Miami Restaurants

golfer1966

I'm meeting some friends in Miami and we can't decide on a restaurant. Some liked seafood, some like steak. The place doesn't have to be fancy, so we can wear shorts. We have been to Bayside but want to try something different. Any recommendations....?

Cuban

even in Bayside you can find good Cuban food

stay away from the chains and look for the local places on the side rows . . .

Little Havana is just a few miles from Bayside . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

On the Miami River:

Garcia's: Seafood (locally caught and prices are very reasonable). Outdoor seating with both downstairs and upstairs views of the Miami River.

Sea Salt & Pepper (2 doors down from Garcia's). A little more upscale than Garcia's, but still casual. Lots of options ... seafood, steak, etc. Fantastic location on the Miami River - make reservations for outdoor seating. There is also a very cool outdoor lounge area there.

For Peruvian: Ceviche 105 (1 block from Bayside)

For Italian: Fratelli Milano (1-2 blocks from Bayside)

For cocktails: Area 31's outdoor restaurant/lounge on the 16th floor of the Epic Hotel. Amazing views of Miami/Miami River/Biscayne Bay.

I used to live on South Beach and only took out of town guests to Mango's if they really wanted to go. It's interesting, there is live entertainment, but not my first choice for a nice restaurant. Too tacky touristy, but people seem to love it!

I used to live on South Beach and only took out of town guests to Mango's if they really wanted to go. It's interesting, there is live entertainment, but not my first choice for a nice restaurant. Too tacky touristy, but people seem to love it!

I didn't even know the one on Ocean Drive even served food! LOL!

To the OP the good Cuban places are where no one speaks English.

Edited by BlueHerons

I didn't even know the one on Ocean Drive even served food! LOL!

To the OP the good Cuban places are where no one speaks English.

Yep, they serve food. Years ago, one of my best girlfriends had her wedding rehearsal dinner there. Her now-husband's family were all from out of town, from a very small town in New England. The men nearly fell out of their chairs when they saw the dancers' costumes :eek:. The looks on their faces were priceless!

Edited by brunello22

Yep, they serve food. Years ago, one of my best girlfriends had her wedding rehearsal dinner there. Her now-husband's family were all from out of town, from a very small town in New England. The men nearly fell out of their chairs when they saw the dancers' costumes :eek:. The looks on their faces were priceless!

Hahaha! I bet!!