Time to Say Goodbye to OASIS for a little while

emmy

OASIS of the SEA diverted to Bermuda this evening for a medical emergency

She is still off the coast of Bermuda

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20140903/NEWS/140909906

Wow, thanks for the update. The passenger is fortunate they were not mid-ocean. I wonder if this will make them late to Malaga.

Wow, thanks for the update. The passenger is fortunate they were not mid-ocean. I wonder if this will make them late to Malaga.

I thought sailing on Florida side of Bermuda was Royals preferred route for a Trans Atlantic. We even sailed parallel with the Explorer of the Seas leaving Bermuda on mine in 2010.

They left on time from Fort Lauderdale and I am sure Captain Tyrm will pick it up.

Plenty of people are asking why it is taking so long to get to Malaga.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When Navigator of the Seas was in dry dock at the first of the year, there was one of the construction crew members who is also a CC member. He and his wife both kept us entertained with photos and commentaries of the refit process. He lives in the UK but travels worldwide for his company doing cruise ship refit construction. I believe his CC name was DryDockDave or something similar to this (tried to search, but couldn't find it).

If we are lucky and he is part of the Oasis refit, maybe he'll keep a running thread on the process!

We were just on the 2 day "fill in" Oasis cruise before she left for her TA. We were talking with Ashford, one of the bartenders in Boleros, and he said much of the crew will remain on board during the refit to help with the process. He said he was told he will be ripping up old carpet.

Okay, found the thread I was talking about. It was started by CC member Aim1, her husband is Dry Dock Dave. He has worked on MANY cruise ship refits for just about every cruise line. He sends the photos to his wife and she posts them for our enjoyment. I hope he is on the Oasis team, I would love to see the photos of it being done.

Pete

Okay, found the thread I was talking about. It was started by CC member Aim1, her husband is Dry Dock Dave. He has worked on MANY cruise ship refits for just about every cruise line. He sends the photos to his wife and she posts them for our enjoyment. I hope he is on the Oasis team, I would love to see the photos of it being done.

Pete

Yes photos of Oasis in drydock will be wonderful to see.

This is the schedule I found on the Port Rotterdam website of her arrival.

10641217_10152361198831693_3602231188296334976_n.jpg?oh=420ddd6ee51dcad72437db2f70aeac95&oe=54A3BE19&__gda__=1419637836_da8525d6ef6b8e8121bbf9a170393e6f

The ship yard that will do the drydock is Keppel Verolme

http://www.worldportsource.com/ports/map.106.1803.php

Yes photos of Oasis in drydock will be wonderful to see.

This is the schedule I found on the Port Rotterdam website of her arrival.

10641217_10152361198831693_3602231188296334976_n.jpg?oh=420ddd6ee51dcad72437db2f70aeac95&oe=54A3BE19&__gda__=1419637836_da8525d6ef6b8e8121bbf9a170393e6f

The ship yard that will do the drydock is Keppel Verolme

http://www.worldportsource.com/ports/map.106.1803.php

Hi Emmy! Waving up to you from Lansing, MI! Thanks for all your wonderful photos, Facebook posts, etc. You always keep us informed!

Hi Emmy! Waving up to you from Lansing, MI! Thanks for all your wonderful photos, Facebook posts, etc. You always keep us informed!

Thank you..kind of you to say so. :)

Morning to you as well luvst2cruiserccl.