Caribbean Princess 8/23-9/1

WEGL81

I posted my review here. I am home today and would be happy to answer any questions, especially about aft cabins as this was our first experience with this. We stayed in Baja B756 next to the vent (which had absolutely no effect on us)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=261367

Overall, it was an awesome cruise with my only complaint being the vibration in our cabin the whole time. I understood the vibration while the thrusters were on during docking. But the constant engine vibration throughout the cruise made for some sleepless nights. We got used to it for the most part, but that's the only thing that prevented this cruise from being a perfect 10.

Thank you for your very helpful review, we are on 3/4 day B2B December 27th and looking forward to it.

Hope you have a great time. Just remember to get off the boat between cruises. Nothing like having 100s of people waiting for you to be hunted down. :)

You didn't happen to be next to cabin B49, did you? Dying to hear how it looks. We were originally booked for b755 but the corner cabin became available so we hopped on it! Hope they get rid of the vibrations soon.. Thanks for the review.

We will be boarding her on September 13th. I really enjoyed your review. We have planned a surprise cruise for my husband and brother in law along with our kids. It was helpful to read the review as we are now in the "nervous" part of the plan, wondering if we can really pull this off!

Thanks for posting your review. We did the eastern week-long itinerary in August and also had a great time. If we ever do another back-to-back, we'll get off the ship with the last group and avoid waiting around for an hour like we had to in December.

We were in Cozumel in March. It was hot then. I can only imagine how much worse it can be in the summer months.

You didn't happen to be next to cabin B49, did you? Dying to hear how it looks. We were originally booked for b755 but the corner cabin became available so we hopped on it! Hope they get rid of the vibrations soon.. Thanks for the review.

If you mean B749, then yes, that was the corner cabin in the aft of the ship a few doors down from us. This might be better in terms of the vibration since it's not directly over the engine, and I think you also get a side view. The vibration wasn't there the whole trip. It might have something to do with where the ship is traveling (with the gulf stream, against, against the prevailing winds, etc). There were some days when there didn't seem to be any vibration at all. I don't think anything will be done about it, or even could be done about it. I've read other peoples' reviews from the same cabin and other aft cabins on the CB and, while they mentioned it in passing, it didn't seem to bother them. So it might be just that we were ultra-sensitive to it. But you'll notice it anywhere on the aft of the ship, even in the dining rooms. Several reviews I read mentioned the vent with comments like it ruined their cruise. We hardly noticed it and it had no effect on us. So maybe it's just a matter of what you're sensitive to.

We will be boarding her on September 13th. I really enjoyed your review. We have planned a surprise cruise for my husband and brother in law along with our kids. It was helpful to read the review as we are now in the "nervous" part of the plan, wondering if we can really pull this off!

Wow, that's a pretty good surprise.

I posted my review here. I am home today and would be happy to answer any questions, especially about aft cabins as this was our first experience with this. We stayed in Baja B756 next to the vent (which had absolutely no effect on us)

Overall, it was an awesome cruise with my only complaint being the vibration in our cabin the whole time. I understood the vibration while the thrusters were on during docking. But the constant engine vibration throughout the cruise made for some sleepless nights. We got used to it for the most part, but that's the only thing that prevented this cruise from being a perfect 10.

Great review. We are doing Caribbean in Feb and were wondering if the aft pool is shaded all over or sun? Thanks.

Great review. We are doing Caribbean in Feb and were wondering if the aft pool is shaded all over or sun? Thanks.
Most of the time it was shaded by the walkway to Skywalkers. But sometimes the position of the ship and angle of the sun made it sunny. The spa pool is often shady a lot of the time. Edited by geoherb

Most of the time it was shaded by the walkway to Skywalkers. But sometimes the position of the ship and angle of the sun made it sunny. The spa pool is often shady a lot of the time.

Exactly. Between the aft pool and the spa pool you can find some shade. There aren't many deck chairs in either place, though, so you have to get there early.

Thank you for posting your review!.. You mentioned trivia contests. Are there any things you win or just for fun?

Yes, DW won twice and brought home 4 cool water bottles. The crew jokingly call them "life changing prizes". They are little things like water bottles, refrigerator magnets, lanyards, etc. Nothing big but they are status symbols for the trivia teams. :)

Just returned on the 6th September and agree that it was a very enjoyable cruise with the staff exemplary. Nothing was too much trouble. the entertainment was good but not to be compared with Oasis & Allure. The food was at best, average to good. Princess hads cut down on the "little extras" toiletries (none, not even in the mini-suites but it really is a minor thing. Overall as was stated it was a very good and enjoyable cruise and we would go again on this ship.

Thank You for the excellent review. We leave on the 13th Eastern Carib on CB.

We also stay at Rodeway Inn. Its like you said, fine for one night, and they have the shuttle thing down pat, plus you can leave your car. We are booked in an aft cabin also, C752. We have been in an aft cabin before & the vibration didn't bother us, hoping it wont be any worse than we are used to. Looking forward to our trip, this will be our first time on the CB. Recent reviews have all been good! Will be doing a review when we get back!

Those cabins located aft all seem to have the vibrations that you refer to. It's a constant shaking that drives my wife crazy & never stops when the ship is in motion. We found the same thing on all the Princess ships just sitting in the Horizon or Cafe Caribe towards the rear. It doesn't seem to bother some people & they just accept it as part of the experience but ever since we experienced it we always book further forward the rear elevators where the vibration disappears.

I was in cabin R747, and loved the location, as it was truly just a few steps from the aft pool, and just a few more steps up to the Horizon Court. I was aware of the vibration too, particularly when I first laid down to relax and read each night at bedtime. It was not strong enough to cause me difficulty in falling asleep, thank goodness, and I would choose that location again.

I was in cabin R747, and loved the location, as it was truly just a few steps from the aft pool, and just a few more steps up to the Horizon Court. I was aware of the vibration too, particularly when I first laid down to relax and read each night at bedtime. It was not strong enough to cause me difficulty in falling asleep, thank goodness, and I would choose that location again.

Every since we had that aft cabin I make it a point to check the vibrations on any ship we sail in the rear most part of the buffet. Just place a glass of liquid on the table & watch the ripples. :D

Yes I know people love those aft cabins but there just not for me.