Navigator Suite #526

Mrs_Tiki

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Or port deck #5? We would appreciate any comments regarding noise/ and or vibration, please let us know. Thanks.

Final payment due tomorrow, and cabin location is only thing in our way. Should we spend another $1200 for cat F balcony cabin?

Thanks for your help.

Mrs. Tiki

Golden Princess 3/04

Constellation 12/03

Millennium 12/02

Constellation 10/02

Norwegian Sun 4/02

Grand Princess 12/01

Sea Princess 11/00

Disney Magic 11/99

Sea Princess 4/99

Dawn Princess 3/98

Leeward 4/97

Royal Majesty 1/96

Horizon 11/94

Viking Serenade 7/94

Westward 7/93

QE2 11/84

QE2 6/79

We were in 520 going to Alaska so I can't speak directly to 526. That said, we LOVED deck 5. You don't have a balcony but you get more interior room as a result. The laundry is only a few steps down the hall and the Compass Rose is really handy. As I recall the void next to your suite is storage space for Room Steward's cart and such. Unless you really want a balcony I'd stay with the 500 suite.

Denise, if you're out there your comments? (Denise and Alan were in 515 or 517 on our Alaskan trip and can offer some other perspectives).

Greg

USNA72

"Big Red Boat" Bahamas 1995

Destiny Caribbean 1996

Elation Mexico 1998

RSSC Mariner Caribbean 2002

RSSC Navigator Alaska 2002

RSSC Navigator TransCanal 2003

Paul Gauguin Tahiti 2004

RSSC Voyager Baltic Aug 2004

Hi,

In 2000 we took the Navigator to Alaska and we were in cabin 524( next to 526). We loved the location.I'm pretty sure the self serve laundromat was on that floor and it was very convenient. There was vibration at times in some locations of the ship( Seven seas lounge, Portofino grill) but not in the room. I wouldn't pay extra for another location. Where is your cruise to? Enjoy!

When I weigh in about the extra money for the balcony, I usually base it on the location I am sailing to. In Alaska, I really enjoyed it. While we were going into the Fjords, being on a lower deck, we got a great view of the sea otters and the Ice Floes. In the Carribbean I would not be without a balcony. We spent a lot of time on the balcony. We were just in Bermuda and we took the balcony. It turned out that while we thought we'd use it alot, we ended up out there only one time for drinks. We used it everyday on our Panama Canal trip and especially enjoyed having room service breakfast on the balcony while we were going through the locks. We have reserved a balcony for the Navigator's fall foilage sailing to Canada. WE will be on the Paul Gauguin next year and did not reserve a balcony (cost would be a deal breaker for us)

Kathy

6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda

9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada

5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal

6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural

5/02-Millennium - Carribbean

12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean

1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade

I thought deck 5 was a great location but I had one of the odd numbered cabins on the starboard side and had a terrible motor noise 24/7. It was VERY annoying and I lost sleep several nights because of it. The even number cabins are great. The windows are quite large so you get a great view. I also wasn't impressed with the size of the balconies on this ship - they aren't very large. I think you've made a wise choice. Also there isn't any of the vibration felt in the aft of the ship in these cabins.

Kathy

Navigator

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We too were in an odd number cabin on deck five and were kept awake not by the vibrations but from the sound of a pump going on an off. When they moves us to the even side we slept like babies. I second the easy access to the laundry. We actually came home with mostly clean clothes.

Archived