Unused FCC

leith

Hello!

I have an FCC that expires in March of 2015. Much to my chagrin, I am not going to be able to use it before it expires. What is the policy for this? Do I get my money back for the FCC? Or do I forfeit it?

Also, if I get the refund do I just call Princess or what do I do?

All help is appreciated!

Christy

Hello!

I have an FCC that expires in March of 2015. Much to my chagrin, I am not going to be able to use it before it expires. What is the policy for this? Do I get my money back for the FCC? Or do I forfeit it?

Also, if I get the refund do I just call Princess or what do I do?

All help is appreciated!

Christy

If it's one of the newer FCCs that expire after 2 years you can call Princess to request a 2 year extension. If you no longer want it they'll automatically credit the charge card you used to purchase it. If you no longer have that card then call to get it refunded. Recently my brother's expired after 4 years & was automatically credited to his chargecard which he used to purchase his FCC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

They will try to credit it back to the original card . If that card is not available

they will mail you a check. They don't extensions on the old 4 year FCC's.

Good to know! I hope to use our existing FCCs but Barclaycard reissued me a new Princess card due to an "abundance of caution" when they thought it may have been compromised so the card that was used to purchase our last FCCs is no more. Makes me more motivated to get my FCCs applied to bookings :)

They will try to credit it back to the original card . If that card is not available

they will mail you a check. They don't extensions on the old 4 year FCC's.

We've had several of the old, 4-year FCCs extended. While they will not simply extend unapplied 4-year FCCs, they will extend them if they are applied to a specific cruise. If you're in danger in losing one (and they can be more valuable than the new ones for cruises of certain lengths), just open a fully refundable booking out a couple of years, have it applied, and then cancel it before final payment. The expiration date becomes the sailing date of the cruise.

I have made a point of applying all of our old FCCs to 10-night cruises, and each cruise I do that for gets us an additional $100 per cabin OBC.

Good to know! I hope to use our existing FCCs but Barclaycard reissued me a new Princess card due to an "abundance of caution" when they thought it may have been compromised so the card that was used to purchase our last FCCs is no more. Makes me more motivated to get my FCCs applied to bookings :)

The bank will see the old number and then credit the refund to your new number.

I have made a point of applying all of our old FCCs to 10-night cruises, and each cruise I do that for gets us an additional $100 per cabin OBC.

Agreed! We had three each when the new FCD's were introduced. We had to use one of them to book our next cruise to get onto the ship to buy more which were of ourse the new ones. Used one more old one for a 10 day Ocean View room maimizing irs value and we have one mre each that we are holding for the optimum occasion to put it to good use.

A 10 day in an Ocean View room represents the biggest difference in value possible between the old and the new FCDeposits. Old = $100 pp and new = $25 pp.

Terry