11AM Flight out of San Juan ?? Think I can make it ?

Ascott318

Looking to book one way flight from San Juan to NY, everything leaving 5am or 14 hr flight with 2 stops. I did find one direct but leaving San Juan 11am, if I do platinum self assist I should be one of the 1st off ship . Do you think I can do it ???

Yes many people here will say no flights before noon, We have a 11:15 flight anf I'm not worried. Just be ready to leave the ship as soon as it's cleared.

FYI this post will most likley be moved to the port of call board so check there if you can't find it.

If you are on the Carnival Valor, you should not have a problem. The ship docks before 6:00 AM. In June, I was off the ship by 7 and at the airport before 8. We had a 10:10 flight and made it through Agricultural scan and Customs and at our flight area before 8:30. Still had time to have breakfast and read a few chapters before boarding.

We did self assist yesterday, we left our Stateroom about 8 am and took taxi to Airport. got there about 845 am The ship got docked about 630 am. I know that several people left before we did, since our flight was in afternoon.

Thanks,I think I spoke too soon. The price went up by $100 since I posted. I should have booked it and risked it at the time.

At the price difference maybe you could book a great night in San Juan and leave anytime the next day!

Looking to book one way flight from San Juan to NY, everything leaving 5am or 14 hr flight with 2 stops. I did find one direct but leaving San Juan 11am, if I do platinum self assist I should be one of the 1st off ship . Do you think I can do it ???

Of course. If your ship docks at 7AM, like my Celebrity Summit back in January, you can be at the airport getting your stamp clearance by 8am. Easy peasy at that hour of the morning. Flying back to JFK, like I did, or LGA or Newburgh?

Of course. If your ship docks at 7AM, like my Celebrity Summit back in January, you can be at the airport getting your stamp clearance by 8am. Easy peasy at that hour of the morning. Flying back to JFK, like I did, or LGA or Newburgh?

JFK ,then Airbus to Grand Central and metro-north train to Beacon. The flight times were crazy everywhere else. 5am or 14 hrs long. Thanks for help. Guess I'm going to have to buy more points to get $ down .

At the price difference maybe you could book a great night in San Juan and leave anytime the next day!

That's what I wanted to do.Going with brother and he wants to leave that day. He is going to Philly though. I'm going into JFK.

Don't forget that when you arrive at SJU, you need to have your bags scanned curbside and receive the sticker from them before the airline will check your bags in. Agriculture check or something like that. But I've heard of a few people forgetting that and needing to go do it then re-join the line, slowing them down quite a bit!