could do? Our final payment is due this week.

Requesting a fridge may be possible but there's really no place to put it. I'm afraid you're stuck unless you upgrade your cabin. The balconies on higher decks have them. It's just the balcony cabins added during the refurb that don't.

Unfortunately, many of the reps @ Royal don't have a clue what is, or isn't, on a ship. Having recently disembarked Legend, I can assure you, there was no fridge in our deck 6 balcony cabin. Also, as stated by Scotland01, storage is very limited.

Hi after reading your comments on here, one of our party contacted our t/a and they informed as that NO there is not a fridge supplied on deck 6 ( after RC stating that there was!) and we would need to upgrade to deck 7 at the sum of £3940 per cabin !!!! That can't be right can it!!!! Sad state of affaires when their own staff don't know what is and isn't included - and t/a wanting nearly as much as the total cost of the cruise for 2 people, just to upgrade one level- stating to regret booking this company- should have stuck to princess - thanks for you help.

Hi after reading your comments on here, one of our party contacted our t/a and they informed as that NO there is not a fridge supplied on deck 6 ( after RC stating that there was!) and we would need to upgrade to deck 7 at the sum of £3940 per cabin !!!! That can't be right can it!!!! Sad state of affaires when their own staff don't know what is and isn't included - and t/a wanting nearly as much as the total cost of the cruise for 2 people, just to upgrade one level- stating to regret booking this company- should have stuck to princess - thanks for you help.

What do you want a fridge for- if yu need one for medical purpose you can ask and get one. Otherwise they are like a modern hotel fridge- they wouldnt cool anything just keep it cooled if already chilled.

I have never used a fridge on a ship- and I have always had one and cant see why you would.

Well everything really drink / chocolate/cold drinks for night time - have always had a fridge on other cruises and just about every hotel we have stayed in- paying this sort of money I would count it as a basic feature.

LORRAINE45, The fridge on Royal ships are stocked (checked daily by bar staff) leaving minimal space for things you may want to add & they truly don't keep things cold. Cool, yes. Cold, definitely not. Our Cabin Steward provided a large container which held a couple of bottles of water/soda/beer, on ice. It worked out quite nicely.