Faster to theFun

KEG0722

Quick question...I am debating booking the FTTF for my next cruise on the Carnival Liberty out of San Juan. When I originally looked it had two times available and now it it's only showing one time 12 to 1. On the notes section it said the times do not matter...is this true? I would hate to get the FTTF and show up around 11 and then not be able to get on until noon!

Awesome...thanks for the help! I just bought it! I have 237 days to my cruise and I am getting so excited! :)

I also bought FTTF and we have 237 days till our cruise too. I always try to get it because of all the perks! I am just so excited it can't get here fast enough. Probably should have booked a cruise in sept. just to get me through to April. Lol. What ship are you on?

Edited by BattyL

Is FTTF worth it if you are a platinum guest already?

No. Faster to the Fun guests receive all Platinum perks. However, on ships that offer Faster to the Fun, the priority luggage and your stateroom being ready upon boarding perks will be extended to Platinum guests.

No. Faster to the Fun guests receive all Platinum perks. However, on ships that offer Faster to the Fun, the priority luggage and your stateroom being ready upon boarding perks will be extended to Platinum guests.

Almost all the perks.............no free laundry, no gift.........but worth it for me!

I don't get it. If you sail on Carnival because it is the cheapest, than why do people pay $50.00 to get to your room faster and unpack faster? I arrive always by 10:30 at ports, get on ships by 11:00, find a place to eat, and 1:00 visit the room. Most of the time, my luggage is there. I just don't understand why paying for something that is free, is so much better than not paying, and getting the same service.

I don't get it. If you sail on Carnival because it is the cheapest, than why do people pay $50.00 to get to your room faster and unpack faster? I arrive always by 10:30 at ports, get on ships by 11:00, find a place to eat, and 1:00 visit the room. Most of the time, my luggage is there. I just don't understand why paying for something that is free, is so much better than not paying, and getting the same service.

There are other perks to , Priority boarding , you can be in your room by 11:00 AM , You have a Priority line on ship at the service desk ,, again no line to wait in , In ports where you tender in , When you are ready to go ashore , A Carnival employee walks you to the front of the tender line , you are on the next tender . and you can be one of the 1st off the ship when the cruise ends

I also bought FTTF and we have 237 days till our cruise too. I always try to get it because of all the perks! I am just so excited it can't get here fast enough. Probably should have booked a cruise in sept. just to get me through to April. Lol. What ship are you on?

I am going on the Carnival Liberty out of San Juan. It was supposed to be the Valor but it was just changed to the Liberty. I am so excited! I wasn't going to get the FTTF but I like the perks and I like the idea of being able to get to my room early and unpack so that I can go back off and explore San Juan!

For the same reason that people pay extra to eat in the Steakhouse when you can get a regular meal in the MDR. For the same reason that people pay extra for a balcony cabin or a suite when you can get to the islands with an inside cabin for less money. The reasons people pay for it is because it's available and they want it. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy those things if they don't want to. It's called choice.

And for the record, we don't sail on Carnival because it's the cheapest. We sail on Carnival because we have more fun on their ships.

Edited by RWolver672

For the same reason that people pay extra to eat in the Steakhouse when you can get a regular meal in the MDR. For the same reason that people pay extra for a balcony cabin or a suite when you can get to the islands with an inside cabin for less money. The reasons people pay for it is because it's available and they want it. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy those things if they don't want to. It's called choice.

And for the record, we don't sail on Carnival because it's the cheapest. We sail on Carnival because we have more fun on their ships.

Bravo.

Can we just go ahead and make this answer a Sticky as an answer to all these once and for all? :)

Edited by Smart Arsenal Fan

If you pay extra for the steakhouse, you are getting something that actually cost money - different food, different staff etc. A Balcony, or Suite is actually extra space. Just like a house, you pay for size.

However, many times, you can get the exact same service for "free". Like getting on the ship when you arrive at the port. Having your room available sooner and having your luggage delivered sooner. These are all items, that cost nothing to produce, and Carnival charges money for it. The point was, that why pay for something that is free?

If you pay extra for the steakhouse, you are getting something that actually cost money - different food, different staff etc. A Balcony, or Suite is actually extra space. Just like a house, you pay for size.

However, many times, you can get the exact same service for "free". Like getting on the ship when you arrive at the port. Having your room available sooner and having your luggage delivered sooner. These are all items, that cost nothing to produce, and Carnival charges money for it. The point was, that why pay for something that is free?

No different than say, in Orlando, if you choose you can pay $30 extra:

SKIP THE REGULAR LINES WITH A UNIVERSAL EXPRESS PASS!

Maximize your fun and get through the line faster on your favorite

participating rides and attractions in both theme parks. Experience an

entire universe of excitement and have more time to see and do it all.

You can use this Express Pass ONE TIME PER RIDE ONLY at

participating rides and attractions each day that your pass is valid.

Separate theme park admission is required.

etc.....

Costs nothing to produce also. What's the diff?

And my point was that nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. Apparently you have never had to wait for two or three hours in a room with 500 other guests waiting to board the ship. Or waiting for an hour in a stuffy passageway waiting to board a tender. Or standing in line at Guest Services with fifty people in front of you.

I have a Valor/Liberty/San Juan/Whatever you call it now cruise in a few months and I thought I heard for this itinerary it is not really worth it?

I guess I understand about the guest services part, but on my only previous Carnival cruise back in January I only had to go there 2 times and there was never a line. I was the only one there. Was I lucky??? :confused:

Also someone made a good point about being able to drop off their bags sooner to go explore San Juan. This makes sense too, but I guess if we don't check out of our hotel until around noon and go through the check in and grab something to eat on the ship I'm sure we should be pretty close to where we could at least get into our room.

I don't know, I just didn't want to start a new topic, but just trying to think of the pluses and minuses of FTTF on the Southern Caribbean cruise as it is still available for me. I read a lot preaching it's a waste for this trip, but also see a lot of good points in this thread how it could be useful. I don't know, I guess I'll rethink it and just decide if we feel we need it or not :)

I have a Valor/Liberty/San Juan/Whatever you call it now cruise in a few months and I thought I heard for this itinerary it is not really worth it?

I guess I understand about the guest services part, but on my only previous Carnival cruise back in January I only had to go there 2 times and there was never a line. I was the only one there. Was I lucky??? :confused:

Also someone made a good point about being able to drop off their bags sooner to go explore San Juan. This makes sense too, but I guess if we don't check out of our hotel until around noon and go through the check in and grab something to eat on the ship I'm sure we should be pretty close to where we could at least get into our room.

I don't know, I just didn't want to start a new topic, but just trying to think of the pluses and minuses of FTTF on the Southern Caribbean cruise as it is still available for me. I read a lot preaching it's a waste for this trip, but also see a lot of good points in this thread how it could be useful. I don't know, I guess I'll rethink it and just decide if we feel we need it or not :)

I agree that you do not need to purchase FTTF for ships leaving out of San Juan. Since the ship leaves so late 10PM, embarkation is spread out over many more hours, so the lines are usually shorter. There are no tender ports on the eastern Caribbean run. I guess if you have 12 carryons including 6 cases of water you might want to go straight to your cabin.

The only real advantage is the guest services line.......just do not go during peak hours.

I agree that you do not need to purchase FTTF for ships leaving out of San Juan. Since the ship leaves so late 10PM, embarkation is spread out over many more hours, so the lines are usually shorter. There are no tender ports on the eastern Caribbean run. I guess if you have 12 carryons including 6 cases of water you might want to go straight to your cabin.

The only real advantage is the guest services line.......just do not go during peak hours.

Great, thank you. This definitely helps with our decision making and with the way our first day is planned it looks like we would not really get an advantage from it and will still get plenty of time in Old San Juan. Well, as long as there is no need for a guest services visit, but I feel pretty confident in not needing it :)