Us dollars in bermuda

azgrandmax3

Both prices? Don't understand that, the $BDA is pegged 1 : 1 with the $US so the price is the same.

$US is accepted everywhere at par and most stores etc. will try and give you change in $US but don't count on it, you may end up with some $BDA which I suggest you use for tips before you leave - there are taxes and charges to convert $BDA back to $US and the $BDA is worthless outside of BDA.

Both prices? Don't understand that, the $BDA is pegged 1 : 1 with the $US so the price is the same.

$US is accepted everywhere at par and most stores etc. will try and give you change in $US but don't count on it, you may end up with some $BDA which I suggest you use for tips before you leave - there are taxes and charges to convert $BDA back to $US and the $BDA is worthless outside of BDA.

Thanks for all the good info. We will be sure to take $1 & $5's.

CC has never failed us for obtaining info quickly.

Will I be able to use US Dollars in Bermuda at Par? Or do I have to get Bermuda Dollars. Only purchase I expect to is Lunch and Beverages. Possibly tip for the tour guide. Thanks

get a card where you never pay a service card for foreign exchange and never agree to have the restaurant, etc. convert the dollars. Let them float through to your card as is. Besides you might even earn miles for future travel with the correct card. Princess has a card that earns you on board credits and if you one 100 shares of Carnival stock you also get an on board credit. If you travel a lot, you can't beat the ROI.

Vernie

US dollars are certainly accepted.

Yes, Bermuda is expensive,but it is a beautiful island filled with warm,welcoming people.

It is a civilized place where there are no vendors on the beaches imploring you to buy-

just beautiful sand and clear waters.

Just curious- are you taking a Princess cruise that is stopping at Bermuda?

My DH and I took two cruises on the Crown Princess from NY, that included stops at Bermuda.

Is Princess going back to include Bermuda on some itineraries?

US dollars are certainly accepted.

Yes, Bermuda is expensive,but it is a beautiful island filled with warm,welcoming people.

It is a civilized place where there are no vendors on the beaches imploring you to buy-

just beautiful sand and clear waters.

Just curious- are you taking a Princess cruise that is stopping at Bermuda?

My DH and I took two cruises on the Crown Princess from NY, that included stops at Bermuda.

Is Princess going back to include Bermuda on some itineraries?

It's a TA from London to Houston. We're on the same cruise.

Thank you for the info.

I was hoping that Princess was adding Bermuda as a regular port .

We have sailed NCL and Celebrity ships to Bermuda , but we prefer Princess.

Enjoy your cruise!

Has not been a regular port since the round trips from New York several years ago.

Now only on a TA or a NE repo cruise.