Would you give up an Aft facing cabin?

jelenedra

IMO - I don't like aft looking cabins.

My choice would be Caribe deck.

Lucky me! My next cruise is an aft cabin ON Caribe deck!

LOL! I remember them too! :p

And its obvious everyone has his/her own taste....if we all felt the same, we'd be piled up in one cabin. :D

That is so true! When you consider how few aft cabins there are compared to all the rest on any given ship, you can see that the sample size of people who have sailed them will be smaller. Even if I don't get an aft-facing one, I still like to be more aft than mid ship. Aft cabins on the top decks (Aloha/Riviera, etc.) are my favorite for easy access to the aft pool area.

Yes, true! When I looked into how many cat. B4 cabins there were, I think I counted 16 on the whole ship. Of course if there is a pool of passengers who prefer them, some are bound to be disappointed. I'm sure I'll get around to trying one someday, if the price and timing are right, also maybe a different ship.

I like being in the aft area, too. My only other Princess cruise was an OV on Emerald deck on the Ruby...it was just to the front of the aft elevators, and I felt it was easy enough to get where you needed to go, and it was good to be able to walk off the pounds from the all the wonderful food!

I plan to make good use of the stairs for popping up to the Horizon and the aft pool!

Now only if we could figure out how to do a Cruise Critic Open House, so that members could visit each others cabins and see if they'd like to try that category another time.

That's why Cabin Crawls are good.

See if your roll call is organizing one.......or you could.

I've done them on nearly every cruise I've been on, and it is a great way to see the different cabin categories and the locations on the ship.

That's how we learn.........;)

That's why Cabin Crawls are good.

See if your roll call is organizing one.......or you could.

I've done them on nearly every cruise I've been on, and it is a great way to see the different cabin categories and the locations on the ship.

That's how we learn.........;)

We're not "seasoned" cruisers but haven't seen a cabin crawl yet. As there are only 4 porthole cabins it would be unlikely we could see one even if our roll call group did have a cabin crawl but it would certainly be an interesting way to see various cabins. I've only done 3 cruises so far. Cruise #1 was a very small inside cabin on Sea Princess. It was much smaller than interior cabins on the Grand class. Second cruise was an Aloha mid-forward (barely forward) balcony. Third was C752 which is an aft-facing balcony and our favorite cabin so far. (My wife loved this cabin.) We're booked into an OV for Mexico and another interior for Panama Canal. We decided we would rather cruise in an inside than not cruise at all or have to cruise less. After all, the first cruise was in a tiny inside room and that is the one that hooked me on cruising. :D

Well, I think we can argue about the word "majority." :) True, a majority do not sail in them since there aren't that many to begin with, but that doesn't mean a majority wouldn't like to. ;)

Thank You!

Edited by A1A

There is absolutely no argument!

The overwhelming majority of cruise ship passengers (up to 97%) do not sail in aft facing cabins.

This is indeed true since there are maybe between 15-20 or so aft facing cabins on each ship. It would be rather difficult to get that additional 97% crammed into those few cabins (most of which are suites.) :p There is another thread somewhere here called the Ultimate Aft thread (or something to that effect) where just about every one of the posters talks about the virtues of those aft cabins. Why this is in issue is curious anyway.

Edited by shredie

Caribe is our favorite deck for a balcony for MOST of our cruises however we always prefer aft balconies for our Alaska cruises because there is less wind and less wind = less chill factor. We've cruised on other lines in the aft balconies in suites and extended balconies and never experienced vibration. Perhaps it is something more prone to Princess ships? I know some people have mobility problems and the long walks are troublesome but we generally take advantage of the extra walking to work off some of the food. Every little bit helps.:o