QM2-storing luggage under the bed

We2Cruzers

We've been on the QM2 a few times and have had no problems storing our luggage under the bed. However, I have a friend who will be cruising for the first time and on the QM2 next month, and she is a little concerned because her case is the hard variety and apparently quite large, and she asked if I knew how much clearance there was under the bed. I don't know,so I thought I'd try posting since there are so many knowlegeable people on these boards.

Does anyone by chance have any idea on the clearance in inches under the current beds on the QM2? I'll be travelling aboard the ship myself in a couple of weeks and can measure, but it would be nice if I can let her know sooner so she can eliminate any worries on this. So if anyone does know the answer that would be great.

Thanks!

We've been on the QM2 a few times and have had no problems storing our luggage under the bed. However, I have a friend who will be cruising for the first time and on the QM2 next month, and she is a little concerned because her case is the hard variety and apparently quite large, and she asked if I knew how much clearance there was under the bed. I don't know,so I thought I'd try posting since there are so many knowlegeable people on these boards.

Does anyone by chance have any idea on the clearance in inches under the current beds on the QM2? I'll be travelling aboard the ship myself in a couple of weeks and can measure, but it would be nice if I can let her know sooner so she can eliminate any worries on this. So if anyone does know the answer that would be great.

Thanks!

According to Cunard, "The space underneath the bed, which often allows sufficient storage space for luggage, is approximately 14 inches from the floor to the top of the bed frame." https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/bed_dimension

.......or open it up and slide it under like an open clam-shell

The clam shell approach is also handy for tossing things you've worn, thus making your fresh choices in the closet and drawers more readily identifiable!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

That is absolutely brilliant! One of our cases is a bit big to fit under the bed, and we have to use the lifting trick. I never thought of leaving it open. There's always something to be learned around here!

Babs - it depends on what you are bringing with you......

But I can say that there are just two of us traveling and we have had as many as six cases (of varying sizes) stored under the bed. And I think on one or two occasions, we have also kept a duffel bag stashed next to the couch and out of the way behind the curtain to the sliding doors of the balcony. :o

Babs - it depends on what you are bringing with you......

But I can say that there are just two of us traveling and we have had as many as six cases (of varying sizes) stored under the bed. And I think on one or two occasions, we have also kept a duffel bag stashed next to the couch and out of the way behind the curtain to the sliding doors of the balcony. :o

Thanks for that; but now I'm wondering SIX cases, how long were you away? Sorry, I'm just nosy.