Desperate! Need Managerial Person with Accountability to Fix Airline Problem

zorrosuncle

Please let us know the outcome of this situation.

The outcome is that AIR/Sea des not take outside calls. Had to go through an intermediary resulting in a conference call with carrier. Carrier informed PCC that Air/Sea was wrong. Air/sea promised to re-validate ticket (Carrier's solution) in 2 days, but reneged on their promise.

Now they don't want to re-validate until 9/24 because of "possible "schedule changes. If at that time the fix doesn't work, I bail.

Emailed PCC back and lamented fact that did not hold Air/Sea to their promise. If promise was kept, I would have more confidence in Air/Sea, if fix worked I would be able to check other three flights for possible rogue flight information. If fix didn't work would have more time to address it.

Now if fix didn't work, I have an 11th hour situation. No one seems too concerned, but I don't intend to stress myself out like this. I would think that PCC could have stood the ground on this.

I have good cruise history, and last five cruises have all been longer cruises. And I have plans for other cruises.

Ironically, I am in a situation where my Platinum insurance will protect me from HAL. They are practically putting me in an impossible situation..

ZU

Curious with this and the trouble you have had at least twice before with cruise air.... Why aren't you booking your air yourself and saving the drama and stress?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the future I will book through a good travel agent -- we have a large AAA office in my esteemed village.

ZU

Edited by zorrosuncle

• 4 weeks later...

On our first cruise with Royal Caribbean we bought CruiseAir. The first itinerary had a Ticket Date on American Airlines for November 2011. The final one had a Ticket Date for March 2012. What happens is the cruiseline will hold your ticket and the airline has the Ticket# associated with the Passenger Name Record.

Once your final payment has been made if you are on the flexible ticket you will be ticketed upon final payment. If you are on a restricted ticket it will ticket immediately.

What happens is cruiselines buy tickets in bulk like Consolidator Tickets. Some of them are heavily restricted and need to Ticket by a certain day. There is a command TAW in Sabre with a date. Your ticket goes into a queue and if the fare rules allow you can have it ticket up until a week before the cruise or soon after final payment depending on the fare.

All ticket numbers are associated with a PNR as it has been sitting on a shelf for a long time. All the Cruise Air Department does is associate the purchased ticket number with the PNR. Your ticket gets reticketed upon Final Payment in the event you need to cancel the airline rules would allow for this minus a processing fee.

What people don't realize is just because they see a Ticket Date of November 3rd,2014 does not mean its ticketed just yet. You may get another itinerary of March 3rd,2015 which means the final payment has been made. All the CruiseAir Department is doing is putting down a deposit for your airfare when you deposit your cruise if the air is flexible. If the air is restricted everything gets paid for all at once and a refund is virtually impossible.

I hope this helps.