Excursions

5soccer9

Does anyone know when Princess starts to let you book your excusions? Looking at Alaska for next summer. I can't remember how soon they open that up.

I was looking at the huge selection just this morning, but I'm not certain if you can reserve them. I'll check. We are there in May.

No...try Jan-Feb next year. At least you can browse and take note of prices.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I was looking at the huge selection just this morning, but I'm not certain if you can reserve them. I'll check. We are there in May.

No...try Jan-Feb next year. At least you can browse and take note of prices.

I know all the excursions we want to do but I heard for the Alaska tour they can sell out quick so I want to be able to book it as soon as they come out and available. I know on Carnival you can book like a year out.

They open as soon as the contracts are signed. As the 2014 Alaska season is still on-going and tour operator reviews are not complete for this year, the contract renewals or the task of fining a new operator probably isn't finalized yet.

I booked our March 2015 cruise back in July (about 270 days out) and excursions were available immediately. it all depends on the contract negotiations.

As others have said, seems to vary from sailing to sailing, depending on when the contracts are solidified. On one cruise, we even received an email from Princess saying we can start reserving, but when I went on the site, couldn't. So just have your choices ready, keep checking the site 120 days or so out. If someone on your roll call is checking them too, keep in touch with that person so you can help each other.

Not all of the excursions will go up at the same time. I've been on cruises where only some of the ports are available at first, and then later others show up. I've also seen only a few excursions available, and then others are added. It all depends on what Princess can organize and when.