Ft Lauderdale Hotel....

CrazyTownVA

So....we're cruising on Allure on Sunday December 7th. Super excited!

Can someone recommend a couple things....

1- Best hotel to stay at?

2- Best solution for transportation from airport to hotel on Saturday and then from airport to the boat on Sunday?

Best to book now or should I wait?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Book now as rates will go up the closer you get to your sailing date. How many people in your party? Do you want a suite or just a hotel room? Do you want a water view? Would you rather be at a resort or an inexpensive hotel with breakfast included? The best way to get around is by taxi in most cases. The airport is close to the cruise terminal. If you look on hotel websites, they often list the hotels by proximity to the cruise terminal.

We stayed at Cambria Suites (drove and they allow you to leave your car there during your cruise for a small fee.) nThey have a complimentary shuttle for airport and cruise terminal (they will also pick you up after cruise), a wonderful restaurant on site, and a very nice full appointed bar. Very nice staff.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Don't know which one is best (for your situation).

We've stayed at Sheraton Dania Beach-not close to much except Bass Pro Shop. Nice enough hotel. Free Airport Shuttle. I believe they have a port shuttle for a fee also. Used SAS to take us to port, but they no longer do this I understand.

Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale (Formerly Yankee Clipper)-nice, on the beach rooms available. Close to some restaurants. Used shuttle service to take to port.

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express 17th St.

They have free airport shuttle and free breakfast. Front desk is helpful.

The HIEx is down the street from the Embassy Suites which offers free breakfast, manager's reception in the evening, and a nice pool.

Both are within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

What kind of hotel do you want.....budget, upscale, etc? How many of you will be traveling? What budget do you have in mind?

Sorry, should have included more details...

We just need a place to sleep for the night- we fly in Saturday and Cruise out on Sunday. Also we have 2 kids so we would need 2 beds.

My thought is this....I don't mind paying a little more if there is a hotel that can pick us up at the airport and get us to the cruise terminal. Is that out there? Or do most places charge?

Thanks again

We just need a place to sleep for the night- we fly in Saturday and Cruise out on Sunday. Also we have 2 kids so we would need 2 beds.

My thought is this....I don't mind paying a little more if there is a hotel that can pick us up at the airport and get us to the cruise terminal. Is that out there? Or do most places charge?

Thanks again

See post # 3.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites several times. Very convenient to a shopping mall directly located behind the hotel - good for picking up last minute things - wine for example, if you plan on carrying on board.

Also has a manager's cocktail reception in the evening with free drinks and snacks. Good breakfast in the morning.

As it is an all-suite hotell you would have plenty of room - two rooms, two t.v. etc.

They do not offer airport transportation, but can fare is around $15 from the airport to the hotel. Also, around $15 from the hotel to the port. They do offer a shuttle, as do many of the hotels, but you normally pay around $8-$10 per person, so a cab is easier and cheaper.

we like.....

Hilton Garden Inn in Dania, FL.....

180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, Florida, 33004

less then 5 minutes away from Airport and Cruiseport......great restaurant onsite and nearby fast food at large retail shopping center across street....free airport shuttle and shuttle to cruiseport was $8.00 per person...i believe they also allow free parking to guests while on cruise.

great price and will book there again

So....we're cruising on Allure on Sunday December 7th. Super excited!

Can someone recommend a couple things....

1- Best hotel to stay at?

2- Best solution for transportation from airport to hotel on Saturday and then from airport to the boat on Sunday?

Best to book now or should I wait?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

The best hotel based on what? Price? View? Amenities? Service? Area?

Transportation? Does the hotel provide transportation? A taxi is usually convenient. A private limo might be the best - and most expensive.

Here are a couple of hotels that provide a nice view (both photographs were taken from the deck of the Carnival Freedom) ...

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

The Hilton airport hotel is ideal, you simply call when landed at airport and they send a free shuttle to take you directly to the hotel. We would describe it as a mid-range hotel, not budget and not up-scale. Breakfast is not included in the rate, but various sensibly priced options are available in the restaurant or simply buy a few cookies/muffins in the hotel shop, and have early lunch onboard the ship!

They have a shuttle to the cruiseport, for a fee of $8pp, but with a family it would cost less for the 10 minute taxi ride.

The Hilton airport hotel is ideal, you simply call when landed at airport and they send a free shuttle to take you directly to the hotel. We would describe it as a mid-range hotel, not budget and not up-scale. Breakfast is not included in the rate, but various sensibly priced options are available in the restaurant or simply buy a few cookies/muffins in the hotel shop, and have early lunch onboard the ship!

They have a shuttle to the cruiseport, for a fee of $8pp, but with a family it would cost less for the 10 minute taxi ride.

I am pretty sure the Hilton at Ft Lauderdale airport closed a few months ago.

Thanks again

Many hotels near the airport have a free shuttle to pick you up. These include Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Sheraton and some others. You will have to find the courtesy phone and call the hotel after you get your luggage and then they will tell you where to wait for them for pickup.

It is easy and quick to just get a cab from the hotel to the ship if your hotel does not have a free shuttle to the ship.

Look at http://www.lastminutetravel.com. Join the club...it is free. They have lots of great rates.

I would guess if you want the "best" hotel to stay at, do a google search for 5 star hotels in Ft. Lauderdale . The "best" way to get to the hotel/pier/ airport would be to hire a limo and go in style. Limosdotcom will give you a price and you can book online. As for us, we are staying at the Embassy suites and taking a taxi to and from for our Allure cruise .

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach in August. Was about $125 for the night, free shuttle from the airport, free breakfast and $10 per person shuttle to the cruise port. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am also sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on 12/7. The Embassy Suites will not allow a booking for 12/5-12/7 even though there are rooms available 12/4-12/6 and 12/6-12/8.

I tried booking there for 12/5 and said sold out. Do you know why they are not taking bookings if rooms are available?