Is it possible to pay for upgrading after booking

jaxw17

We have booked on Rivera for the Black Sea odyssey cruise in September we have booked a veranda stateroom. This is not one in the concierge class. The trip is for our 40th wedding anniversary I now wish we had booked concierge Can I upgrade my original booking via Oceania if the cabins are available of course.

Yes, as a short answer.

Did you book via a Travel Agent? or Direct with Oceania?

Have you looked on Oceania's website to see if there is any availability on your cruise, just had a look, there seems to be availability on A1.2.3.4.

Congratulations on 40 years....Ruby Anniversary isn't it.

Is your cruise Black Sea Legends, depart Sept 22nd 2014?

Edited by turnip eater
Adding info.

Jax, I did this, and assuming policies in the UK are similar, it should not be a problem.

We originally booked our cabin in May, 2013 when the sailing first came out. After doing some reading and research, I decided I wanted a better cabin, and emailed my TA if any of these cabins were available, cost, and would I lose any benefits. She responded with a cabin number that was available in the class I was looking at, and the difference in fare, stating all my benefits would remain. We switched to that cabin, and received an updated invoice. Very simple.

We have booked on Rivera for the Black Sea odyssey cruise in September we have booked a veranda stateroom. This is not one in the concierge class. The trip is for our 40th wedding anniversary I now wish we had booked concierge Can I upgrade my original booking via Oceania if the cabins are available of course.

The concierge cabin is exactly the same size as the one you have booked. Yes you do get some amenities such as the "Concierge lounge", spa deck, hot breakfast from room service and a lap blanket but that is about it. Why not really splurge for your 40th and get a penthouse (I prefer PH3), they are magnificent and sell out quickly albeit pricey

Yes, as a short answer.

Did you book via a Travel Agent? or Direct with Oceania?

Have you looked on Oceania's website to see if there is any availability on your cruise, just had a look, there seems to be availability on A1.2.3.4.

Congratulations on 40 years....Ruby Anniversary isn't it.

Is your cruise Black Sea Legends, depart Sept 22nd 2014?

Yes that's the cruise we booked through an agent.

Thanks for the congrats I was 17 and everyone said it would not work!

Yes that's the cruise we booked through an agent.

Thanks for the congrats I was 17 and everyone said it would not work!

Have a chat with your Agent. Your existing cabin class is now wait listed, so you should by able to upgrade.

We'll done proving 'them' wrong:)