Reservations for entertainment- Breakaway?

Kingisacruiser

Hello all! I am hoping that I can add a countdown for the Breakaway for Thanksgiving week. But while I work out those details, I figure I'll come on and ask a any question that I can't find answers to.

I have been reading that reservations are needed to see the complimentary entertainment (Rock of Ages Burn the Floor). Can someone shed light on how reservations are made? Are these reservations made prior to boarding? Before or after final payment? TIA.

You can make reservations through "My NCL" on NCL.com and I believe it's after final payment. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do it on board, too. I personally don't usually make reservations in advance. I like to be spontaneous. 😊

Edited by AEckhardt

Reservations can be made ahead of time online, or on board (through tv in your stateroom or the box office). Even though the computer system only allows each person one reservation per show, there is a standby line and seats are released 10 minutes or so before showtime until the venue meets capacity. We saw several shows more than once, and they were worth the wait!

The interactive TV kept track of our account charges/credits, and had a calendar feature for our dinner reservations, entertainment reservations, and excursions. Dinner menus for the whole week were posted there, too, so the software was really helpful in helping decide which night we might like to choose a specialty restaurant. That, coupled with the daily sheets of on-board activity times, were a great combo to get the most out of each day, if that's your preference!

Edited by baystone

Hello all! I am hoping that I can add a countdown for the Breakaway for Thanksgiving week. But while I work out those details, I figure I'll come on and ask a any question that I can't find answers to.

I have been reading that reservations are needed to see the complimentary entertainment (Rock of Ages Burn the Floor). Can someone shed light on how reservations are made? Are these reservations made prior to boarding? Before or after final payment? TIA.

I think you can make reservations on line at. My NCL 100 days in advance for haven and suite guests and 90 days for all other cabins.

It was my experience that making reservations PRIOR to boarding via your ncl account was necessary on the Breakaway if you wanted to see Rock of Ages on Tuesday (as opposed to when docked in Bermuda on Wednesday) or Cirque on Sunday (discounted show). Both of these shows were 100% sold out at embarkation and burn the Floor only had early show times left for Monday (sea day). Breakaway is a great ship, but in my opinion it's a ship which requires a bit of pre-planning in order to enjoy her to the fullest.

• 4 months later...

FYI for others from the site!;)

If you need to cancel or make changes, please call:

Shore Excursions (US): 1-866-625-1167

Entertainment, Dining, Spa or Gifts (US): 1-866-234-7350

UK: +44 845 201 8907

France: +49 1805 62 55 27 (€ 0,14/min*)

Germany/Austria/Switzerland: +49 (0)611 36 07 0

Spain: 93 176 34 70

Australia : 1-800-077-823

Other European countries: 00800 0310 21 21 (toll-free*)

*Refers to calls from landline network. Rates differ for calls from mobile network.

Others, call us at 305-436-4000 ext. 1140.

You can book it through the NCL website (login to your profile). I highly recommend that you book it prior to boarding as many of their events were sold out once already onboard (and certainly is the case especially if you try to book it on the day of the event).

what happens if you don't show up to a reservation? is there any penalty?

Thanks

No penalty for free shows. They just give your space to people in the standby queue if you aren't there a certain time before (10 minutes I think).

Speciality restaurants have to be cancelled 24 hours before or they will charge you. I assume the same applies to entertainment with a cost.

Hi,

Does anyone know if all the second city shows are the same,It looks like there are serveral through out the cruise,I booked one online.Can you book more when you get on the ship or do they just allow you to book one like they do before the cruise?

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know if all the second city shows are the same,It looks like there are serveral through out the cruise,I booked one online.Can you book more when you get on the ship or do they just allow you to book one like they do before the cruise?

Thanks

On the BA we were able to book more than one show once onboard using the TV in the stateroom.

The Second City shows vary....early family shows and late night adult only shows( I do not think you can book the late night show on line,,,but over a year since we did it).

On the BA we were able to book more than one show once onboard using the TV in the stateroom.

The Second City shows vary....early family shows and late night adult only shows( I do not think you can book the late night show on line,,,but over a year since we did it).

Thanks you,I think your able to book the late show now online that is the one I booked,it is at 11pm.

I've been on the ba twice and never booked any shows until on board and never had a problem.

I was able to see all shows and ate at the 2 specialty restaurants that i wanted to eat in.

Some folks said they had problems booking on ship, but i didn't experience this.